The State Of The Labor Unions

Smoke and Mirrors said:
Do_it_for_Dave said:
Blunt, honest, and direct communications with the front-line employees is the only way to get them to understand the competitive realities of the marketplace.

It is management's job to articulate the value and consequences of the paths in language the employee can understand.
I could not have stated this in a more eloquent manner. Dave has been very honest and candid with the employees. The employees must understand that now is not the time to allow the competition to gain momentum. Lets fight together this battle against the LCCs. If you continue fighting management…every employee will end up losing at the end.
s&m,

Yes, I must agree partially with what you are saying. Dave has been very honest and candid by conveying to the employees:

1. He has no clue how to fight the competition and its just happening way to fast for him.

2. Business plan is flawed for fierce competition

3. Needs to get more from employees to subsidiize his "clueless team".

4. And has now been honest and admits, he needs his employees. Forget the "screw job with the pension issue, IAM outsource, Sick policy all the furlogheeing with conitnuously changing the staffing models for only the rank and file. What's a couple of billion he blew of the employees cost savings this past year among buds, huh? Yup, he is honest blue now. Have to give him credit for all this truth.

Let's take our eye off the ball for now and fight this battle together for Dave against the competitor, so when we win that battle for him , Dave can come and beat us up all over again!

Everyone has to agree that it was this management's arogance, thinking that they operated in a vacuum and that competition would not encroach on our markets when U seriously downsized that got us where we are today. The employees, labor unions in particular, tried to communicate to these losers just how bad an idea this was, but in another fit of arogance they chose to just ignore it. I believe that if these "clowns" (I have to apologize to any real circus performers reading this, I don't mean to slight your profession by comparing these incompetent fools to you) showed any signs of a REAL plan that MAYBE employees would get behind them. To date, the ONLY way that Dave and gang can even come close to a plan is to RAPE the employees more, even though it is the laborers who kept this corporation afloat this long.

Latest posts

Back