The Merger as seen by the UAL MC

...you've mouthed off at every level and opportunity. You've bragged about "unfairly disadvantage"-ing me via a 767...and it's only a bloody SIMULATOR..
It's speaks volumes about your character that you consider anyone who disagrees with you to be "mouthing off at every level."

I'm surprised that someone who is so adept at throwing insults and jabs can not take a few himself without becoming so insulted.

Just for the record, let's try to remember who cast the first stones in this ever deteriorating discussion with remarks like this:
Especially someone who was "the youngest in my class" who spent no time in military service, and was apparently adopted by an airline immediately after buying his licenses :blink:

or this:
It occurs to me that you may actually be sufficiently steeped in Alpo Koolaide that you perhaps even believe what you post.

or these:
Cute stuff Sonny-Boy.

You can do what you like with your keyboard little boy.

Neither is the lack of such any excuse for being a loud mouthed punk.

Now... who is really acting like a punk? Maybe you should look in the mirror. <_<

Now... who is really acting like a punk? Maybe you should look in the mirror. <_<

Hmmmm...(looking up definition of "punk")..I'll still have to go with someone who mouths off and can't back it up at any level other than with yet more mouthing off :lol:

QUOTE(767jetz :"Say what you want, but I would gladly get in a simulator with you and go head to head just for fun." I say: Bring it on, and name your stakes..and don't spare the 767. If 30 degree banks in sims is your idea of "fun"....OK."

Hmmmm...(looking up definition of "punk")..I'll still have to go with someone who mouths off and can't back it up at any level other than with yet more mouthing off :lol:

QUOTE(767jetz :"Say what you want, but I would gladly get in a simulator with you and go head to head just for fun." I say: Bring it on, and name your stakes..and don't spare the 767. If 30 degree banks in sims is your idea of "fun"....OK."
You guys are cracking me up with your macho "I got to have the last word" posts. I think the title of this thread should be changed as there is no more relevance to the original post. Oh well, thanks for the entertainment this evening gentlemen.

You guys are cracking me up with your macho "I got to have the last word" posts. I think the title of this thread should be changed as there is no more relevance to the original post. Oh well, thanks for the entertainment this evening gentlemen.

No direct charge...but a kind donation to the charity of your choice would be appreciated ma'am :up:

Cute stuff Sonny-Boy."Yes... P - E - E - R. Get over yourself". You can do what you like with your keyboard little boy.

"I do not come here and make presumptions about your background or level of skill. Maybe you should consider extending that same courtesy."

Fair enough. I'll extend you that same courtesy. Here's one that should be no problem for my
" P - E - E - R." How about 5 Grand on the table next month, or asap upon mutual scheduling considerations that says that I'll take your sorry, thirty-degree-max bank "professional pilot" tail to the bank/cleaners in a setup match at some "Fighter Fantasy" deal of mutual agreement? :up:

I'm quite in earnest on this btw. The details can certainly be worked out. I imagine that we could arrange no shortage of witnesses just from these boards.

"(You know... the stuff replacing those old steam gauges you used for most of your career.) But I will not stoop to that level with childish jabs. I challenge you to act your age and do the same."

I challenge you to back up your punk mouth :shock: Shouldn't be any issue for such a "professional pilot" and respectable "P - E - E - R."
I realize that not having any military training's not prohibitive as per airline flying. Neither is the lack of such any excuse for being a loud mouthed punk...Ummm..I mean "P - E - E - R" :lol:

PS: As I'm seeing no reply, an additional sale's pitch = Consider the fun value..you're an Alpo "politican"..you could reasonably try and slip in a "ringer" from your group at UAL...or at least try and bribe the instructors.

Sigh...One more thought: All those thousands of flight hours that you've not spent, plus all that time I've spent looking at "those old steam gauges you used for most of your career" have certainly ruined both my reflexes and vision..it'd be a walk over for someone as good as your attitude indicates that you must be;)

Well..at least think about it. It'd take less time and work to simply grow a pair than it will to come up with some convoluted BS reply that attempts to denigrate an honest Challenge.

Good Lord. What a child!!

"

Actually? I'd be very proud to know Duke Cunningham.

No surprise there. I think he would have fit in very well on the East with his attitude. Word is that after he became an Ace, his CO informed him and his GIB that they would be put in for, and would be awarded the Navy Cross. Duke's reply was that they would hold out for the the Medal of Honor (MoH). CO had to remind him that you don't hold out for the MoH and Duke was awarded the Navy Cross.

