The Wonderful Web Site

Come on Art...I see you down there....what do want for free now??

Darn...missed him...Must have gone to the horrible wesite again..

Hey Kramden (you are a busdriver after all,)

You are barking at the wrong person. I have done more to support you and your colleagues than you'll ever know so lay off me already. And anyone who knows me knows I am anything BUT a whiner.

If you know ANYTHING about me, I never pay the cheapest fares, and I never advocated cattle class fares bucko--I advocated RATIONAL fares--enough to give the airline good yield and the customer good value. The gouging will no longer be tolerated--$900 LGA-CLT will not fly. But $29 each way won't either. With RATIONAL fares, yields go up not down.

And I would NEVER fly Southwest--I don't do cattle car.

The issue is value for the dollar. Since US is charging legacy fares, I expect at least the same level of service and support offered by the other legacies. I will not pay Nordstrom prices for Walmart service, and neither will most other knowledgeable customers.

So get off your high horse and get with the program. We are NOT the problem here.

I wonder how many millions the disfunctional web site has already cost them...

You may now crawl back into your hole.

----------------------------------------------------------
My comments were adressed to art at isp...

Doesnt southwest serve there...try the cattle car...

This is the outcome of the "Whining n Whimpering" you got the fares you wanted.....Look to your fellow pax for their savings as the culpret of my attitude......

Your no different than me Bucko....What can I get from your company...and "No" im not willing to pay for it....

I want everything for cost...less the employees salary, pension contributions, benefits etc.....

Cant do it?? then im "WHINING"....

Hey Kramden (you are a busdriver after all,)

You are barking at the wrong person. I have done more to support you and your colleagues than you'll ever know so lay off me already. And anyone who knows me knows I am anything BUT a whiner.

If you know ANYTHING about me, I never pay the cheapest fares, and I never advocated cattle class fares bucko--I advocated RATIONAL fares--enough to give the airline good yield and the customer good value. The gouging will no longer be tolerated--$900 LGA-CLT will not fly. But $29 each way won't either. With RATIONAL fares, yields go up not down.

And I would NEVER fly Southwest--I don't do cattle car.

The issue is value for the dollar. Since US is charging legacy fares, I expect at least the same level of service and support offered by the other legacies. I will not pay Nordstrom prices for Walmart service, and neither will most other knowledgeable customers.

So get off your high horse and get with the program. We are NOT the problem here.

I wonder how many millions the disfunctional web site has already cost them...

You may now crawl back into your hole.
--------------------------------------------------------

My hole my friend is the cockpit of your mode of transportation....

And I feel sure, the fellings are the same from others...

Your are a welcome pax... but to expect more than that, well......

Thank Mr. Kahn

Welcome to reality....

Its the fares stupid...not just yours...DUH!!!

Well, at least he got the "bus driver" part right.
------------------------------------------------------

Clue welcome aboard.....To what do we owe your great sayings tonight??

More ramblings against usair I suppose.....

You bore me...

If you have a business model that does not allow your business to compete effectively that is not the Customers fault.

Keep in mind the following:

1- SWA is only the cheapest fare 26% of the time. Myth #1 exploded!

2- SWA has the highest percentage of full fare tickets sold of any domestic airline! Myth #2 exploded

3- SWA's workforce is among the highest paid in aviation. I don't care what was, I deal with what is. Myth #3 that low cost = low wage Exploded

Bottom line is the reason they are profitable 33 of 35 years is NOT because of low fares but because of:

1- A more efficient business model
2- More productive workforce
3- Operationally Sound
4- Communicates and executes it's business plan/model better.
5- Deos a superior job of managing customer expectation.

In short they are better business people. Has NOTHING to do with much else.
---------------------------------------------------------

Acording to their CEO its because of fuel hedging....

Myth No whatever exploded.....

US Airways cannot possibly replicate many of the savings of Southwest as far as efficiency and operations without dropping a couple of hubs, reorganizing the route network, shedding most of the fleet types, discontinuing international (and certainly trans-atlantic) service, going to just one on-board product, etc.

Yes, you can make some comparisons to WN as a barometer, but not with much meaning. You can keep saying "but Southwest pays employees more, this, this, and this..." however they have an operation of one fairly consistent fleet type (not withstanding B737 old vs NG differences) with high utilization at stations (which can all support up to 10 flights a day from date of open). So many costs are eliminated right there.

US Airways cannot possibly replicate many of the savings of Southwest as far as efficiency and operations without dropping a couple of hubs, reorganizing the route network, shedding most of the fleet types, discontinuing international (and certainly trans-atlantic) service, going to just one on-board product, etc.

Yes, you can make some comparisons to WN as a barometer, but not with much meaning. You can keep saying "but Southwest pays employees more, this, this, and this..." however they have an operation of one fairly consistent fleet type (not withstanding B737 old vs NG differences) with high utilization at stations (which can all support up to 10 flights a day from date of open). So many costs are eliminated right there.

We could do that to.... but we would have to stop in gander n keflavik n shannon n ......well it would be like going to the west coast on southwest......

Southwest pays more now...not later....the fuel hadges fall off over the next months....

When you have a level playing field...everyone must pay the piper....

We could do that to.... but we would have to stop in gander n keflavik n shannon n ......well it would be like going to the west coast on southwest......

Southwest pays more now...not later....the fuel hadges fall off over the next months....

You wouldn't be flying over the pond, period.

Part of Southwest's success is that they've traditionally flown routes not as susceptible to traffic fall-offs. If air travel conditions start to go downhill, people are less likely to pay $800 to fly 300 miles to Salisbury, MD, but probably will still fill planes paying $40 to fly Dallas to Houston.

Though Southwest has said themselves that without the fuel hedges they would have posted some losses.

The playing field will NEVER be level as long as SWA uses a point to point business model versus hub and spoke. Every legacy carrier concedes that.

Don't you and the rest of ALPA have to bend over and take another concession so you can blame the ills of aviation on the customers and feel oh so intellectually superior????

For a guy that has the skill set you no less about aviation than the average ramper.

Damn piney...your fast...flood control is slowing me down.

I used to be one of those rampers...used to shlep your bags around...thought id rather be flyin the public...doing my part for the good of the people, whatever...

Get used to it, I did with exerything else in my life...Slow websites, slow service, no answere, etc...

Why do the airline have to be the best for the least for you people....

Come on...do you go on weboards and complain about everything......Get real man....

Was your meal or your heat or your whatever late or cold or whatever.....

Its transportation man....get a life.....

Try yoga or somthing.....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You must have missed the "little" tidbit in WN's last quarterly report - the one that said they'd added to their hedge positions, which now go out to 2012.

I guess that other "little" tidbit escaped your attention - the one where WN has about a 20% cost advantage without the hedges and before factoring in our higher Express costs. So don't hold your breath waiting for a level playing field.

Jim

Latest posts