True or False 777 B-CK leaving DFW going to MIA?

dfw gen said:
confirmed b check to miami sept 20
Maybe they will send the FMLA recruitment time and attendance office with it, and budget in vehicles and equipment for DFW mechanics to clear MEL's and keep planes on the flight line serviceable. 

was that for 6th and 7th days. Because I clearly remember guys from afw stating that they did there time on weekends before moving to afw. Seven day coverage was a big factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in2010

The reason the 777-200 B check is leaving DFW is because of poor management - plain and simple.  Not long ago that same B check was coming and going on time.  Then management decides to change the bid, this move forces a bunch of the experienced "b check" AMTs to bid off the b check.  Then management adds a variety pack of supervisors to run the crew that nobody likes.  Then, add in one of the most reviled crew chiefs in the system to the day shift crew.  Management then decides "it must be QAs fault for all the problems".  Next thing you know, QA is gone, and now the AMTs are doing the inspections.  Well, that plan backfired, cause these guys know right where to go to find all the problems and promply write them up.  Not that QA didn't, but not with as much resolve!  There are issues with no parts, and not having the right equipment etc. as well.  So this is management's idea, play MIA vs DFW for work?  Last I checked, MIA AMTs didn't receive a raise - so where would their motivation come from - to try and out do DFW MX?  Management decided that they could plug any AMT into any spot on any crew, and there wouldn't be a learning curve.  Well, that has cost them.

This is just management trying to reinvent the wheel.  Probably the same guys who moved the "I check" to South America - the interiors are looking pretty broke down since that stupid move.  Now there is talk of bringing it back to DFW - well count on management to screw that up. 

Reactions: 2 people
MIA guys are  cheap, they sell their  soul for dayshift and afternoon shift.

Maybe someday DFW guys can learn to suck company C*** like the rest of the system and we can keep a B check around here.

Reactions: 1 person
The reason the bck is going to MIA is because management thinks thats what suites their operation best, thats where routing puts them. It has nothing to do with the performance of DFW. STL had great performance, Still lost a ton of work, MCI had great performance, shut down, AFW had great performance-shut down. We had perfect reliability with the 7678, still shipped it out to LAX. Over the last 28 years I've seen them move work from one place to the next, performance was never a factor. But management figures why not try and say it is? They have nothing to lose by saying that. So today the 777 is going to MIA, something else will fill those bays in DFW, don't see AA giving up the hangar in DFW any time soon, or ever.

Don't believe the tall tales that other stations are out there banging out the work and thats why the bck is leaving DFW most are even more pissed off than those in DFW. Now that the company is engaging in a pre JCBA purge, so they can terminate instead of furlough, going after guys that bang out their work so they can get some down time before they go to their primary job, things will get even worse, Soon they will only have guys who have no reason to rush.

Reactions: 3 people
Owens is right again. RNO delivered 737 B-Checks like clockwork, they expanded the hangar for 757's, and then shut it down and sent us to DFW. 

http://twu514.org/blog/2014/07/30/aa-leadership-announced-the-movement-of-the-dfw-777-b-check/

Early this morning AA leadership announced the movement of the DFW 777 B-Check to MIA, beginning in late September.

AA has notified us that a significant number of transfers will be moved into MIA, that offering will begin to take place in the next two weeks.

A recent change was made to the electronic transfer system that allows members to be immediately accepted onto and removed from the list, that change will be in place August 1, 2014 and this movement will take place under the new rules when the list is pulled.

If you want to be asked, add your name to the list, if you do not want to be considered, now is a good time to take your name off.

-----------  Local 514 Email sent out :

AA leadership announced the movement of the DFW 777 B-Check

July 30, 2014

Anyone interested in transferring to MIA, get you name on the list ASAP..

AA-Miami-300x231.jpg
Early this morning AA leadership announced the movement of the DFW 777 B-Check to MIA, beginning in late September.
AA has notified us that a significant number of transfers will be moved into MIA, that offering will begin to take place in the next two weeks.
A recent change was made to the electronic transfer system that allows members to be immediately accepted onto and removed from the list, that change will be in place August 1, 2014 and this movement will take place under the new rules when the list is pulled.
If you want to be asked, add your name to the list, if you do not want to be considered, now is a good time to take your name off.

According to AA, a widebody B-check requires about 200 to 300 man-hours.   At the high end of the estimate, that's 38 mechanics if they do it in one 8-hour shift, and only 19 if it's spread over two shifts.   Everyone has a different definition of "significant number," but I don't see 19 or 38 heads as "significant numbers."   

Does a 777 B-check actually require a lot more labor hours than the estimate published by AA?   

FWAAA said:
According to AA, a widebody B-check requires about 200 to 300 man-hours.   At the high end of the estimate, that's 38 mechanics if they do it in one 8-hour shift, and only 19 if it's spread over two shifts.   Everyone has a different definition of "significant number," but I don't see 19 or 38 heads as "significant numbers."   

Does a 777 B-check actually require a lot more labor hours than the estimate published by AA?
Yes.

American also says that outsourcing saves labor hours. What you don't see is after the outsourced work is returned to the airline, more work out of the logbook is required. These man hours are never put in the books. That is how they say they are saving money.

Reactions: 1 person
FWAAA said:
How about headcount going up by 73?

Bob Owens said:
The reason the bck is going to MIA is because management thinks thats what suites their operation best, thats where routing puts them.
How do you know that's where the routing puts them, did you do a back check, did they show you why and the the reasons for? Or, surely you didn't just take their word for it, did you?
Bob Owens said:
 something else will fill those bays in DFW,

What exactly will be in the "those bays" Bob, and how do you know, did they show you on paper or give you"their word"?

Bob Owens said:
Now that the company is engaging in a pre JCBA purge,
What exactly are you talking about here Bob, have the number of terminations increased recently and if so by exactly how mouch and over what span of time? Or is this just fear mongering on your part.

The more and more I read your tales, the more and more you sound like a company stooge.

I am ashamed to be part of this. It is a damn joke that Local 591 Board Members are ok with the Company Playing musical chairs with work between stations under the same local. I thought having all the locals under one was supposed to be better. How can you allow DFW to get screwed and then come to Miami and pound your chest about how you got the 777 B Check as if its a good thing. 

I dont understand Bob or Big Mac not seeing this as Messed up. I would like you to explain to both Miami and DFW how you guys are playing both sides of the fence on this one. 

A few years ago when the Company took work out of NY and One of our Board Members asked guys in Miami to take that same work and knock it out in amazing time. Just so we could keep it. How the HELL is this better for all of us. I for one dont believe in Musical Chairs. If you were not so stupid you would see that they are taking away a chair each time. I guess at the end when they shut down DFW , all the rest of you guys can just come to Miami and bump all the junior guys out of  the last chair. Just ask AFW guys how nice these same junior guys are treating them. 

WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE.

Reactions: 3 people