Triple Combo?

Two of the three companies may merge at some point, but not all three. That would be a huge antitrust problem.

Doug Parker and Glenn Tilton are advocates of nothing except Doug Parker and Glenn Tilton. They will do whatever gives them the biggest payout when they walk away. I realize that does not make them wildly unique among airline executives, or corporate executives period. But, don't kid yourself that they care what happens to US or UAL in the long run. Or, even the short run if that means they collect quicker.

"Not to start an argument" but I guess the same can be said of Mr. Arpey also. He is an airline executive isn't he?

Do you take every comment by a non-US Airways member personally? Or, do you just have a reading comprehension deficiency? Please note the 2nd sentence of the comment you quoted. "I realize that does not make them wildly unique among airline executives, or corporate executives period. I did not forget Gerard Arpey (how could I?). First off, the thread is about US Airways merger possibilities, and I was responding to the member who mentioned Parker and Tilton specifically, and his apparent belief that because they are "advocates of merger" a merger will happpen. I wouldn't bet my mortgage on that.

I don't see a merger that gives Parker the key to the executive washroom at UAL coming to pass.

UAL/CO with CO running the combination? Absolutely possible.

UAL/CO/US? Not a snowballs chance.

Parker would flat out ruin United if he got his hands on it.

Do you take every comment by a non-US Airways member personally? Or, do you just have a reading comprehension deficiency? Please note the 2nd sentence of the comment you quoted. "I realize that does not make them wildly unique among airline executives, or corporate executives period. I did not forget Gerard Arpey (how could I?). First off, the thread is about US Airways merger possibilities, and I was responding to the member who mentioned Parker and Tilton specifically, and his apparent belief that because they are "advocates of merger" a merger will happpen. I wouldn't bet my mortgage on that.

LOL. Actually I can read a little and count a little. I can count enough to know that it was actually the 3rd sentence that I commented on. No I don't take every comment by a "non-US Airways" personally, but when I read an asinine comment--US Airways employee or not--that inspires me to comment I will. It's not personal though. How can it be? I don't even know you.

Let us consult the Oracle:

merrrge.jpg

I think Doug just doesn't want US to end up as the old weirdo cat lady of the airline industry.

I don't see a merger that gives Parker the key to the executive washroom at UAL coming to pass.

UAL/CO with CO running the combination? Absolutely possible.

UAL/CO/US? Not a snowballs chance.

Parker would flat out ruin United if he got his hands on it.

Believe it or not, there are some schools of thought that have US East merging with UA and US West being spun off to CO. This would give CO a West Coast base (PHX) and would rid US/UA combo of the pilot seniority issue that is currently dragging on.

We will soon see what is being planned behind the curtain when the financial markets are able to raise the capital needed to resume M&A activity. The timing should be right around September or October.

Believe it or not, there are some schools of thought that have US East merging with UA and US West being spun off to CO. This would give CO a West Coast base (PHX) and would rid US/UA combo of the pilot seniority issue that is currently dragging on.

We will soon see what is being planned behind the curtain when the financial markets are able to raise the capital needed to resume M&A activity. The timing should be right around September or October.

Spin:
This one seems very reasonable to me.

I feel this comes from the "Wishful Thinking School of Thought." I wish something like this would happen, also. (Even if it does mean the east merging with UAL....a thought I abhor.) I don't think my wish, or anyone else's, makes such a combination more likely. I remain highly skeptical of this ever happening.

Rumor has it that Lufthansa (big momma of STAR) will cosign for the LCC-UAUA marriage.
Also hearing from UAUA guys a 'big announcement' is coming late this summer.
Hmmmm.
Cheers

This rumor is as old as the merger.