This is what you can expect if you sign a card

I have recieved in my e-mail account a copy of an Award that is designated for presentation to TWU Local 514 President Randy McDonald. I have no idea what the presentation date will be nor the venue at which time he will receive the honor. It appears to be dated 4/15/03 which means he may have already recieved the award.

It is my understanding, that along with the certificate, is a very nice wooden plaque that has a Golden and Polished 3/4 Inch Reamer attached to a nice piece of hardwood.

Congratulations Randy, for being the First Recipient of this award. I just hope your replacement doesn't also earn such honors!

reamer.jpg

For those who wish to have a full size printable copy of Randy's achievement, here is a link for you to use:

[url="http://www.air-mechanic.com/pdf/reamer.pdf"]http://www.air-mechanic.com/pdf/reamer.pdf[/URL]

----------------
On 6/4/2003 7:09:36 AM 1AA wrote:

CIO, do you ever post any of your own opinions, views, thoughts on this forum? You seem to copy other posts, statements and the negatives of other organizations and groups. How about posting some facts about the great TWU that you so much support. We are all waiting to hear from you. Please the truth and facts, not jiberish.
Tell us how you really feel.....
Good luck....

----------------​
1AA,

Are you kidding man? Those TWU sheep that have never been outside the 46 Mile Tulsa radius require instructions on who to vote for in political elections, how to vote on contracts, when to call their congressman, how to fill out a grievance, they will not support their local sports teams without a TWU discount ticket, they think union t-shirts are free shirts not two hour pay per month shirts, and yes...

They even rely on others to form an opinion about a change of unions. They are so focused on others opinions about AMFA at NWA they dont even know they just took the biggest and benefit cut in avaition history.

Thinking for themselves is NOT an option!

THE AMFA MONEY PIT
When AMFA broke its promise to cap the dues of Northwest Airlines’ Technicians, Cleaners and Custodians at $25.00 a month, it was only the beginning of the memberships’ support of the AMFA National’s unelected, for-profit partnership with attorneys and financial advisors.

Unlike in the TWU, AMFA locals are forced to shoulder the cost of negotiations. Consequently, many are still paying for the last round of bargaining at Northwest and Alaska Airlines. Additionally, the AMFA National is hiring firms to assist in their current concessionary negotiations with Northwest Airlines. This cost will also be passed on to all members of AMFA local lodges, not just those from Northwest Airlines.

Furthermore, under their Constitution, while AMFA is in negotiations each AMFA local can assess their members an additional 50% of their base pay without a vote of the membership. AMFA dues are nothing but a retainer. Any actual service from AMFA or their partners comes at an additional price.

AMFA - Membership Pays!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

This is what you can expect if you sign a Card!

THE AMFA MONEY PIT
When AMFA broke its promise to cap the dues of Northwest Airlines’ Technicians, Cleaners and Custodians at $25.00 a month, it was only the beginning of the memberships’ support of the AMFA National’s unelected, for-profit partnership with attorneys and financial advisors.

Unlike in the TWU, AMFA locals are forced to shoulder the cost of negotiations. Consequently, many are still paying for the last round of bargaining at Northwest and Alaska Airlines. Additionally, the AMFA National is hiring firms to assist in their current concessionary negotiations with Northwest Airlines. This cost will also be passed on to all members of AMFA local lodges, not just those from Northwest Airlines.

Furthermore, under their Constitution, while AMFA is in negotiations each AMFA local can assess their members an additional 50% of their base pay without a vote of the membership. AMFA dues are nothing but a retainer. Any actual service from AMFA or their partners comes at an additional price.

AMFA - Membership Pays!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

A money pit would be $10 Million in the bank and failing to represent the members interest at the bargaining table while throwing Big Splash, Labor-fest, Christmas Diiners and Discount Sport Tickets and the whole time claiming to be a non-profit union.

Every member I talk to has a problem with Local 514 and the cash cow for profit it has become, while members suffer concession after concession and/or complete job loss.

