The Law And Workers Rights

atabuy

Senior
Oct 13, 2002
I think we might be looking at this in the wrong way. We keep talking about reducing medical costs and benefits to make the airline profitable.
Why isn't there a law that requires all companies to provide the same benefits to every airline and non airline employee, no matter what job he has.

We have seen our wages reduced because of illegal workers coming into our country, who probably get health care for free, off of our taxes.

Politicians are courting them, and want to give them amnesty, to get votes for themselves at the cost of the American worker.

They say these workers only take jobs that no one wants. WRONG.
If the job pays enough people will do it. Illegals keep these wages down.s

Is there waste within the airlines? Sure.
Can jobs be moved to places where labor costs are lower? Yes.

Electrolux is going to Mexico. 2000 jobs lost in a town of 8000.

Something really stinks in gov. today, and they don't even care if you know how crooked they are.

Maybe it should be a separation of Church, State , and Business.

Just ranting a little. What can we expect, when most politicians are lawers.

One other thought I have about the Gov. bailing out the airlines.
Maybe we should be suing the gov. for pissing off half the world with the meddleling they do.

Airlines were used as a weapon of mass destruction, because our gov. has befriended and betrayed most of the other nations at one point or another.

Sadam is just one example of this. We have meddled with the entire world, and now we are in it up to our eyeballs.
The gov. takes no responsibility for what they have caused to so many in our country.
Yet spends 100's of billions on people outside of our own country, while our soldiers are dying for the American dream which seems to look like Halliburton's business plan.

I am not very proud of what is going on here.

Any thoughts?

Yes, Atabuy.....but as salaries go down in America and other high cost areas, salaries are rising in India and countries where the global economy prevails. Pretty soon no one will have anywhere to go for cheap labor. The global market place. There are soon to be a boat load of retirees here in the good ole US of A for a 20 year time span beginning with those born after the 2d world war. The illegals are being let in to pay for those who will be retiring.

The problem with politicians is we need term limits so that no one serves more that two terms. We also need a third party to keep the other two straight, however the Dems and Repubs have so much money, the keep knocking out any attempt for a third party.

I don't worry about America p---ing off any other areas of the world. In fact, those areas have p---ed off our country with their in ept leaderships and suppression of their peoples from getting an education and bringing their countries to the 21st Century. What I am referring to here are royal kingdoms. They are archaic and are only self-serving to keep the wealth within the royal families. The hell with their peoples.

Yes, Atabuy.....but as salaries go down in America and other high cost areas, salaries are rising in India and countries where the global economy prevails. Pretty soon no one will have anywhere to go for cheap labor. The global market place. There are soon to be a boat load of retirees here in the good ole US of A for a 20 year time span beginning with those born after the 2d world war. The illegals are being let in to pay for those who will be retiring.

novaqt,

It will take years for china to come up to our pay scales. And a lot of other countries also.
My point is that our gov. is responsible for the mess we are in around the world, and the terrorists using our planes as weapons to attact us.
You know the way the law works. The person or countries who caused the damage or were negligent in protecting our country because of not sharing intel are the real culprits here and should be responsible for damages to the airlines.

Our gov. says it is just the marketplace which rules, but give big producers money not to grow food. Great tax breaks to the rich, and say they have no money to fund medical programs. Look where our deficit is today compared to 4 years ago.
We do have to stop terrorism now, but maybe if we didn't betray the ones we backed at one point, it would be a moot issue.

A good book on foreign policy.
The Ugly American.
http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.js...glyamerican.htm

pass busdrvr some lime jello.