The most important reason to vote NO!

There wasnt a vote between the IBT and IAM at US, the IBT never gained enough cards to force an election.

I believe the it says:

per Article 1, page 4 of the 2003 agreement.

1) The integration of the seniority lists of the respective employee groups will be governed by the provisions of Sections 3 & 13 of Allegheny Mohawk, 59 CAB 22 (1972), provided that no employee on the master seniority list will be adversely impacted in rates of pay, hours, or the working conditions by the integration.

We settled with the AWA Mechanics with our Transition Agreement of April 2008. The AWA Mechanics were Teamsters at the time. We had a vote for which union would represent the combined group. It was at this time that the IAM wrote the pension plan into our agreement which we gladly voted yes for.

What about the pilots and Flight Attendants?

Did they open preexisting agreements early to start the transition agreement and if so how far into the preexisting agreement were you? In other words di you have 6 years left on it? When you guys accepted you deal that merged the two where did you land in the industry?

It should also be noted that currently USAIRWAYS has refused to negotiate a fair deal with their mechanics and they are much closer to us at the bottom than they are to the number three guy from the Bottom, never mind the top.

So why would we want to merge with USAIRWAYS when they screw their mechanics nearly as bad as AA?

Reactions: 2 people
Because the international doesnt have to live under the contract.

Plus it saves them money, think about it, there's nothing to enforce and they can just sit back and collect dues which pay their six figure salaries, Generous benifits(why do you think the TWU was the onbly union to not support Obamacare?) and leased cars (why would International officers, whose membership is primarily involved in representing workers in mass transit need union paid for cars?).

Since the company can do what they want there wont be any system board grievances, just local area boards.

Reactions: 3 people
Word of advice for Tulsa,
Could the guy who had the VOTE NO billboard truck on Garnett this morning please park a little further off the road. Don't block 1/2 the lane, I almost got my car smashed because someone didn't see you until it was almost to late.

There wasnt a vote between the IBT and IAM at US, the IBT never gained enough cards to force an election.

True. But it was a nasty period for all. Just like the AA people are going through now, I'm sure.

It was at this time though, that a lot of mistrust and dissension for the IAM was formed. And although the IBT never gained the signed cards they needed to force an election, it was at this time that AMFA almost gained a foothold and became the union to represent the combined group.

What about the pilots and Flight Attendants?

Did they open preexisting agreements early to start the transition agreement and if so how far into the preexisting agreement were you? In other words di you have 6 years left on it? When you guys accepted you deal that merged the two where did you land in the industry?

It should also be noted that currently USAIRWAYS has refused to negotiate a fair deal with their mechanics and they are much closer to us at the bottom than they are to the number three guy from the Bottom, never mind the top.

So why would we want to merge with USAIRWAYS when they screw their mechanics nearly as bad as AA?

The pilots and F/a's are still working under their seperate contracts that negociated years ago. They also expired years ago. It's like we are 2 separate companies with lots of infighting within groups. So the answer is yes, it could go well beyond 6 years before any Transition Agreement could be formed.

That's Parker's and America West's MO. Just keep draging it along and save tons of money with expired contracts. In fact, our contract expired 12-31-2011, and we expect no movement for years and a lot of foot dragging by the company. Just like our pilots and F/A's.

So as AMT's, we expect to be at the bottom for years.

US and the IAM M&R are in Section 6 negotiations and are currently in mediation, and the T/A after the merger was a gain for both HP and US AMTs.

US and the IAM M&R are in Section 6 negotiations and are currently in mediation, and the T/A after the merger was a gain for both HP and US AMTs.

Better go lick their hands for a treat. Be sure and whimper. You would not want the master to hear you growl.

Word of advice for Tulsa,
Could the guy who had the VOTE NO billboard truck on Garnett this morning please park a little further off the road. Don't block 1/2 the lane, I almost got my car smashed because someone didn't see you until it was almost to late.
yes but did you see all the vote YES signs outside the main gate that were made in the unions sign shop, you think the vote NO signs can be made there also BAHAAHAA oh I crack myself up

yes but did you see all the vote YES signs outside the main gate that were made in the unions sign shop, you think the vote NO signs can be made there also BAHAAHAA oh I crack myself up
You crack yourself up? Now that cracks me up!