Things Are About To Get Ugly

46Driver said:
I thought the Republican Speaker of the House was from Illinois? If he's not powerful enough to exert influence, then who is?
46driver,

You are very correct, he did speak out to the ATSB. It's just a good thing that the ATSB is finacially savy enought to see that UAL had no business plan. Just because you start a thing like TED and slap a new paint job on the fleet doesn't make it a better UNITED. And, it wasn't a matter of who is in the White House. Bush ruled several times during contract talks at UAL to stop anyone from striking the airline. So why would he care what the ATSB's decision was.

It's sad for all the employees that lost billions already from the last concessions and ESOP. While they sacrificed UAL reap billions in rewards, only to run it into the ground again.

I like you Mr Fish, and I am glad you could find work in this industry and even do it close to home :D You bring out the true culture and personality of UAL people....and it shows.
His immature cheap shots at United are probably born out of envy and jealousy out of being too junior to hang on
Yes, don't you feel just inadequate, less of a person or obviously have no credentials because of a "calender day" ? Oh, I have been here too long, and I have hated this snotty, arogant attitude since the day I got here. I am not here because I try to work hard, or because I tried to become qualified in every aspect of my profession, which of course makes you a "company" man as we all know :rolleyes: , but because of a date in time my life has justification? I watch daily as these rats scramble, bicker and fight for their cheese. There is no rational for what goes on here, no common sense. But as the whore that I am, I show up for the money and some obscure sense of self satisfaction when we actually accomplish something worthwhile on these machines. And as I watch in the morning those a**holes stumble in the flight deck with their WSJ and coffee, as they spill some of it on the instruments of course, and those lovely, frumpy grandmothers shouting at some disorientated passenger to sit down so they can take off, and a whole cabin of people who really don't give a rats ass what they're riding on as long as it was the cheapest they could find...you just walk to the gatehouse shaking your head...."this is f***ing humanity?" And as that hunk of metal and flesh hurtles into the sky, you realize that no one on it has any idea the effort it took to get it there. Good luck to you Mr Fish :up:

Ronin,

I hope all of you truley get something from UAL for all the time you have all put in. My snubs and jabs, are directed to the people that ruined that once great company. If they don't get rid of them it could be the demise of an ICON. I hope not, competition is good. Good luck to you to Ronin, and keep them flying safe.

You forgot to add watching some sadsack mechanic wander out to the aircraft to fix an item we called into maintenance a half hour before, and after repeated calls it finally took a supervisor to get somebody out there. Maybe it's hard to pry you folks off the crapper reading your new copy of SI, or maybe you're just sitting in the breakroom enjoying that fresh baked Krispy Kreme doughnut. Oh, or maybe you are knocking off for lunch at 11:00 am and not coming back for the rest of the day, ala the punch clock fiasco of the late 90s. Don't pat yourself too hard on the back too hard Ronin. When's the last time you looked in the mirror.

737nCH11,

Ronin, is this one of the guys that cost UAL 400 mil in the summer of hell????? I remember that summer, when we helped them with a slow down and we wound up getting a restraining order slapped on us. Some gratitude huh, can see there is still lost of turmoil between work groups, so sad :(

And if you don't think that I grit my teeth everyday about what goes on in my department...you are sadly mistaken. It is partly because of this BS that I am so pissed off everyday. Somehow you have to sort out through this muck of sh*t and make something of it everynight, everyweek, everymonth, everyear!!!

There is perpetual class warfare throughout the industry. ALPA still thinks they have some MOJO....they are wrong, and at USAir it shows :D

I very rarely look at any other boards but I wanted to see what was being said at the U board with the latest CEO statement. There was a pilot arguing with a CSR who was making $13.10/hr about taking concessions!!! For the love of God, you have to be sh*tting me. This guy is over a $90k/yr and is chastising someone makes $13/hr with the old adage....you should have gone to school!!! Those people are absolutely nuts...they should walk and never look back. See what your making now skyraider!!!

mrfish,

IIRC ALPA backed you guys to the hilt. I can't help it if the resistance crumbled after some DEN guys got fired. I never once accepted an aircraft when a line mechanic argued against it, even though I had plenty of red-faced supervisors ranting at me. Spare me your revisionist history.

Yeah, un-real what pilots think of their schooling. These things are so easy to fly now days a monkey can do it. Look at the monkies who jetted into the world trade centers. :shock:

The pilot group at UAL started the ball rolling to the end in the summer of 2000. I mean really $358 bucks an hour to pilot a 777, and they will sit back and say that everyone should sacrifice the same. AMAZING!!!! B)

This is the standard spiel I hear from malcontents like yourself, so there is no point in debating you. Enjoy F9. :up:

737nCH11,

If you'd ask me if I am better off today than a year ago working for UAL? I'd say F9 is a much more employee friendly place to be employed. The money is as good as it was at UAL and I even got a profilt sharing check and a 5k a year raise. Life is good at F9. And, as UAL shrinks it will only get BETTER!!! :up:

mrfish3726 said:
These things are so easy to fly now days a monkey can do it. Look at the monkies who jetted into the world trade centers. :shock:
You must not be a pilot, or you wouldn't even consider making such a comment.

Latest posts