Replace MoH with DOH and Duke could have been your MEC Chairman. (Actually, maybe that's where the current one got the idea, after all, he lives across the creek from the Academy)

BTW; there's no such thing as a "former Ace". Cunningham IS an Ace..

Oops, my bad. Should have said: Navy Ace and former congressman.

I can see you have a habit of getting off topic and trying to redirect the conversation. But in the context of what this thread is actually about (ie: The Merger as seen by the UAL MEC) there is nothing for me to "back up."

My original post was a factual statement in response to someone who could not access the power point presentation. And my comments to you, (which I clearly stated was my opinion and therefore does not require any backup) is that I don't think you and your group will be successful in imposing your will on anyone, either now or in the future, AND that I disagree with the idea of making one person's career whole again by diminishing the career of someone who made better choices or had better luck.

The rest has all been a marginally entertaining pi$$ing contest. Now if you really need to have the last word, then pi$$ away! :rolleyes: If you want to add anything to the actual discussion at hand I'd be happy to re-engage.

767jetz

some one is going to the cornfield.

Why is being banished called the cornfield? Why not the soybean field? or the wheat field? Is the cornfield really that bad of a field? Obviously you can't send people to the strawberry fields, cause that is forever plus you have all that pesky drug testing these days. Somebody from Nebraska please jump in here :p

If you banish somebody, you should send him somewhere bad, like Siberia or Devil's Island. I propose that from here on out, if somebody gets banished from the boards we refer to it as sending him/her to "the NYC Transit Authority men's restroom at 2 AM on a Saturday night"

I propose that from here on out, if somebody gets banished from the boards we refer to it as sending him/her to "the NYC Transit Authority men's restroom at 2 AM on a Saturday night"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As a native New Yorker, I gotta say, that one is classic! Absolutely brilliant! :up:

Thanks for the laugh!

No surprise there. I think he would have fit in very well on the East with his attitude. Word is that after he became an Ace, his CO informed him and his GIB that they would be put in for, and would be awarded the Navy Cross. Duke's reply was that they would hold out for the the Medal of Honor (MoH). CO had to remind him that you don't hold out for the MoH and Duke was awarded the Navy Cross.

Replace MoH with DOH and Duke could have been your MEC Chairman. (Actually, maybe that's where the current one got the idea, after all, he lives across the creek from the Academy)
Oops, my bad. Should have said: Navy Ace and former congressman.

"No surprise there. I think he would have fit in very well on the East"

Sigh...now THAT truly shames me to the core. To think that such a slimeball as a man who downed 5 enemy aircraft would be seen by you to be acceptably cast amongst the scum of the east is truly insulting.

"Replace MoH with DOH and Duke could have been your MEC Chairman."

You can actually place those two, "MoH with DOH" together in the same sentence?...amazing.

If you want to add anything to the actual discussion at hand I'd be happy to re-engage.

767jetz

Was there ever any "actual discussion"? :lol: My perception's that it was merely a schizoid tap dance, and propoganda fest on your part...and I can always watch Riverdance for far better material :down:

As for "re-engage"..you would have to actually be capable of standing your ground at some level...and that certainly didn't happen.

Have fun Kiddies

"No surprise there. I think he would have fit in very well on the East"

Sigh...now THAT truly shames me to the core. To think that such a slimeball as a man who downed 5 enemy aircraft would be seen by you to be acceptably cast amongst the scum of the east is truly insulting.

That's some "creative quoting" there, East. But not surprising. In your parallel universe time has stood still since the early 70's. Randy Cunningham is a hero, not a shamed convicted felon and Piedmont is a proud airline, ruling the East Coast, not a commuter out of SBY.

Back on topic. Neither the UA (nor NWA, if you want me to post their analysis of the seniority arbitration) is "enraged" over what happened. They're just looking at it and drawing the conclusion that arbitration should be avoided through good-faith negotiating, because arbitration is a "roll of the dice". It's a lesson the East learned the hard way.(Actually, it hasn't learned anything yet, it seems).

Why is being banished called the cornfield? Why not the soybean field? or the wheat field? Is the cornfield really that bad of a field? Obviously you can't send people to the strawberry fields, cause that is forever plus you have all that pesky drug testing these days. Somebody from Nebraska please jump in here :p

If you banish somebody, you should send him somewhere bad, like Siberia or Devil's Island. I propose that from here on out, if somebody gets banished from the boards we refer to it as sending him/her to "the NYC Transit Authority men's restroom at 2 AM on a Saturday night"
Have to admit I love the idea. I think "a few" need a trip there.