This is what you can expect if you sign a card

----------------
On 7/16/2003 8:29:33 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------
On 7/15/2003 9:15:55 AM AAmech wrote:

Sure lets give mechanics in the "High Cost" areas more money. As long as Mechanics in "Hardship" areas like TUL also receive a premium!

----------------

I have no problem with that, as long as you guys are willing to push for more, unfortunately you guys are always willing to settle for less. And you take the position that if its good enough for you, its good enough for us. Well its not.

Look if you guys want to make a NY based wage, thats fine by me, the problem is you guys force us in NY to live on a Tulsa based wage and get insulted when we try to push for more for us. Well we need more, if you guys are willing to settle for less then why do you object to us trying to get a livable wage for us?

----------------​
Bob I want to make a NY based wage! How can this be acheived with TUL always willing to take concessions?

Thats a dilemma we face regardless of who represents us.

The solution lies in having people with a few working synapses taking over and leading with honesty and common sense. You cant tell me that out of 6000 people Randy is the best that can be found. I'd rather see Dennis, at least he had a lot more on the ball. Randy is wacked, especially with his trying to take away MRT as a swap for half pay Holidays. My first impression of Randy was that he was retarded. His stupid, unbelievably selfish move to eliminate the paltry premium that our guys, who lose years off their lives working nights in the worst of conditions, only confirms it. He is obviously being manipulated by others.

When Local 514 correspondence sent out, i.e. Bulliten Board, nine out of ten times it is from John McDonald the Vice president. Randy embarassed us enough when he was on TV.

"Your Dang if Ya Do and Ya Dang if Ya Don''t"

----------------
On 7/15/2003 10:53:40 AM Buck wrote:

----------------
On 7/15/2003 9:15:55 AM AAmech wrote:

Sure lets give mechanics in the "High Cost" areas more money. As long as Mechanics in "Hardship" areas like TUL also receive a premium!

----------------​
TUL a "Hardship" area? Could you explain what is hard about surviving in TUL?

( I am employed in TUL )

----------------​
TUL is a miserable has-been PIT of a city. If you''ve ever lived anywhere else you''d know what I mean!! I WANT MY HARDSHIP PREMIUM!!!

My NY based family gets quite a kick when I tell them stories of guys crying about $35.00 an hour!

Your opinion of Tulsa as a place to live is immaterial.
The fact is that the cost of living makes it easier to exist economically when compared to places like NYC and LAX etc...

When I was forced to take the TWU concession, it was not easy to change my economic lifestyle, however I can only imagine what it must have been like in true high cost areas.

If ya don''t like it here leave or quit!

----------------
On 7/18/2003 8:25:33 AM AAmech wrote:

My NY based family gets quite a kick when I tell them stories of guys crying about $35.00 an hour!

----------------​
Who is making $35/hour?

----------------
On 7/18/2003 4:49:41 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------
On 7/18/2003 8:25:33 AM AAmech wrote:

----------------​
Who is making $35/hour?

----------------​
THE AMFA REPRESENTED NORTHWEST AIRLINE MECHANIC THAT''s WHO!

CIO,

Your post are nothing more than copy and paste from the amfanuts, watchdog, iam-amt, sites and based on the 64% to 36% victory by AMFA at United, a logical person would conlcude that the negative campaign dog doesn't hunt. But of course, since the TWU has nothing positive to sell the members, and instead you have to deal with the "concessions for jobs" program then you are obviously left with no choice.

Pretty pathetic actually, but hey, have at it...LOSERS.

Industry Leading Dues at some and No dues at others!
WITHOUT A VOTE OF THE MEMBERS!
In 1998, AMFA National Director, O. V. Delle-Femine promised prospective members that they would have their dues capped at $25 per month. Additionally, a copy of AMFA’s 1998 government required LM-3 report showed a $25.00 dues rate. Also note in a concessionary agreement dues will also be reduced. At NWA amfa representative in court testified they gave up 300,000,000 million in concessions this also would triger a reduced cost in dues. again this did not happen.

