Hey Checking it Out,

I''M Your Huckleberry!

Compare this the-mechanic post to your amfanuts rhetoric:

Received: 05/27/03 16:54:27 EDT
Name: FORMER twu Suporter
E-Mail:​
mailto:
Employer: AA
Ok, I can admit I was wrong about what the TWU has done for my class and craft. I can admit it and even found my most staunch AMFA supporter with whom I have many verbal discussions and persoanlly signed an ELECTION CARD. This has nothing to do with AMFA it has to do with the fact that the TWU just took organized labor backwards 30+ years! It has to do with me being Union and working on Memorial Day instead of being with my family. It has to do with getting paid 1/2 day pay on my first two sick days, it has to do with 17.5% pay loss from my family. It has to do with who the hell told anyone that Aircraft Maintenance Technicians were a dime a dozen? I have always given a fair 8 for 8 but now I have no desire. If you people at AA are stupid enough to support such a sellout, cheap, BS so called Union then don''t ever blame anyone who goes into management. Hell at least they still have all their benefits! Where was your supervisor yesterday????? Thanks TM.....

Like I said,

I''M Your Huckleberry!

----------------
On 5/27/2003 8:34:04 PM Checking it Out wrote:

IF YOU SIGN A CARD YOU ARE REQUESTING AMFA TO REPRESENT YOU! DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE HALFTRUTHS!

----------------​
Half truths such as this.
All the card will do is trigger a vote, unless the TWU states that they are not interested in representing the M&R. If they collect enough cards there will be a vote, you will be allowed to choose between Unions. If there was an election pending do you think that the TWU would have imposed the most concessionary contract in the history of aviation upon us?

Competition and democracy are good things.

blockquote>----------------
On 5/27/2003 8:26:03 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Do you also know amfa has at least one airline in which members are not required to pay dues!While some of the others are being charged special dues! ----------------</blockquote>

I am a TWU non-member and do not pay dues and I am on Agency Fee status.

This is what you can expect if you sign a card

No Representation!

No Jobs at Heavy Maintenance Overhaul Facilities!

Buck is paying dues, He is Trying to mislead you in to believing other wise!

Have a Great UNION DAY!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------
On 5/28/2003 5:15:03 AM Checking it Out wrote:

No Representation!

No Jobs at Heavy Maintenance Overhaul Facilities!

Buck is paying dues, He is Trying to mislead you in to believing other wise!

Have a Great UNION DAY!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------​
No he is not!!!!

This is what you can expect if you sign a card!

AMFA IS DEFENSELESS AT

NORTHWEST AIRLINES
An additional 800-1000 of AMFA’s dwindling membership is expected to be furloughed, but that number can grow as their work gets increasingly sent out of the country. Northwest being released from wage commitments can be devastating for the few AMFA members who remain employed. And all AMFA does is have a single local issue a press release, while the AMFA National Officers are nowhere to be found.
This is all occurring outside of bankruptcy, without the threat of contract abrogation, and without a membership vote.
In contrast, IAM District 143 President Bobby DePace issued membership bulletin on May 2, 2003 stating the Northwest Airlines has notified the district there will be an increase of 400 IAM member jobs across the system by June 6, 2003.
After 9/11 American laid off TWU Members, Thanks to the TWU members were brought back! Amfa has yet to bring any Members back at NWA.
The difference in representation is clear.

AMFA Press Release, May 6, 2003 - In a letter to AMFA Officials, Northwest said that because of SARS it is invoking The "force majeure" clause that would release Northwest from contract commitments affecting wages and job security. We're disappointed that Northwest would risk reducing the public's confidence in flying by overstating the SARS threat in order to avoid contract obligations,â€￾ said AMFA Local 33 President Jim Atkinson.

amfa has set another standard in the meaning of "force majeure"

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------
On 5/28/2003 7:24:16 PM Checking it Out wrote:

AMFA Press Release, May 6, 2003 - In a letter to AMFA Officials, Northwest said that because of SARS it is invoking The "force majeure" clause that would release Northwest from contract commitments affecting wages and job security. We're disappointed that Northwest would risk reducing the public's confidence in flying by overstating the SARS threat in order to avoid contract obligations,â€￾ said AMFA Local 33 President Jim Atkinson.

amfa has set another standard in the meaning of "force majeure"

----------------​
Once again, Checking it Out claims the "union" is responsible for management actions:

Northwest said that because of SARS it is invoking The "force majeure"

Using Checking it Out's logic, the TWU has set a new industry standard in Executive Retention Bonuses!

It is only the TWU faithful that cannot tell the difference between union and mangement, and they are now wearing T-Shirts with the slogan:

TWU - AAmericans Real Strength

----------------
On 5/28/2003 7:24:16 PM Checking it Out wrote:

After 9/11 American laid off TWU Members, Thanks to the TWU members were brought back! Amfa has yet to bring any Members back at NWA.
----------------​
Oh please tell us how many of these fortunate members are currently employed?

Now run off to the moderator and tell them I posted the name "Mullings" in one of my post!

http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/06_News&Information/NWA/NWAltr2mbrs5703.pdf

----------------
On 5/28/2003 7:47:33 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Tell us dave, Has anyone been brought back from these additional layoffs at NW? It looks to be permanent to me!

