True or False 777 B-CK leaving DFW going to MIA?

The bid shows 70 (not counting avionics and QA) for seven day 777. With QA (28 inspectors) MIA HC may have to go up about 90 to cover the 777 BC based on the DFW bid. What work is coming to DFW that will provide that much HC in work? Hopefully the local is working on it with management.

Runwaysticker said:
Ah they did away with inspection on the 767 B CK, and wont have any on the trip 7 either.
Not entirely. I was thinking about the impact to DFW when they pull it. Unless there is new work like Bob says.

The union cant tell the company where to put work, it is Management Rights.

Do the FAs tell AA where the bases are to be and what trips are flown from where?

Same goes for the Pilots.

700UW said:
The union cant tell the company where to put work, it is Management Rights.

Do the FAs tell AA where the bases are to be and what trips are flown from where?

Same goes for the Pilots.

On a day to day basis perhaps not, but a union during negotiations can indeed guarantee work at selected locations.

Yes they can, the US IAM M&R CBA has certain line stations protected and CLT and PIT Heavy are contractually protected.

But if it isnt in your CBA< the company can put the work they choose, as AA is doing with the 777 B-Check.

Does the IAM CBA have restrictions on what US stations own what line work? Like BC's. Can US move an A330 BC from say PHL to PHX just because mgmt. wants to as long as IAM represented AMTs do the work?

Overspeed said:
Does the IAM CBA have restrictions on what US stations own what line work? Like BC's. Can US move an A330 BC from say PHL to PHX just because mgmt. wants to as long as IAM represented AMTs do the work?
No, only that base MTC is in pit and CLT. It doesn't dictate the amount/type of work, as long as it is done by US AMTs.

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
I am ashamed to be part of this. It is a damn joke that Local 591 Board Members are ok with the Company Playing musical chairs with work between stations under the same local. I thought having all the locals under one was supposed to be better. How can you allow DFW to get screwed and then come to Miami and pound your chest about how you got the 777 B Check as if its a good thing. 

I dont understand Bob or Big Mac not seeing this as Messed up. I would like you to explain to both Miami and DFW how you guys are playing both sides of the fence on this one. 

A few years ago when the Company took work out of NY and One of our Board Members asked guys in Miami to take that same work and knock it out in amazing time. Just so we could keep it. How the HELL is this better for all of us. I for one dont believe in Musical Chairs. If you were not so stupid you would see that they are taking away a chair each time. I guess at the end when they shut down DFW , all the rest of you guys can just come to Miami and bump all the junior guys out of  the last chair. Just ask AFW guys how nice these same junior guys are treating them. 

WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE.
Copying and pasting a informational letter and an email sent out by the local does not constitute your post. I'm no fan of musical chairs. We lost the 777 here in TULE to another station. I don't recall as many posters disgruntled about the work being done by another local? The 777 has been moved so many times now it's difficult to track. I think they started OH of the 777's at AFW. So NO I do not agree with relocating jobs or work. As far as riding the fence comment...that's a BIG negative sir.

Reactions: 4 people
All I know its going to be a cluster f##k in MIA until they get it together, more break room space, more lockers, etc. Both cks start at same time 0900-1730 lot of bodies in one place, you might want to come down and see what morning traffic is like BRUTAL, I live 30 miles away and would have to leave 2 1/2 hours before start time. I wish we didn't get the 777 ck.

FWAAA said:
According to AA, a widebody B-check requires about 200 to 300 man-hours.   At the high end of the estimate, that's 38 mechanics if they do it in one 8-hour shift, and only 19 if it's spread over two shifts.   Everyone has a different definition of "significant number," but I don't see 19 or 38 heads as "significant numbers."   

Does a 777 B-check actually require a lot more labor hours than the estimate published by AA?   
7 days a week,

DallasConehead said:
How do you know that's where the routing puts them, did you do a back check, did they show you why and the the reasons for? Or, surely you didn't just take their word for it, did you?
What exactly will be in the "those bays" Bob, and how do you know, did they show you on paper or give you"their word"?

What exactly are you talking about here Bob, have the number of terminations increased recently and if so by exactly how mouch and over what span of time? Or is this just fear mongering on your part.

The more and more I read your tales, the more and more you sound like a company stooge.
I don't, they didn't consult with me however they did just announce more 777 service to South America out of MIA and JFK. So having a 777 B check as close to the middle of the operation makes sense. By having the Bck it also means they will have more parts, and MIA is once again about as close to the middle between NY, Brazil and Dallas. 

Yes there has been a spike.

Overspeed said:
Not entirely. I was thinking about the impact to DFW when they pull it. Unless there is new work like Bob says.
I said there was new work?  Making stuff up again? From what I hear no layoffs are planned even with the movement of work. My guess is they expect to pay less OT. 

Reactions: 1 person
Runwaysticker said:
All I know its going to be a cluster f##k in MIA until they get it together, more break room space, more lockers, etc. Both cks start at same time 0900-1730 lot of bodies in one place, you might want to come down and see what morning traffic is like BRUTAL, I live 30 miles away and would have to leave 2 1/2 hours before start time. I wish we didn't get the 777 ck.
Good point.....One thing to note is that at least MIA is growing with experienced mechanics transferring in as opposed to upgrades or new hires who most likely will be villing the void at those stations which are providing the transfers.

Bob You said that other work will fill those bays in DFW if the BC moves. That you don't see them closing the hangars anytime soon. So if work is moving out, new work to DFW must be coming in to fill that bay and occupy the former 777 BC AMTs. True?