The Question Being Asked.

Good question!

We all have several options.

I am really tempted to go back to school. It's become obvious that Law and Banking aren't being farmed out to third world workers.

Actually I would really, really like to start breeding horses. There is no more honest a companion than a horse!

On the other hand, with the President's Mars initiative, and China's announced colonization of the Moon, there will be some aerospace jobs opening up very quickly. But that wouldn't be much of a change would it?

Truth is, I'm going to stay and fight to make this the best airline for both employees and customers that I can make it. And if it goes down, then I 'll just stand-up, dust myself off, and see which option tickles my fancy at that time.

Meanwhile, if management thinks that I'm going to let them profit personally off of our sacrifices, let me remind them:

Well, I will go to school get involved in the communications field.
Be a tax burden to Bush.

i started flying planes so i hope to finish my ratings and ultimatley go work for fedex or ups. no airlines, boxes don't #### and they will always fly. you always gotta ship freight. there are noe low fare freight airlines so i don't have to worry about that.

as for the time being if u folds i have a friend who will get me a job with customs and immigration while i get my flt ratings. it pays 70,000 a year. big jump from my 42,000 a year f/a job. i made 42,000 last year slinging cokes. thats why i don't complain. very easy job, good money. they could take another 5% from me flying and i would still make good money and i love what i do. so that makes it even better. its great to make 70,000 .but if your not happy . its not worth it. thats why i want to fly. i have always enjoyed aviation so i will definatly go back. not as a f/a though. as a pilot. if iam going back to something i love why not get paid much more than before. iam only 27 yrs old so i have time. there wqill be a shortage of pilots in the near future. we have alot of snior guys at carriers ready to retire so they need pilots. figured to give it a shot. wish me luck guys.!!!

etops1
Taking another job in aviation as a pilot, I do hope you like it. You might make more money driving a bus for Greyhound!
The thrill is gone for me.

My thoughts are if corporate america is not willing to pay me what I'm worth, I will seek employment elsewhere.
When companies continue to give work to the lowest bidder, quality goes down. Ask NASA! Have we forgot the incident in CLT Jan 2003?

Example: In CLT shortly after U farmed out the mail/cargo a tug was driven thru the security gate between the runways. I spoke with the investigating officer the driver was driving with a suspeded drivers license. Thats some good pre-employment screening, don't ya think!

Overall, I suspect in the years to come, aviation will not be as safe as it once was. I have no intent to be involved with any organization that farms out aircraft maintenance to the lowest bidder.

Good luck to all.

But when I can make an living doing other things and not working weekends & holidays to suport my family I will.
Maybe when dave cuts my umbilical cord like he has so many others I will.

I consider myself lucky to have worked around so many former Eastern and Frontier employees. I’ve learned so much. Not just about maintaining aircraft but about how important it is to be fiscally responsible.

talking about vehicles driving thru airport fences, there was one at phl recently and that driver had no license but yet didnt even get caught and was near several usair planes

RedOne
Posted on Jan 24 2004, 04:07 PM

Wow! You are THE man!
(sigh), If only the women around me knew.......
-but modesty forbids it.

Talk about horses. This spring my girlfriend is breeding her Trakehner to a Friesian,.Who-Waa, now that should be a HORSE.

Life is so short, and there are so many things to do, and learn. Hey, airline work is my night job.

That's why I can say so confidently:

Go into business for yourself! That way you can implement all of these ideas you all have. Then you are your own boss and you cannot blame anyone for anything...except yourself. It is truely the only way to be free.

Ed (UAIR employee on leave of absence) :ph34r:

zonecontroller said:
etops1
Taking another job in aviation as a pilot, I do hope you like it. You might make more money driving a bus for Greyhound!
The thrill is gone for me.

My thoughts are if corporate america is not willing to pay me what I'm worth, I will seek employment elsewhere.
When companies continue to give work to the lowest bidder, quality goes down. Ask NASA! Have we forgot the incident in CLT Jan 2003?

Example: In CLT shortly after U farmed out the mail/cargo a tug was driven thru the security gate between the runways. I spoke with the investigating officer the driver was driving with a suspeded drivers license. Thats some good pre-employment screening, don't ya think!

Overall, I suspect in the years to come, aviation will not be as safe as it once was. I have no intent to be involved with any organization that farms out aircraft maintenance to the lowest bidder.

Good luck to all.

But when I can make an living doing other things and not working weekends & holidays to suport my family I will.
Maybe when dave cuts my umbilical cord like he has so many others I will.

I consider myself lucky to have worked around so many former Eastern and Frontier employees. I’ve learned so much. Not just about maintaining aircraft but about how important it is to be fiscally responsible.
what ever. i have always wanted to fly . its been my dream since a kid. you are you and i am me. i will give it a shot.

I started a year ago. Back in school to get another degree. When I started with USA over 6 years ago, I always said that this would be a stepping stone. The reason is because the industry was not what it was 15, 20 years ago.

I just feel sorry for those who never prepare for the what ifs. I was always taught to expect the best, but plan for the worse.

Good luck to everyone in their eneavors. Whether US folds or not!