The T-Shirts look great! Their is a steady stream of TWU Brothers and Sisters going to the hall to pick them up! Have you gone down to get yours! It sounds like you are a little disappointed you have not received yours to wear?

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------​
On the layoffs:
[url="http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/06_News&Information/NWA/NWAltr2mbrs5703.pdf"]http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/06_News&Info...tr2mbrs5703.pdf[/URL]

On the T-shirts:

I would not wear a TWU T-Shirt for any reason.

And especially not one than claims to be:

"AAmericans Real Strength"

What kind of union are you promoting anyway?

One thing is for sure. AMFA drives get members new T-Shirts!

Tell us dave, Has anyone been brought back from these additional layoffs at NW? It looks to be permanent to me!

The T-Shirts look great! Their is a steady stream of TWU Brothers and Sisters going to the hall to pick them up! Have you gone down to get yours! It sounds like you are a little disappointed you have not received yours to wear?

TWU SOLIDARITY!

TWU Represented Work Outsourced!

American Airlines to outsource weather forecasts to Calif. company
By Trebor Banstetter
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

FORT WORTH - In its latest cost-cutting move, American Airlines will contract out meteorological services to a San Francisco firm late this summer.
Weathernews Americas said it is building an aviation services center in Norman, Okla., to provide advanced weather services to American and its regional affiliate, American Eagle.
Major airlines typically rely on their own meteorologists to monitor weather patterns around hub airports.
Last year, American relocated its 20-person weather forecasting unit to Norman from Fort Worth to save money. Some of American's meteorologists have been hired by Weathernews, according to that firm's officials.
Russell Chew, American's managing director of System Operations Control, said in a prepared statement that the deal will allow the airline to increase its operating efficiency while maintaining its weather forecasting services.
American has lost $6.2 billion during the past 27 months as it struggles with a steep downturn in business travel and fierce competition from discount airlines such as Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways.

AMFA Promise: $25.00 Dues cap for Northwest Airlines employees
AMFA Fact: Dues twice hourly rate, plus assessments, no cap

AMFA Promise:
Farm-out protection
AMFA Fact:
Gave Northwest the right to farm-out AMFA work

AMFA Promise:
No layoffs
AMFA Fact:
4,500 AMFA members out of work so far

AMFA Promise:
More democracy
AMFA Fact:
AMFA declares constitutional referendum void

AMFA Promise:
Improved seniority rights
AMFA Fact:
Bidding system destroyed, saves NWA $300 million
AMFA organizers will make any promises they have to in order to gain your support. But just like a used car dealer trying to sell you a lemon, those promises are meaningless as soon as you make the deal.

Don’t Believe The Promises – Learn The Facts

TWU SOLIDARITY!

Just a note rv4 please correct your post about the shirts. Another halftruth as usual! I,m surprised you have note done this design yourself since you and amfas have done more damage than the TWU could ever in todays arena!

----------------
On 5/29/2003 5:21:08 AM Checking it Out wrote:

This is what you&nbsp;can expect&nbsp;if you sign a card

AMFA Promise: $25.00 Dues cap for Northwest Airlines employees
AMFA Fact: Dues twice hourly rate, plus assessments, no cap

AMFA Promise:
Farm-out protection
AMFA Fact:
Gave Northwest the right to farm-out AMFA work

AMFA Promise:
No layoffs
AMFA Fact:
4,500 AMFA members out of work so far

AMFA Promise:
More democracy
AMFA Fact:
AMFA declares constitutional referendum void

AMFA Promise:
Improved seniority rights
AMFA Fact:
Bidding system destroyed, saves NWA $300 million
AMFA organizers will make any promises they have to in order to gain your support. But just like a used car dealer trying to sell you a lemon, those promises are meaningless as soon as you make the deal.

Don’t Believe The Promises – Learn The Facts

TWU SOLIDARITY!

Just a note rv4&nbsp; please correct your post about the shirts. Another halftruth as usual! I,m surprised you have note done this design yourself since&nbsp;you and amfas have done more damage than the TWU could ever in todays arena!&nbsp;

----------------​
Last I-former stated NWA was down to 7,666 mechanics, so which is it you lying ####. Hard to keep your lies straight? CIO you suck and so does the TWU.

----------------
On 5/29/2003 5:21:08 AM Checking it Out wrote:

Just a note rv4 please correct your post about the shirts. Another halftruth as usual! I,m surprised you have note done this design yourself since you and amfas have done more damage than the TWU could ever in todays arena!

----------------

You should have learned by now that your thought police mentality no longer works on me, nor many other of your former supporters.

TWU - DAMAGE?

Loss 17.5% Base Pay
Loss 5 Paid Holidays
Loss 5 Paid Vacation Days
Loss Shift Differential Pay
Loss Longevity Pay
Loss Weekend Premium Pay
Loss Skill/License Pay
Loss Job Secutriy Protection
Loss 2.5 Pay for Holiday Worked
Layoff of Skilled Workers out-of-seniorty
6 PlusYear Licensed Mechanic making less that $17 per hour

I would submit that this hard to top in arena damage.

TWU = AAmerican's Real Strength​