The Company That Couldn't Shoot Straight

Sky High,

Which Res system is right? Sabre from the East! or Shares from the west!...? Are you making the assumption that the east is the ONLY way to go? I agree that something has to be done... However, what is the best way to get to the bottom line? If DP had done things correctly, there would have been hundereds of supplemental agents there to assist the transition. There weren't... Had the east won out and SABRE was used would DP have had hundereds of supplemental agents on the west during the transition... I doubt it...

Something has to be done... But What...

Just my opinion...

The solution is fairly easy. return Sabre on the east , and qik/sabre for the west for a full transition to sabre to follow.

I agree with all of the sentiments on this post... However, I fear that if they brought back sabre. The problem would be with the west, and we would have another reservations KATRINA... Can you imagine what the media would do to us? Here's a CEO wanting to transition the res system into one single unit. Tried it... Didn't work... and go back to the system the east is using? If anything. They should migrate to a completely different system. If there is a learning curve, it would be on both sides.

Unfortunately, the mismanagement from the CEO is head on. He is not applying it directly to his forehead. He hasn't learned the fundamental aspect of his position. He hasn't learned to listen. With all company's, your best asset is your employee base. We know what works and what doesn't.

Just my opinion...
75% of this company used Sabre. Within 2 weeks of the change over from Pacer to Sabre it was smooth sailing. Why make 3/4 of this company go to a system that is crap when 1/4 of this company could learn the new system with 3 weeks of training. Again, the transition was easy. Almost 3 months into this nightmare and thing are STILL not better.

Sky High,

Which Res system is right? Sabre from the East! or Shares from the west!...? Are you making the assumption that the east is the ONLY way to go? I agree that something has to be done... However, what is the best way to get to the bottom line? If DP had done things correctly, there would have been hundereds of supplemental agents there to assist the transition. There weren't... Had the east won out and SABRE was used would DP have had hundereds of supplemental agents on the west during the transition... I doubt it...

Just my opinion...
Sabre is the answer and yes, I'm from the East. This is why: Sabre is a GLOBAL system. USAir has been a major player for decades. Shares is for a third rate regional airline. Our pax are used to using a fabulous system that gives THEM capabilities to easily do what THEY need to do, not alienate them. Employees and pax are able to find flights that will take them around the world and back without having to build connections. The reason these a$$holes in Tempe keep this system is for one reason only: CONTROL. And no, the supplimental agents would not have helped. This system is a pig. We are now into almost 3 months of this nightmare and it is NOT getting better and will never get better.

Sky High,

Just my opinion...

Your basic misunderstanding, and therefore incomplete solution is based on a naive attempt to equate Sabre to Shares. Like comparing Windows to anything else, or a caterpillar to a butterfly, your comparison is doomed.

Fact is, some moron(s) at A&W "invented" QIK as an overlay to Shares to "help" the agents. A&W is trying to market a basic Windows 95 overlay to DOS. Most people are smart enough to avoid products that are, like your president, all hat and no cattle.

Cute attempt to make money, if you were in kindergarden. Out of kindergarden one would think a minimal level of sophistication might be included in a product. Instead of helping, QIK seems to add keystrokes to accomplish basic tasks, hardly using computers as they should be used, to make our lives easier.

Bury the f*cker.

Your basic misunderstanding, and therefore incomplete solution is based on a naive attempt to equate Sabre to Shares. Like comparing Windows to anything else, or a caterpillar to a butterfly, your comparison is doomed.

Fact is, some moron(s) at A&W "invented" QIK as an overlay to Shares to "help" the agents. A&W is trying to market a basic Windows 95 overlay to DOS. Most people are smart enough to avoid products that are, like your president, all hat and no cattle.

Cute attempt to make money, if you were in kindergarden. Out of kindergarden one would think a minimal level of sophistication might be included in a product. Instead of helping, QIK seems to add keystrokes to accomplish basic tasks, hardly using computers as they should be used, to make our lives easier.

Bury the f*cker.

AND THIS WHY WE NEED NATIVE SHARES. THE QIK OVERLAY IS THE BIG PROBLEM…

Sabre is the total solution to the qik/shares nightmare that we have been living through for the last 9 weeks. The sooner we get rid of this pig system the sooner we will get our operation back on track. If they won't give us back sabre, I guess native shares would be acceptable for a little while. I hear it is very close to pacer. But sooner or later we will have to move to amadeus if we are going to remain in the star alliance.

This management truly is the gang the can't shoot straight.

1)Shares disaster
2)Aircraft Reconfigurations
3)Lowering Service levels

They know the price of everything , but the value of nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SABRE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Pollyanna :rolleyes:

From the customer perspective which frankly is the only one that matters it has been an unmitigated disaster of the first order. The Katrina of Res Migrations if you will.

All the while we have Baghdad Bob out there insulting the customers intelligence. They were caught in Documented Lies there Pollyanna.

Here we are 9 weeks into this abortion and multiple pages of fixes still exist. The QIK overlay is by all accounts near useless. See Pollyanna when you have a REAL airline you need a REAL reservations system.

When US was just the East it had the only third world banana republic airport in the USA as a hub. Now thanks to all of the "Enhancements" from the "Cost of everything, Value of nothing" Gang we now have third world on-time performance, third world baggage services, third world wages, third world inflight service, third world customer service and last but not least a third world reservation system.

All of which give me an idea. Perhaps the company should change its name to TWA which would be "Third World Airways". Or Trailerpark In The Sky Airways

PLEASE LEAVE TWA out of this MESS... TWA Trans World Airlines was a GREAT AIRLINE. They just did not make due to MANAGEMENT.

Bury the f*cker.

Your right ussnark, I don't have a basic understanding of the res system. I will give you that. I'm a flight attendant, why would I want to be profficient at the res system? If you look at what I said, you would see my simple yet obviously mis-understood point. Both east and west are working with system that isn't functioning. It might be working on the west - However - the east... where the majority of LCC's bulk travel is located, is greatly restrained...

Going back to an east system... or learning the west system... is futile, if the company doesn't take the time to fix the problem.

Windows, DOS, MAC, OS2, UNIX, JAVA, whatever, language is only as good as the user...

Just my opinion...

TWA were a class act until the very end. They treated non-revs from other airlines like royalty. They were how airline employees should be.

I am extremely moved by the kind words that many of you have expressed about TWA. Although I am part of US Airways, I will always be TWA in my heart. The exeprience of being a TWAer is one of a kind. We fought the fight and we went down with dignity. It was a pioneering airline even in the way it died. I thank many of you that responded so quickly when its name was being used in vain.

I was hoping that the lessons learned from the demise of TWA would be learned (where have we heard "full service, low cost" before? ) but alas it's not happening. All I can say is that I'm glad that there are US Airways employees that care enough to fight for their airline.

Latest posts