The Company That Couldn't Shoot Straight

I am extremely moved by the kind words that many of you have expressed about TWA. Although I am part of US Airways, I will always be TWA in my heart. The exeprience of being a TWAer is one of a kind. We fought the fight and we went down with dignity. It was a pioneering airline even in the way it died. I thank many of you that responded so quickly when its name was being used in vain.

I was hoping that the lessons learned from the demise of TWA would be learned (where have we heard "full service, low cost" before? ) but alas it's not hapening. All I can say is that I'm glad that there are US Airways employees that care enough to fight for their airline.

What has always impressed me most regarding the demise of TWA was the great sense of pride and dignity the employees ALWAYS displayed even when the writing was on the wall right up until the very end...it truly was the end of not only a legendary and storied airline...but also marked the end of an era in aviation forever changed after 9/11.

As stated in the book Splash of Colors: The Self-Destruction of Braniff International, TWA like Delta was an airline with a true family feel between its employees. TWA's employees were special, that is and always will be a fact.

TWA was a great airline. I still want to know how AA can sleep at night. I was never a TWA employee, but had quite a heated discussion with an AA employee about this. The only fair way for all employees of a merged company is to go date of hire. How AA could do this to TWA employees that had mega years of experience was deplorable. Anytime an ex TWA employee is at my gate...automatic upgrade.

Anytime an ex TWA employee is at my gate...automatic upgrade.

sky high states: Picture this, 1984. Getting bumped in Europe with no back ups. I walked to the TWA counter, replied, "is there anyway.....". Within an hour I was on one of their beautiful 747's, cruising home.

Thank you, TWA. :up: :up:

only stating opinions

75% of this company used Sabre. Within 2 weeks of the change over from Pacer to Sabre it was smooth sailing. Why make 3/4 of this company go to a system that is crap when 1/4 of this company could learn the new system with 3 weeks of training. Again, the transition was easy. Almost 3 months into this nightmare and thing are STILL not better.

Here's my WAG. Let's say the Co had a reason to reduce or eliminate the east furlough list for CS. This might be helpful for list integration and perhaps to start hiring from the street. So, if you want to up personnel costs you should lower infrastructure costs. It might not be zero sum. Is it true that LCC is recalling CS in CLT and PHL? How many are left and what percent are likely to come back? just speculating....

oh and I still believe that the execs don't really care about the brand. Consolidation will fix that problem in a few years.

Good to see that someone is realizing you cannot be a full service low cost airline. It is like trying to build and sell BMW quality at Kia prices. It does not work unless labor and resources are free. Something has got to give ..... IMHO

Mike Flores just likes to see himself in writing. Lot of "hot air" with no gutts or action.

It will be the same next year...same place, same station, more hot-air. Where are the other LECPs on the issue of no agreement...????

There is no such thing as low cost/full service. You are absolutely right! All psychological mumbo jumbo. And Wall Street bought it!

Here's my WAG. Let's say the Co had a reason to reduce or eliminate the east furlough list for CS. This might be helpful for list integration and perhaps to start hiring from the street. So, if you want to up personnel costs you should lower infrastructure costs. It might not be zero sum. Is it true that LCC is recalling CS in CLT and PHL? How many are left and what percent are likely to come back? just speculating....

oh and I still believe that the execs don't really care about the brand. Consolidation will fix that problem in a few years.
YOU ARE RIGHT...WE MOAN AND GROAN ON THIS WEBSITE...THE BOTTOM LINE IS...THEY DO NOT CARE. THEY WILL WALK AWAY WITH MILLIONS AND MILLIONS..THIS DOES NOT EFFECT THEM AT ALL.

No recalls left in PHL, CLT's are recalled now with the hiring. The big issue is all those PIT RES agents that were forced to the street with 2 weeks notice. They are waitlisted for non early out lines. So, if there are any PIT/RES on recall, put your transfers in for PHL NOW! Before they hire off the street.