After AMFA won their raid at Northwest Airlines, however, the dues rate was increased to 2 times the base hourly rate, WITHOUT A VOTE OF THE MEMBERS!

The AMFA members of Seattle Local 14 pays one of the highest percentage of dues in the airline industry, due to special dues assessments. AMFA simply couldn’t afford the NWA negotiations – a cost estimated to be $2.1 million. Each local, no matter their size, was required to pay these expenses. With no International support, this money had to came directly from members’ wallets.

AMFA National attempted to cover these costs by passing assessments of between $5.00 and $10.00 to their memberships dues, but most locals rejected it. AMFA had to find a way to cover these costs, so they changed their constitution to allow each local to increase the members’ dues by 50% during contract negotiations, WITHOUT A VOTE OF THE MEMBERS!
Under AMFA’s constitution (Article VI section 3) when you pay $67.04 per month, AMFA can add another 50% of your base hourly rate to your dues. To make matters worse Article XII Section 5 allows this increase to be added WITHOUT A VOTE OF THE MEMBERS!
Do you also know at ATA many of the members do not even pay dues! And at Horizon amfa tried to assess additional dues from the members and the TWU had to represent the AMT’s to stop the injustice!
Democracy or Dictatorship? – You Decide!

Compliments of Concern Technicians at www.the-mechanic.net

/HOME/ /AMFA HISTORY/ /Who Runs AMFA/ /OUTSOURCING/ /Lack of Dignity / /Bargaining/ /Representation/ /McCormick Group/ /Dues/ /Finances/ /Facts/ /Contact/ /Links/ /Constitution/ /Cleaners/ /Politics/ /TWU/ /TTD/ /AFL-CIO/

If you do not Have a Job, it does not matter how much someone makes! Look at amfa finances after 40 years of existance! Who is spending the money and giving nothing back to the Members!

TWU Solidarity!

Talk about mis-information and hiding facts!

I notice Local 514 already deleted the archived e-mail I posted earlier where Jim Little admitted over 3000 members did not get to vote on the contract!

And don't think we didn't save our own archives of this data.

Yesterday you could read the truth...

This is all you get from their site today:

Entry Not Available
The Archived message you're trying to find isn't there.
You might want to e-mail the list owner at: [email protected] with your problem
Go back to TWU 514
L I A R S, and I N F O R M A T I O N deletion.

I think that speaks wonders about the TWU and their industrial union ways.

ROFLMAO

Here is the post that triggered the deletion of information from the Local 514 e-mail Archives:

A question from many members to Jim Little 4-24-03
A question from many members to Jim Little 4-24-03

Q: I would like to know how come only now it is important to point out that 3000 or so members did not have a chance to vote and you people didn't bring this up earlier? Why is it so important to have a revote when nothing has really changed?
Did you know that backrupcy courts allow companies to give upper management retention bonuses? check it out! after this does not pass, we will have less and management will have more. I find it hard to believe that you are looking out for my interest any more then the company.

A: Your E-mail was forwarded to my office and since I have received a number of similar E-mails I thought you would like a response: The reason we only know recently that approximately 3000 member did not receive pin numbers was information compared to the AAA data base. I still have not received the breakdown of votes by station from AAA.

