Transition Training F/A''s

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Since Jane Allens announcement that the ISL base will drop off to STL domestic for the month of FEB 03. Does this mean that the transition training will resume in FEB?

I thought that no new aircraft types could be brought into LLC flying. Once you complete transition training, you are no longer flying for LLC, but rather AA, as you will be working their metal, so I am a bit perplexed that 737 training was not part of it. I imagine that anyone who completes training and then proffers back to ISL when it reopens, will go through 737 training, as it handles the bulk of Carribean flying.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 7:55:29 AM TWAnr wrote:

That would be a violation of the seniority integration agreement between the APFA and the company.
----------------
[/blockquote]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 8:21:01 AM s80dude wrote:

I thought that no new aircraft types could be brought into LLC flying. Once you complete transition training, you are no longer flying for LLC, but rather AA, as you will be working their metal, so I am a bit perplexed that 737 training was not part of it. I imagine that anyone who completes training and then proffers back to ISL when it reopens, will go through 737 training, as it handles the bulk of Carribean flying.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 7:55:29 AM TWAnr wrote:

That would be a violation of the seniority integration agreement between the APFA and the company.
----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
Just a suggestion, why dont you call APFA and pose the question? Please share with us the answer you recieve. IN retrospect, the senority integration agreement shoots APFA's own foot.
Reminds me of the joke gift you could buy: It was a huge eraser.......and printed on it was
PLAN AHEA.. the ending D didnt fit .....img

Plan ahead? Amazing AA and APFA didn't plan for a post 9/11 world. I sure Trans World was already for it. If they could have seen that coming. They never would have taken on the TW drama factory.

The SLT trained people didn't get trained but on the only 3 a/c the TWA LLC f/a's will be trained on, the MD80, 757, and 767. Since no new equip can come into STL for however many years, and no TWA people can roam the other bases, thats how it will probably be until it gets to the point where those senior people can proffer to leave STL and allow the recalled f/a's back into STL.

You're right. Nothing prevents AA from introducing new equipment on the AA side (SLT or whatever they call the new International base when it opens). Right now all our Caribbean flying is 757 but that could change.

MK

The 737 is a pain in the front. Its a dream in the back. Worst of all is the double catered meal flights.

I talked to someone in the know about the reconfig on the 737. The plan is to take it to 14 seats, from 20. Its on hold for lack of money. They are aware that we are losing revenue, having 20 F/C seats and filling them with over sales from M/C. When we should have 15 to 20 more M/C seats to sell on every flight.

They are also are looking at moving the 757 back to 12. I think this far less likely given the markets the 757 flys to.