There Is Life After Usairways !

Jetinsp2

Sep 3, 2002
Just a short note to all involved, to tell you that I resigned from uair in may after 20 years of employment, and went to work as a QA guy at a Bizjet service center. I am happy to report that I am once again looking forward to my future career options, and opportunities. I had a great start at Piedmont :up: but just could not take anymore of the "daily" negative mojo at uair. There are lots of ways to spend your time, and places to make money, and I can tell you that all it takes is a little time, effort, and some resumes, and you too can make a fresh start you'll never regret ! Good luck to all you who remain , I wish you the best, and hope the airline stays afloat long enough for you to retire from it ?

hope the airline stays afloat long enough for you to retire from it ?
[post="166882"][/post]​
[/quote]

This is kind of you because a lot of people who leave would like to see it burn down. You did the right thing and many are envious lacking the courage to make the change. You did it on your own instead of letting outside forces control your life. I don't know you personally but my gut tells me you made the right decision. This once great company is slowly coming apart at the seams and everyone will be facing your reality, except under difficult circumstances.

Good Speed To You

Good luck to you as well. Many of those still lingering here will move on when the final chaper is written. There are other jobs out there that will pay better than this company does, contrary to what some on this board think and say. Most prefer to hang on and get every last cent out of this outfit prior to moving on to another job. Why leave on your own, as this is Just what the company wants the senoir people to do. They want to make it so bad, and the pay so low, that many will give up and move on. Then they can hire all the kids fresh out of High School for $7 an hour. Make it miserable for them, and stay until the bitter end!!!!

yeah but i would miss those monte cristo snacks!!!!!!!

holy cow was it really that long ago?????

BAC-OSAURS forever!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

:shock:

javaboy said:
yeah but i would miss those monte cristo snacks!!!!!!!

holy cow was it really that long ago?????
BAC-OSAURS forever!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

:shock:
[post="166981"][/post]​
Tomorrow I will complete one year at my new job after 22 years at US Airways.Its never to late to change and change can be good.I encourge any mechanic who has had it to send out your resume.Their are jobs out there,but their not going to come looking for you.I continue to hope for the best for everybody at US.Hopefully this will all work out in the end.

I was just wondering how many people reading this board have left the company for other employment, I left when they closed my station, got my 15 weeks severance and collected 4 months of unemployment before finding a new job. I thought about leaving with US or staying with Express, but things have worked out, and I've never looked back.
What about anyone else?

Give in to buy time to find a new job????

The writing has been on the wall for over two years. If most don't have alternate plans and their resumes updated by now too bad for them. If you are not prepared by now you must have had your head in the sand for the past two years.

Everyone has had plenty of time to come up with a "life after US Airways" plan. Time is up! It will be over soon.

I made the move too and am VERY happy! One thing, I did it for me and for a change for myself. The bonus is being on the deck of the rescue ship. I took a 10% paycut but who cares? It's very true, now (well, even before now) is the time to consolidate your money and save a little. I'm still in the business, just a different more stable airline. My best to all, and I'll enjoy all the NYAH NYAH posts between the well known posters!

Easy to forget that everything being gone through now has been dealt with similarly years and years ago. Roosevelt had it right, it's similar to a marriage, no one's spouse (or employer) is responsible for your happiness...

Or to quote Elmer Fishpaw (the real one- character in a movie called "Polyester")

"GET UP FRANCINE YOU BIG OAF!! I WANT SOME BREAKFAST!! TIME FOR YOU TO GET THAT FAT A$$ OF YOURS OUT OF BED!!"

Latest posts