I can assure you that we are well aware of management compensation in bankruptcy. we only have to look at United and Mr. Tilton. I stated that in the last paragraph of my letter that bankruptcy should be avoided. However, we cannot sign an agreement that was perjured. The Company blatantly lied to every employee, and therefore a revote is in order. The whole world is watching and the credibility of our membership and labor is important. Since the APFA is re-voting what choice do we have? This about dignity and respect. The Company squeezed us in the end, and never gave us the opportunity to discuss duration, equity and then slammed us with the 1/2 sick days. Then on April first came out with the management concessions that in no way resembled shared equity. If that was not enough, after ratification we now find out about the bonuses. I ask you can we trust them. We are all fighting to keep our company and the membership out of bankruptcy. I wonder if AA's plan is not to strip our agreements and file for bankruptcy anyway. If that is the case we are better going in with the 2001 agreement. I have struggled with this question. Despite all of our efforts the company just slapped our members in the face AGAIN. I believe it is right to give our membership a chance to revote this agreement as a number of lives will be impacted no matter which way this goes.
Sincerely and fraternally,
Jim
James C. Little
Director Air Transport Division.

TWU -
The history of INDUSTRY LEADING CONCESSIONS

Tulsa Mechanics, AA Dispute Hires
By Melanie Busch
Section: BUSINESS
Edition: FINAL HOME EDITION
Page: E1
Estimated Printed Pages: 2

Index Terms:

AVIATION
Article Text:
The hiring of lesser skilled maintenance personnel at American Airlines' maintenance and engineering base in Tulsa has prompted the Transport Workers Union to file a contract grievance with the Fort Worth-based carrier.
The union disagrees with the company's hiring of shop repair personnel instead of licensed mechanics in some of the base's 35 shops where workers repair American's fleet at Tulsa International Airport.
Though the union agreed to "reclassification" in some shops during contract negotiations last year, it did not agree to the hiring of the lesser skilled workers in some of the shops where they are now being hired, said Marion Finley, president of the TWU Local 514, which represents about 5,400 American mechanics in Tulsa.
"It's just an interpretation problem," he said.
An outside arbitrator, William Eaton, will hold a hearing Sept. 10-11. His decision is final and binding.
American has been hiring repair personnel, some holding mechanic's licenses, in jobs that are easier to learn, that are not as closely supervised and that are repetitive, American spokesman John Hotard said.
"They've reached a point where American thinks these new hires could be used in shops where the TWU believes you should still use (licensed) mechanics in those positions," he said. "The issue is not ... who do we hire to fill that job, but how many jobs fall under the category of a shop repair person or a (licensed) mechanic."
Line mechanics now start at $13.40 an hour, while repair personnel start at $9 an hour.
Finley downplayed the dispute, saying the union has filed several grievances with American since the contract was approved in November. However, the current grievance is the first to directly impact Tulsa maintenance workers, he said.
Under the current contract, amendable in the year 2000, American reclassified some TWU positions, separating lesser skilled positions from highly skilled positions. The airline is allowed to pay less for the positions requiring less skill.
The old contract grouped a wide range of jobs into a job classification with one pay scale, whereas the new one created lower pay classifications for lower skill tasks.
Hotard said the reclassification was "the thrust of the new contract. We could hire certain jobs out where you wouldn't have to have your (airplane mechanic's) license."
The company has hired fewer than 100 shop repair personnel with whom the union disagrees with, Finley said. The union accepts another 600 repair personnel hired since November, he said.
The union decided to file the grievance because it believes American will hire many more repair personnel.
"It takes away jobs from mechanics," Finley said. "But there haven't been any mechanics laid off because of this."
Though the contract gives American the right to hire some shop repair personnel, it also guarantees current TWU members the same job and pay scale they now have.
American has contracts with three labor groups, including pilots and flight attendants.
Last fall, American announced it would hire 1,050 workers, mostly mechanics, at the Tulsa base through 1997, and recall another 529 furloughed mechanics.
Record Number: TUL582498

