The Boy Scout and Chik-Fil-A thread

Personally, I think the silent majority is fed up with this politically correct bullsh!t ,

Do you honestly think the majority of Americans are against equality?

and is not going to stand around and let the rest of America become more spineless, than it already is !

There's nothing spineless about standing up for the equal rights of all citizens.

There is nothing courageous in abiding by the status quo.

Pretty sure the idea of the LGBT movement is to secure rights for individuals. Rights that people in our "group" (ie straight, male) already enjoy.

I have brought that to his attention several times but he continues to ignore that fact and never provides any thing to back up his fictitious claim.

You might not, but it's clear that many other people-and groups- do. Wrapping themselves in the "free speech" fallacy is simply providing them w/ a convenient springboard to air those views.

Pretty sure the idea of the LGBT movement is to secure rights for individuals. Rights that people in our "group" (ie straight, male) already enjoy.

Hmmm, that's funny, because at a certain airline I know , if your single, gay and have a significant other, you can cover them with your insurance and let them enjoy flight bennies, something you can't do if your single and straight !

To ensure the equality of all to enjoy bacon wrapped scallops, should government force Judaism to recognize shellfish and pork as tasty items that need to be allowed?

Surely, the dietary laws only existed due to disease control and to protect the health of the tribes. Now that we know about proper food handling, those laws should evolve, right?...

Hmmm, that's funny, because at a certain airline I know , if your single, gay and have a significant other, you can cover them with your insurance and let them enjoy flight bennies, something you can't do if your single and straight !

Actually yes you can. Heteros call them spouses which is something same sex partners cannot do.

Hmmm, that's funny <snip> if your single, gay and have a significant other, you can cover them with your insurance and let them enjoy flight bennies, something you can't do if your single and straight !
Thank you for confirming your ignorance in writing...yet again.

What is very sad is that you probably do not even know why.

Are you saying that same sex domestic partners should not be eligible for medical insurance through our employer?

Are you saying that same sex domestic partners should not be eligible for medical insurance through our employer?

What I think is being said is that if a Homosexual Couple can recieve benefits even though they are not legally married (Ignoring for the moment the legalities) then in the interest of fairness and equality Heterosexual couples that are not legally married should be afforded the same benefits.

So what we are really discussing is the role of government in our daily lives. Do we have to regulate, legislate every single thing there is that can happen to a person? Equal protection under the law doesn't guarantee equal protection when it come to employee benefits. Companies are totally and completely free to do as they choose.

Or we can allow all people to enter into a marriage contracted and not have to worry about domestic partnership benefits.

Hetero couples have the option of getting married or staying single. Same sex couples do not have that option. So with out domestic partner benefits committed same sex partners would be denied benefits afforded to hetero couples.

East fix. Eliminate the ban on same sex marriage.

Actually yes you can. Heteros call them spouses which is something same sex partners cannot do.

Actually , no, you can't remain a single hetero and add your significant other to your bennies !

Not all heteros are married or want to be married to their signifcant others or are you telling me "ALL" gay couples want to get married..............btw, I believe "Marriage" was a religious ceremony long before it was a state or federal ceremony !

No what I am.saying that hetero have a choice that same sex partners do not. Give them the choice and get rid of the domestic partner benefits or keep it the way it is and stop complaining.

Back