Thursday''s Rumors?

I''m tired of waiting for something to be said about these rumors. If anyone can debunk or confirm these, please do it here.
1)Jet Blue will be taking over the TPA maintenance hanger.
2)Most of the back shops in PIT are going to be moved to CLT.
Any other rumors out there that we can straighten out?
PS.
3)There is reason to believe, that there is a unique corporate transaction in the works.

jetBlue will not be taking over the Tampa hangar, you people amaze me:[BR][BR][STRONG][FONT color=#ff0000]EADS[/FONT] contract[/STRONG]
[P]Preview: [FONT color=#ff0000]EADS[/FONT] signs $10M work contract [FONT color=#ff0000]EADS[/FONT] Aeroframe Services has signed a five-year contract to maintain [FONT color=#ff0000]JetBlue[/FONT] Airways' family Airbus aircraft. The deal, worth $10 million, is [FONT color=#ff0000]EADS[/FONT]' second contract in two weeks. [FONT color=#ff0000]EADS[/FONT] announced on March 11 that it signed a [BR]Published: 03/26/2002 [BR][A href=http://archive.americanpress.com/cgi-bin/ArchiveIQue.acgi$rec=321455-66240 target=FullView]Show Story[/A] [BR][/P]

TPA maintenance check is 493 not 431, one of the bays will not be empty for long, CLT is getting a line of Airbus narrowbody cockpit door mods.

repeet,
in regards to tampa hanger..(this is only airport scuttle). before i was furloughed i worked in tampa...the word thru out the airport was that both delta and southwest were interested..nothing in concrete but thats what was going around.. i cant say either way..just wanted to let you know what the rumor in tampa was

Ooops, fooled by the IAM again.

According to VM-CICS RGP2 the staffing levels at TPA are this:

491 Line Maintenance 60, including Leads.

494 GSE 8, including Leads.

431 Maintenance Check 0, including Leads?

As for the shops; I work in the Charlotte Avionics Shop, Dept. 470. With the layoffs, and the parking of aircraft, over half of our work is gone. That leaves about 5000 sq.ft. in our shop unutilized. Also, other shops throughout the hanger are similarly under utilized. Let alone two empty bays on the floor.

And oh yeah, our off-site is half-empty.

Also, the Airport Manager, Jerry Orr, has said he can provide any and all shop, or hanger, space that we may require.

Don't take my word for this. This is something anyone in the company can check.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 7:36:10 PM repeet wrote:

Ooops, fooled by the IAM again.

According to VM-CICS RGP2 the staffing levels at TPA are this:

491 Line Maintenance 60, including Leads.

494 GSE 8, including Leads.

431 Maintenance Check 0, including Leads?

As for the shops; I work in the Charlotte Avionics Shop, Dept. 470. With the layoffs, and the parking of aircraft, over half of "our work" is gone. That leaves about 5000 sq.ft. in our shop unutilized. Also, other shops throughout the hanger are similarly under utilized. Let alone two empty bays on the floor.

And oh yeah, our off-site is half-empty.

Also, the Airport Manager, Jerry Orr, has said he can provide any and all shop, or hanger, space that we may require.

Don't take my word for this. This is something anyone in the company can check.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Repeet,

I hear you on the underutilization of our in house shops. We had an incident last week where a 757 needed a wiper motor converter. All of ours were unserviceable (vendor repair of course), and we wound up having to borrow. The vendor could not provide with a repair or exchange unit until the end of December at the earliest. The unit at the vendor since July was awaiting parts to complete the repair, and the vendor was charging us over $3600 for two relays, and transistor, and a seal on a $13000 part. There is no logical reason our own shops could not do this repair at a tremendous cost savings. Then you can add in the convienence factor of being able to cannabilize another part when we are awaiting parts to complete a repair. This is only going to get worse as we go more into bed with Airbus and see all items under vendor repair. Take landing gear on the Airbus, we have a perfectly good shop in INT to turn parts around quickly, yet we send it all out to Messier-Dowty. On top of outrageous repair charges, plus shipping charges, the vendor has no loyalty to us or our customers, so there is no incentive for them to push repairs. I hope this is something the new maintenance management takes a long hard look at.

