Does Airways Even Have A Marketing Dept.?

BoredToDeath

Advanced
Oct 19, 2002
I was just watching the Philly game, which is being played in PHL, and not one US Airways Add. Meanwhile, Southwest had adds almost every other break, and they haven't even started flying out of here yet!!

This company is turning into a real embarassment. I mean gezz, you cant even run adds in the one city where we're the largest game in town? Your already letting SW run all over us and their first flight is'nt until when, April or May? Do you know how freakin retarded that looks?

And all the while all we can talk about is which part of the company is going to be sold. Here, I'll give ya something you can sell;

WHY DONT YOU TRY SELLING SOME SEATS?

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now,......really.

There is a group of people who collect pay and work in an area known as USAirways Marketing. However, they are obviously left over remnants of the nepotistic management style of the past. I wonder who's brother or sister they are? I knew the present management team was not serious about turning UAIR around, when they did not clean house of these nepotistic holdovers. UAIR middle management is full of them. That is when I reached for the ejection levers and boy am I glad I punched out a year ago! :(

USAirways marketing is a joke. The only thing good about this whole ordeal is the spirited rivalry that will take place between the two Hubs in next sundays game. This will make for some interesting calls between CLT and PHL during the week.

I'm sure U itself will not promote the fact either.

GO PANTHERS !!! :up:

forgot to say that usair hasnt had a marketing department in years! if we had one we'd never be as bad off as we are today i bet!

AOG-N-IT said:
USAirways marketing is a joke. The only thing good about this whole ordeal is the spirited rivalry that will take place between the two Hubs in next sundays game. This will make for some interesting calls between CLT and PHL during the week.

I'm sure U itself will not promote the fact either.

GO PANTHERS !!! :up:
This will also make for a large amount of sick calls from those who want to watch the game but are scheduled to work. I really hope everyone uses their head and doesn't make our current situation worse.

I am willing to bet that the people in the marketing dept. want to advertise or have suggested that we become the official airline of "whatever" but that the bean counters shut them down because it would cost money.

No....It's called WN's marketing department was smart enough to go after the NFL and sign a deal with them to be the official airline of the NFL. During EVERY NFL game there are at least 5-10 WN commericals. Not saying US can't get ad's in there though.

US Airways (Allegheny)has been in Pit far longer than Philly. With the amount of time they had been there and given the fact that Pit is a sports town....you would think they could manage to be the offical airline of something out there.
Steelers, Penquins, Pirates...even the local news as to travel. Why can't someone endorse Us Airways. We are such a joke.

But what do the we know. They only thing we know how to do good is bend over and take it in the.......2 times and counting

They seem to have found alot of money to send out the new code of conduct books didn't they.

No marketing in Pit, Clt or Phl because they already know about us. Hmmm maybe were not giving marketing enough credit, maybe their running ad's in Dfw for our surprise te-te a te-te with arch rival WN vis-a vie Phl. ;) :p

CCY is assuming that everyone knows about US. That is not true.Even in the small town I live in which only has USAIRWAYS EXP. Only Beechcraft 1900"s, people drive 2 hours away to fly America West or Am. I Have seen Southwest commercials in my town and there is no Southwest even here!!!! At least not yet. I never see any commercials for US Ariways.....anywhere. Maybe they advertise in the cities U doesn't fly to. :blink:

Bob, so you think our Marketing Department does well? Then why did you start the roaches, complain about BBB? That is all Marketing my friend and they do a poor job not only Avertising but also Pi$$ing some of our best passengers off.