Last fall, the IAM reached an agreement that would have avoided a United Airlines bankruptcy while limiting the members’ sacrifice to a 6-7 percent pay reduction, no maintenance base closings and an increase in retirement benefits. District 141-M said the agreement was necessary to avoid bankruptcy and even more painful concessions.
However, the same AMFA organizers who are now seeking to represent you began a campaign that sent United Airlines into bankruptcy and provided the company with the means to force deeper cuts on employees in all classifications.

· "I’m not voting for it", said Denver Mechanic Gerry Kelly in the November 26, 2002 Denver Post.

· "A lot of people would rather see them actually file Chapter 11 than to give a pay cut," said United Mechanic and AMFA organizer Dennis Sanderson in the November 29, 2002 USA Today.

· "I can finally say I am proud of the outcome of (the) UAL mechanics vote," said an Indianapolis mechanic who would only identify himself as Sean in the November 30, 2002 Indianapolis Star.

· "There’s plenty of technical jobs around. The mechanics aren’t afraid of losing our jobs," said Dulles Mechanic Kevin Harte in the December 5, 2002 Washington Post.

AMFA forced all United employees to take their chances in bankruptcy court, causing 75,000 families to deal with a level of sacrifice that could have been avoided.

You Are Already Paying For AMFA’s Mistakes!

AMFA’s Ignorance is Costing You Money!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

Yeah,

Compare those statements to our own Local President Randy McDonald being interviewed on telesvion. The best answer he came with is..

"YOU''RE DANGED IF IT YOU, AND DANGED IF YOU DON''T"

Now that is leadership for those AA employees.

Fact is, the entire membership was embarrassed by the ignorance of their own Local President and his media presentations.

----------------
On 6/6/2003 5:17:51 AM Checking it Out wrote:

Last fall, the IAM reached an agreement that would have avoided a United Airlines bankruptcy while limiting the members’ sacrifice to a 6-7 percent pay reduction, no maintenance base closings and an increase in retirement benefits. District 141-M said the agreement was necessary to avoid bankruptcy and even more painful concessions.

Like at USAIR?

However, the same AMFA organizers who are now seeking to represent you began a campaign that sent United Airlines into bankruptcy and provided the company with the means to force deeper cuts on employees in all classifications.

· "I’m not voting for it", said Denver Mechanic Gerry Kelly in the November 26, 2002 Denver Post.

· "A lot of people would rather see them actually file Chapter 11 than to give a pay cut," said United Mechanic and AMFA organizer Dennis Sanderson in the November 29, 2002 USA Today.

· "I can finally say I am proud of the outcome of (the) UAL mechanics vote," said an Indianapolis mechanic who would only identify himself as Sean in the November 30, 2002 Indianapolis Star.

· "There’s plenty of technical jobs around. The mechanics aren’t afraid of losing our jobs," said Dulles Mechanic Kevin Harte in the December 5, 2002 Washington Post.

AMFA forced all United employees to take their chances in bankruptcy court, causing 75,000 families to deal with a level of sacrifice that could have been avoided.

I was unaware that AMFA represented UALs mechanics.

You Are Already Paying For AMFA’s Mistakes!

You mean like when they raised pay for mechanics to over $35/hr?

AMFA’s Ignorance is Costing You Money!

Do you mean that somehow AMFA is responsible for our contract concesions also?

TWUSOLIDARITY! The hell with everybody else is what you really mean!

----------------​

----------------
On 6/5/2003 5:22:56 AM RV4 wrote:

A money pit would be $10 Million in the bank and failing to represent the members interest at the bargaining table while throwing Big Splash, Labor-fest, Christmas Diiners and Discount Sport Tickets and the whole time claiming to be a non-profit union.

Every member I talk to has a problem with Local 514 and the cash cow for profit it has become, while members suffer concession after concession and/or complete job loss.

----------------​

You are correct, there should be a moratorium on dues, the 10 million should be used to pay for the payments to the Int''l.