The current manning issues in TPA have certainly created a stir in CLT and PIT this morning. Rumors are varied....yet abundant to say the very least.

(1) I can confirm our IAM friends comments regarding Airbus Cockpit Door Mods being done in CLT in the near future. Inventory to perform the work is more than trickling in.

(2) Rumors are flying about a possible closing...or at least a re-alignment of our maintenance operation in TPA. Rumors yet again...lead some to believe that an announcement about the future of TPA Heavy Maintenance could occure as early as today (11-22-02)

(3) CLT has been noted for it's great Under-Utilization within the system....this coupled to a very fine distribution center lends credence to CLT emerging to the forefront of the Maintenance and Logistics arena.....as logic and centralized location dictates anyway.

(4) Conversations tonight with TPA...in varying capacities has confirmed the presence of more than a few fears for thier future.....of course fears are everywhere within this company.

(5) Could this be the final act of Wolf's desires to cut U down to 2 Heavy Maintenance Bases? During the last W&G Roadshow in CLT in 2001.....He stated that U had too many maintenance bases (heavy) for an airline our size.....now we are even smaller. Maybe this is true?

(6) I have heard that Mr Prestofillipo is very impressed with the CLT leadership....and sees great un-tapped potential for added work......and he sees the loss of flexibilty that TPA's location creates for logistics issues. Could this be a logical Consolidation of resources and labor?

Stay tuned!!.......this could get real interesting quick!! Hang Tough TPA......My comments and observations are not intended to hurt any of you.!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/22/2002 4:02:05 AM AOG-N-IT wrote:

The current manning issues in TPA have certainly created a stir in CLT and PIT this morning. Rumors are varied....yet abundant to say the very least.

(1) I can confirm our IAM friends comments regarding Airbus "Cockpit Door Mods" being done in CLT in the near future. Inventory to perform the work is more than trickling in.

(2) Rumors are flying about a possible closing...or at least a re-alignment of our maintenance operation in TPA. Rumors yet again...lead some to believe that an announcement about the future of TPA Heavy Maintenance could occure as early as today (11-22-02)

(3) CLT has been noted for it's great "Under-Utilization" within the system....this coupled to a very fine distribution center lends credence to CLT emerging to the forefront of the Maintenance and Logistics arena.....as logic and centralized location dictates anyway.

(4) Conversations tonight with TPA...in varying capacities has confirmed the presence of more than a few fears for thier future.....of course fears are everywhere within this company.

(5) Could this be the final act of Wolf's desires to cut U down to 2 Heavy Maintenance Bases? During the last W&G Roadshow in CLT in 2001.....He stated that U had too many maintenance bases (heavy) for an airline our size.....now we are even smaller. Maybe this is true?

(6) I have heard that Mr Prestofillipo is very impressed with the CLT leadership....and sees great un-tapped potential for added work......and he sees the loss of flexibilty that TPA's location creates for logistics issues. Could this be a logical "Consolidation" of resources and labor?

Stay tuned!!.......this could get real interesting quick!! Hang Tough TPA......My comments and observations are not intended to hurt any of you.!!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Those were pretty much the rumors that were flowing in TPA last night. At first, most people thought that it was the rumored cutover to being officially a base maintenance station. (Tampa's mechanics have been considered line even though they've been doing their checks as a heavy base for almost three years). That could be true, HOWEVER, apparently the computers are showing facilities maintenance going away. If that happens the place could be getting the axe. Another death to Dave's credit?

Anyway, maybe my imending furlough from TPA was the right move. I would have been pissed as hell if I'd ended up in PIT only to get displaced again, thanks to our managment team.

If I'm out the door, let them close the doors and turn off the lights. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif']

Hopefully CLT and TPA will not lose any of their work, however you might want to learn to yell ROLL TIDE and sing Sweet Home Alabama!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/22/2002 4:02:05 AM AOG-N-IT wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Shouldn't, There is reason to believe preface this remark?

According to their crew briefings in TPA last night, department 493 maintenance check (line maintenance) is being changed over to base maintenance and that is the reason the numbers have changed in the computer.