October 17, 1996

Earnings Fly High At AMR

By Bloomberg Service
Article Text:
FORT WORTH, Texas -- AMR Corp. said earnings increased a better-than-expected 21 percent in the third quarter, as rising costs for jet fuel were partially offset by higher fares and stronger demand for air travel.
The parent of American Airlines had net income of $282 million, or $3.06 a share, up from year-earlier profit from operations of $233 million, or $3.01. Shares outstanding increased 19 percent.
Wall Street expected Fort Worth-based AMR to earn $3.01, based on the average estimate of 13 analysts surveyed by IBES International Inc.
Revenue rose 2.6 percent to $4.56 billion from $4.45 billion.
In the year-ago period, a charge of $4 million, or 5 cents, made net $229 million, or $2.96.
AMR shares fell 11/8 Wednesday, closing at 817/8.
Costs at the airline are still higher than the company would like, said Robert Crandall, AMR chairman and chief executive. Strong demand, higher fares and expansion of non-airline businesses helped offset a surge in fuel prices, he said.
A jump in oil prices sent the cost of jet fuel up 19 percent from the year-ago period. Crude oil is trading at about $25 a barrel, up from about $17 a year ago.
"Fuel prices obviously hurt somewhat and we're not looking at any decreases soon," said Vivian Lee, an analyst at BT Securities in New York.
American's load factor, the percentage of seats filled, rose to 71.1 percent from 68.9. Passenger revenue yield, the amount each passenger pays to fly one mile, rose to 12.71 cents from 12.45 cents.
After the summer travel season, however, revenue passenger miles slipped 4.2 percent in September from the year-ago month and the load factor was steady at 65 percent.
Profit at AMR's airline group rose 44 percent to $371 million as revenue rose 2.1 percent to $4.17 billion.
The SABRE Group, AMR's technology unit that was partially spun off to investors earlier this month, had profit of $74 million, down 32 percent. Revenue rose 3.8 percent to $408 million.
At the management services group, profit rose 19 percent to $19 million and revenue gained 9 percent to $158 million.
In the nine months ended Sept. 30, AMR earned $732 million,
Record Number: TUL588621

October 30, 1996

American Eyes Big Airplane Order

By From staff, wire reports

Index Terms:

AVIATION
Article Text:
FORT WORTH, Texas -- American Airlines wants to buy at least 100 new jets worth more than $10 billion and is in talks with the Boeing Co. about an order, people familiar with the airline said.
The order would represent the largest purchase for American in more than a decade and could mark a resumption of the expansion it pursued in the 1980s, when it rose from a second-tier carrier to become the nation's largest airline.
American could complete negotiations for at least part of the order as early as Thanksgiving, or Nov. 28, sources familiar with the talks said.
A spokesman for AMR Corp., American's Fort Worth-based parent company, declined to comment. A Boeing spokeswoman also declined to comment, saying the company's policy is to let customers announce purchases.
American took delivery of its last new plane, a Boeing 757, this summer. Last week, AMR Chairman Robert Crandall said the company wanted to buy more mid-range 757s as well as long-range aircraft "fairly soon." American has about 86 757s in its fleet.
The purchase could include orders and options for 60 wide-body 777s, a twin-engine jet with the range to fly from American's Dallas hub to Tokyo.
Those airplanes alone would cost about $8 billion before any discounts. Adding about 40 smaller jets American also wants to buy could bring the total purchase to more than $10 billion, the people familiar with the talks said.
Such an order would be "a coup for Boeing," said Nick Heymann, an analyst at NatWest Securities Corp. in New York. The carrier has more than 640 planes, most of which were made by McDonnell Douglas Corp.
The impact of plane purchases at American's Tulsa Maintenance and Engineering Center depends on the type of planes purchased and the role the local facility would take in their upkeep.
Currently the center handles Fokker 100s, Airbus 300s, McDonnell Douglas DC-10s, MD-80s and MD-11s, and Boeing's 727.
The future of American's 80-plane 727 fleet remains unclear. The planes need hush kits placed on engines, at $3 million per engine, or $12 million replacement engines to meet government noise standards that take effect in 2000. They also require a flight crew of three, compared with a two-person crew in more modern craft.

Crandall
said last week the company might replace all 16 MD-11s and replace its older 727s with newer narrow-body jets.
Record Number: TUL590418

DictatorExcuse.jpg