The DOL files suit against the IAMPF and trustees

JABORD said:
So in conclusion, I've been waiving a piece of cheese at the rodent 700 for quite some time and he has a coy strategy of giving partial answers. His "no one pass judgement" comment is an indication that he would be happy to see us take our foot off the pedal on this matter.

Let's be clear. In 2008 the IAM members would have had to reject, in whole, the CBA, no individual choice between IAMNP or 401k offered, and forego ANY small morsels of gain, $$ among other things. Human nature and financial struggles will not allow for that.This dis-interest of the Industry Unions to not pitch us things..on merit, perpetuate this balless attempt to 'back door us '.

Where do we go from here:
T.Nelson presents one option that will need some sharpie, and not on this forum-too many Wizards whipping up wind, that along with other things will hopefully convince the IAM to walk away on this issue.

I would encourage all to stay up on the DOL investigation and it will be interesting to see if anyone is able to connect the dots as to how Jim Little plays into this. Frigg'n Devil that guy.
I personally don't have a problem if they allow members to choose. I believe that is what happened in the last Alaska airline contract with IAM members. We have several IAM members who are uncomfortable investing the company contributions in a 401k, while myself and others would much rather divert the company contriubtions into my own 401k for me to invest, as opposed to the IAMPF. No wonder why my pension was whacked by the IAM due to poor investing, I now find out that they cut deals with fund managers and most likely tossed our funds in desperate funds that bottomed out, all while they had no problem partying on $2,000 bottles of wine. In any case, a choice would be nice. At Alaska I believe it was a one time choice. I'm ok with that.

regards,

Reactions: 1 person
The Delta organizing campaign is officially "Grounded". RIP IAM. Might as well reel in the organizers from the faltering JetBlue campaign as well after this mess and start tossing out officers and cleaing up our own house prior to leaving home. Good Grief!

regards,

Reactions: 6 people
700UW said:
Show me one CBA vote in the airlines that you don't vote the entire CBA up or down?
You CBA vote is not a Chinese Restaurant, you don't pick from column A or B.
Was a survey conducted to conclude what value was placed on particular items before negotiations started? Was retirement options included? IAMPF vs 401k Match.

If there was a survey conducted who gets to read that tally?

I personally don't like the idea of not trusting my leadership but from many things and stories I've read regarding these multi-employer Pension funds can you blame me?

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
The current fund trustees should put out a letter of explanation. Some damage control is absolutely needed.
There should be letters of resignation submitted Monday by all involved.
Further, if they are gong to fight this, who's money will be used to defend them, IAM coffer money?
They should have to hire their own lawyers.

This isn't just a few low level Union reps,
The accused is a Who's who of Buffy's Executive Council, the Secretary Treasurer and multiple GVP's, the whole damn heiarcy of the IAM smells real bad right now and I believe it brings in question their fitness to represent anyone.

Reactions: 3 people
Roach is a former IAM GVP and ST, as was Mart, not all named are current IAM Officers.

Traymark said:
Further, if they are gong to fight this, who's money will be used to defend them, IAM coffer money?
The accused is a Who's who of Buffy's Executive Council, the Secretary Treasurer and multiple GVP's, the whole damn heiarcy of the IAM smells real bad right now and I believe it brings in question their fitness to represent anyone.
Association or not I think I'll let the IAM guys figure this out?

Traymark said:

If the IAM is anything like the TWU the memberships money willbe used without their approval. That is the way Social Leftist are.

Reactions: 5 people
700UW said:
Charges?
It's a civil suit, not criminal.
Charges, lawsuit, allegations, Actions whatever bucket you wish to carry the Iam's water in tool boy. Your beloved Iam Business Union is not doing much to win over new members, and it's continued corruption and failures will be it's end.
I suppose your next tool boy line of BS will be the Iam's private jet is really the worlds smallest commuter airline.

Take your Iam lies and deceit and be gone with thee. AA people are tired of your Iam gas.

Reactions: 10 people
several of us on this forum have tried to warn that the Teamster central multi-employer pension was in trouble and then the same people warned about the IAMNPF was not what we want to get into to.
It happened that most of us were informed AMFA organizers and it turns out our fears were real and not a organizing stunt after all.
I stand by what I have previously said on this forum based on what I saw,read and believe.  Maybe the critics should have listened more and talked less.

Reactions: 7 people