Does Airways Even Have A Marketing Dept.?

Now perhaps if you feel so strongly about the lack of advertising to save US Airways perhaps the unions could donate say the next 3 months dues collected to US with the stipulation that the monies be used for advertising, In return, US matches the contribution 2 to 1 over and above the current budget?

I thought wedid donate....to the tuneof $1.2 B.Oh,that's right,that was last year. ;)

Today's WN press release:

Southwest Scores Three Philly Sports Sponsorships
Southwest gained the home-field advantage in Philadelphia last week with the signing of three sports sponsorship agreements. Southwest now reigns as the Official Airline of the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Philadelphia 76ers, the National Hockey League's (NHL) Philadelphia Flyers, and Major League Baseball's (MLB) Philadelphia Phillies.

"Southwest is as passionate about our upcoming arrival in Philly as Philly sports fans are about their home teams," said Senior Vice President Marketing Joyce Rogge. Southwest also is a partner of NFL television broadcasts on ABC, CBS, FOX, and ESPN; Proud Sponsor of the NFL; and the Official Airline of Super Bowl XXXVIII. In addition, we are the Official Airline of the NBA and WNBA as well as the Official Airline of the NHL.

Southwest's various Philadelphia sports sponsorship agreements include signage, broadcast partnerships, and charitable and community outreach. Fans attending select Flyers, 76ers, and Phillies events also will have the opportunity to win free trips on Southwest Airlines through specific promotional giveaways.

We will launch service at Philadelphia on May 9 with daily nonstop service to Chicago Midway, Las Vegas, Orlando, Phoenix, Providence, and Tampa Bay. The accompanying fares and flights to other cities nationwide will be announced later.

FLEET UPDATE: Year's First Two New Aircraft Added to Fleet
Southwest has taken delivery of N449WN and N450WN*our first two new Boeing 737-700s of the year. These additions to our fleet begin a busy year of deliveries, with a total of 47 planned during the next 12 months. These deliveries, with 17 planned 737-200 retirements*including five this month*will result in a net addition of 30 aircraft during 2004. With this pair of new aircraft, our fleet stands at 389: 22 737-200s, 194 -300s, 25 -500s, and 148 -700s.

For the remainder of the year, we have 45 deliveries planned, which will bring our fleet to 417 at yearend. The busiest month for new aircraft additions will be June, with nine scheduled deliveries. We have six deliveries scheduled for both April and August, with five planned for November. Looking ahead to 2005, we have 34 planned deliveries and five projected retirements.

PineyBob said:
Never said they do a GREAT job. They have limited resources so it is difficult to guage. BBB has of late seemed to be more customer oriented and I have seen improvement.

I honestly NEVER thought Id see this day...BUT Bob is right...(God I must be running a fever)

Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to advertise ...especially during the Play OFFs ???

Suppose next thing you'll be expecting is U to advertise during the Super Bowl...

Who knows...Maybe they'll Actually Advertise during the Masters !!!! Re: New service added !!!!

Colby said:
PineyBob said:
Never said they do a GREAT job. They have limited resources so it is difficult to guage. BBB has of late seemed to be more customer oriented and I have seen improvement.

I honestly NEVER thought Id see this day...BUT Bob is right...(God I must be running a fever)

Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to advertise ...especially during the Play OFFs ???

Suppose next thing you'll be expecting is U to advertise during the Super Bowl...

Who knows...Maybe they'll Actually Advertise during the Masters !!!! Re: New service added !!!!
Yea, Bronner wants to get people out to play on his golf courses. If he can gouge UAIR to get them there, that's OK.

Piney Bob says:
So while you pummel Dave for his arguably bloated compensation, your leadership thrives quite nicely while members suffer. So try not to be hypocritical it plays heck with credibility. Hypocracy in this case reminds of a saying, "Same Circus, Different Clowns"

I don't remember saying anything about Dave's compensation package so I'm not sure where that came from. My point is, with all of the money they've received from concessions,renegotiated leases,et al, why isn't there any money to do any kind of marketing? It seems the only time our name is mentioned anymore is in stories relating to our demise.