The Company That Couldn't Shoot Straight

I agree 100% desertfa66. East went through the SAME thing when we went from PACER/ARTS to SABRE. The crying continued until SABRE was replaced with SHARES, now the crying is to bring back the system that replaced the beloved PACER....go figure
You are so wrong on this one. Within 2 weeks with Sabre, we knew we had a great system. Sure we missed Pacer, but we adjusted to Sabre quickly and we LOVED it. Here we are now 3 months into this nightmare and WE STILL HATE IT. I don't care what kind of spin the Tempe a$$holes put on this, it's a piece of crap, not pax or employee friendly and we are losing millions and millions because of it.

Twice baked Pollyanna must be from Sheraton 4 Points!

If you want to sit here and take sh@! from Piney just because he pays your salary....you go right ahead.

You know damn well if you were an employee and a customer treated you like this arrogant @zz in person you would fight right back.

I have too much respect for myself and my fellow employees to let ANYONE treat me like a servant of Piney!!!

As far as I am concerned PINEY BOB, you DO NOT PAY MY SALARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other thousands of DMs that RESPECT the employees of US pay MY salary!!!

If you want to sit here and take sh@! from Piney just because he pays your salary....you go right ahead.

You know damn well if you were an employee and a customer treated you like this arrogant @zz in person you would fight right back.

I have too much respect for myself and my fellow employees to let ANYONE treat me like a servant of Piney!!!

As far as I am concerned PINEY BOB, you DO NOT PAY MY SALARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other thousands of DMs that RESPECT the employees of US pay MY salary!!!
I DON'T THINK YOU ARE TWICE BAKED, I THINK YOU ARE HALF BAKED!

Sure, and do another :rolleyes: migration??? That makes TOTAL sense
Another migration...this one hasn't even been migrated yet...turn the Sabre switch back on..I'm with you Phillyrocks......BRING BACK SABRE!!!

I hope with this new building in Pit they will outsource res work back once again. In two weeks notice the company gave out 1500 pink slips and closed shop. They decided to ruin people's lives and outsource the work to the Honduras. Winston res building is too small and an additional res center east would be beneficial to all.

Only one that matters?????

You are sooo frigin arrogant!!!!

Sometimes I wish you would take your miles and go elsewhere.

Nice way to tell the employees that you could give a sh!@ less about what this is doing to them.
Twice,

Did you read the post he responded to? This person was making excuses for this POS system. The one we have all be subjected to. I for one am sick and tired of all the Head Aches it is causing! Piney was just pointing this out.

Go ahead and enjoy your ranting, but please don't stomp on the grave of TWA while you are at it. Even at our worst we were never anywhere near as bad as the USAirways of the past few months!!!

sky high states: I have the highest regard for TWA employees! I even joined you all (flight attendants) on the picket line in 1985 at JFK. You all persevered for over a decade.....against what the industry has become! Every one of you, endured. I'll never forgot.

only stating opinions.

TWA were a class act until the very end. They treated non-revs from other airlines like royalty. They were how airline employees should be.

Twice Baked often forgets that. He/she forgets the weekend in PIT to attend the Greentree Closing reception at the invitation of the CWA. That was on my dime, including the door prizes I purchased. Same with the other eight FFOCUS members. Ditto, BB's retirement dinner, again on my dime. I wonder what effort TB makes beyond dues?? Certainly no value has been added here.
The PIT reservations closing funeral that the Cockroaches had was up and beyond the call of a customer. The Company did nothing worth mentioning except standing on a desk and announcing the closing. The Company tried to take credit for the event that the Cockroaches had only to get egg on their faces.The manager’s only concern was that of himself or herself

John John,

Thank you for your kind words. The closing party was not organized by FFOCUS, however. It was organized by CWA, and we were invited to attend. As Bob said, however, we did show up with some gifts which were raffled off if I am not mistaken.

I had the honor of attending that party and met so many people who were instrumental in keeping my butt in a US seat for so many years...
if it were not for these folks and their colleagues who remain, most of us would have been long gone.

I commend Mr. Flores for an on spot commentary. I would appreciate if someone could PM me his email address.

My best to you all....

I agree with all of the sentiments on this post... However, I fear that if they brought back sabre. The problem would be with the west, and we would have another reservations KATRINA... Can you imagine what the media would do to us? Here's a CEO wanting to transition the res system into one single unit. Tried it... Didn't work... and go back to the system the east is using? If anything. They should migrate to a completely different system. If there is a learning curve, it would be on both sides.

Unfortunately, the mismanagement from the CEO is head on. He is not applying it directly to his forehead. He hasn't learned the fundamental aspect of his position. He hasn't learned to listen. With all company's, your best asset is your employee base. We know what works and what doesn't.

Just my opinion...

Can you imagine what the media would do to us?

sky high states: Can YOU imagine what will happen if we dont CORRECT this mess and the LONG AIRPORT LINES?

Found this on another board:

Subject: US Air Is Awful
Date: 4/22/2007 4:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time
MsgId: 521992

We just completed a trip to Grand Cayman flying US Air down from Providence thru Charlotte, and UA Air back to Providence thru Philly. We usually avoid this airline but due to scheduling, we were forced to use them. NEVER AGAIN!!! They are understaffed, overbooked, inept, always late for no real reason (all 4 flights were at least 50 minutes late), and have the longest lines. At Grand Cayman airport, the checkin line was out the door since they had three flights leaving within 2 hours of each other and only 3 attendents checking people in. We got there 3 hours early and had to stand in a line for 90 minutes before we could check-in; they do one flight at a time. Meanwhile, the counters at Delta, Northwest, Continental and American all had lines of no more than 10 at any one time.

In the future, we will avoid this airline no matter what.

only stating opinions!