When we get down to one or two arbitration''s worth, then the bank account is about right.

Does the fact that those funds belong to the TWU and would probably not be transferred to Local 12 have something to do with your latest financial interests, or are you looking for new outrages of the day?

I think that you can find a judge to rule otherwise or at least make the TWU waste the money on lawsuits.

RV4 you should contact the appropiate Federal and State Agencies and demand a full and thourough investigation of the finances of Local514. It is an outrage that there should be so much money in the account. There must be some miss-management that can be brought against Local 514 officers.

WFR.jpg

Checking it Out,

Prove to us that Flight Attendants are represented by AMFA?

Or is this another one of the long list of TWU lies about AMFA?

Fearful liars will never succeed!

I will say this though, given a choice between being in a union combined Flight Attendants versus Bus Drivers and Bag Smashers, I will without question join with the Flight Attendants!

Screen Capture of AMFA Constitution Article 1 Section 3

CIO;
Are you attacking Flight Attendants now?

Of all the major carriers which Flight Attendants are the lowest paid? Who represents them? What condition is their airline in?

Its odd dont you think that SWA Flight Attendants, represented by the TWU are paid less than AA Flight Attendants (thats what they told me, I did not see actual figures) but AA mechanics,represented by the TWU are paid less than SWA mechanics?

So while I will admit that I do not have all the actual figures it appears that;

AA(APA) pilots make more than SWA(ALPA?).
AA(APFA) Flight Attendants make more than SWA(TWU).
AA(TWU) baggage handlers make more than SWA(IBT?).
AA (TWU) mechanics make LESS than SWA(IBT at the time, since replaced by AMFA).

Why if all the other AA workgroups make more than their counterparts at SWA should mechanics be the only group that makes less? Much less!

If we use the comparasion above it looks as though if you are a flight attendant or mechanic you will be put at an economic disadvantage if you are a TWU member, regardless of what carrier you work for or the financial condition of that carrier. In all three of the cases where and Independant union can be compared to an affiliated union workers represented by Independant Unions (APA,APFA,AMFA) make more than those in affiliated unions (even though one of those agreements was negotiated by the IBT, but even with a better contract than ours they chose to boot out the IBT). Apparently representation has more of an effect on pay than the financial condition of the carrier.

Amfa’s True feelings about other skilled workers

Read what AMFA thinks about the other employees and how they would defend your job and future:

A letter from National Director Delle-Femine April 28, 1994

“ Our task, our mission is to separate from the cleaners/janitors. That’s our goal, and through your support and help we will win.â€
The Mechanic June 5, 1994 –

“AMFA makes no secret that it is only interested in representing skilled mechanics.â€

1994 AMFA bulletin signed by the national Director O.V. Delle-Femine -

“The cleaners/Janitors will be separated from OUR class and craft once we are in the class and craft separation hearingâ€

April 4, 1994 “The Mechanic†flyer –

“Mechanics and Inspectors wages historically have been sacrificed by the IAM in order to provide an artificially high scale for the unskilled workers who dominate the catch all union.

AMFA memo April 7, 1994 –

“The mechanics at UAL are being forced to make concessions for the unskilled class of cleaners and baggage handlers… AMFA is now currently accepting contributions for the mechanics/cleaners.â€

AMFA’s attorney Lee Seham stated in an August 11, 1994 letter to the National Mediation Board arguing that AMFA should not have to represent United Airlines’ Cleaners because,

“The professional lives and collective bargaining aspirations of skilled craftsmen cannot be dictated by individuals who preponderantly wipe tray tables, dispose of trash, or clean the exterior of an aircraft with a mop. Forcing this unnatural alliance guarantees instability

Cleaners/Janitors Employees are treated as second-class citizens at every AMFA airline. At NWA, AMFA allows the mechanics to perform utility work and has refused to accept grievances on the cleaner’s behalf. Demand the truth don’t just take their word for it.
Cleaners and Utility personnel are nothing to AMFA but an unwanted distraction. AMFA’s history with Cleaners and Utility workers shows how expendable they think you are:

Mesaba Airlines

Mesaba Airlines employed their own aircraft cleaners while they were unrepresented. But within weeks of voting for AMFA ‘representation’, the cleaner’s jobs were eliminated and farmed out.
Atlantic Coast Airlines

AMFA’s Atlantic Coast agreement does not even mention a Cleaner or Utility classification, even though they are part of the Mechanic and Related class and craft.
Northwest Airlines

AMFA National Director removed the only Cleaner from the Northwest Airlines negotiating committee after she complained about what was being negotiated for the Cleaner classification. The Cleaner Representative, Kathy Lulek, was forced to obtain a Temporary Restraining Order to remain on the negotiating committee.

Amfa has run on a platform for years that it wanted to only Represent Mechanics! But yet they are out organizing others! How can anyone support an organization that makes a career out of Lying!

Look who they are working with:

A Few Divisions of the Seham and McCormick Corporation
Technicians and Cleaners: Aircraft Mechanic Fraternal Association (AMFA)
Address:
67 Water Street (McCormick Corporate Headquarters)
Suite 208 A –
Laconia, NH 03246
www.amfanatl.org/Pages/12_Contacts/Contacts2.html

Pilots: The American Independent Cockpit Alliance (AICA)
Address:

Suite 208
Laconia, NH 03246
[url="http://www.aicapilot.org/AICA_Membership.htm"]http://www.aicapilot.org/AICA_Membership.htm[/URL]
Flight Attendants: the Professional flight Attendants Association (PFAA)
Address:

Suite 209
Laconia, NH 03246
www.pfaa.com/getinvolved/donations/bymail.asp
Fleet Service: Allied Ground Workers (AGW)
Law Firm:

Seham, Seham, Meltz and Peterson (AMFA’s law firm)
[url="http://www.the-agw.org"]http://www.the-agw.org[/URL]

You be the judge! AMFA is out for the Money and is willing to do anything to make you believe you should sign a card!
An Informed Member is an Educated Member! Get the Facts!

compliments of www.the-mechanic.net

Bob Owens/ amfa are the ones who are trying to make out that a Line mechanic is superior and all others are second class.

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------
On 7/8/2003 6:43:46 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Bob Owens/ amfa are the ones who are trying to make out that a Line mechanic is superior and all others are second class.

Apparently we are all second class citizens, since we dont have the right to vote!

You never did answer why all the other groups at SWA make less than at AA except for mechanics.

The sad part about all this McCormik/Seham bashing is that you are going after them for trying to do what the IAM,TWU, IBT and CWA should have done years ago. They are doing what the SEIU says should be done, what Sonny Hall even admits should be done. What is the advantage to having workers who do the same job at the same airport belonging to different unions that are not focused on their profession, whether its a mechanic, a flight attendant, a baggage handler or a stock clerk.? The only reason why it is not being done by the incumbant unions is narrow minded greed. Suck ups that are afraid that if the unions consolidate that there may not be a spot for them. They would rather see the entire industry continue to decline than to give up their scam and go back to work. All I can say is I hope that all these organizations get enough cards for votes at every airline, only then will the appointed and unaccountable be forced to earn their keep by the people who pay them. Maybe then those at the top will try to do what should have been done 20 years ago, if its not too late.

Go ahead and keep going after the McCormick/Seham group. The problem that you have is how do you argue against the basic principles of unionism? How does the current structure, where workers that do the same job at essentailly the same location are divied up between the IAM,IBT,TWU and CWA? Give us one good reason why airline workers should want to stay in unions that keep them seperated from other workers that do the same job? How did the loose affiliation between these unions benifit airline workers at UAL,USAIR or AA over the last year? All of these workers gave massive long term concessions without even one picket line against it. The only picket line they could muster up was one that begged the government for a corporate handout while at the very same time these same companies were raping the workers.

Back