Trump Polling

Status
Not open for further replies.
southwind said:
Sorry but, the government does not produce job growth, private business does!

Not in the U.S., it doesn't. Consumer spending/demand is what drives job growth.

They teach that in school...

townpete said:
You couldn't be more wrong.

Perhaps above all else, the data shows that Mr. Trump has broad support in the G.O.P., spanning all major demographic groups.
That's nice. What about across the nation as a whole? How's Trump doing with "all major demographic groups?"

777 fixer said:
I get it. If I say whiskey tango I'm a bigot. But if Donald Trump says he's going to keep the Muslims out and calls Mexicans coming over the border rapists and murders he's a good guy because he's keeping all the little brown people out. Got it.Hope the irony is not lost on you.
It is.

"Lol."

Kev3188 said:
Not in the U.S., it doesn't. Consumer spending/demand is what drives job growth.

They teach that in school...

Consumer spending and demand drive private business to grow with the demand.

southwind said:
Well since you've had TWO wet dreams, one in 2008 and the other in 2012, when a Libtard Demorat was elected and the national debt has sky rocketed since, even with military Cuts, where exactly do you suppose the money for free college should come from?

What part of lower taxes generates MORE growth, including J.O.B.S and in the process generates MORE federal revenue taken in, do you not understand?

Do you not realize, if U.S. lowered the corporate tax rate, company's would be beating down the door , to run and operate that company here and in the process create more jobs?

Do you not realize that if the government reduced individual tax rates those individuals would be able to spend that added income on goods and services and the taxes on those goods and services?

Sorry but, the government does not produce job growth, private business does!

Fair Tax......Google it!

If it was good to revamp healthcare ,why not taxes?

Where did I say anything about free college?   If you cut taxes and increase defense spending....how does that address the debt that is an issue.   

You need to read Cruz's tax plan a little closer.  I seem to recall that the right was up in arms because, despite our outrageously high corporate tax rate, GE paid nothing.   You replace that with the Cruz plan of a 16% VAT and the corporate lobbyists will lobby HARD against it.   And the end result will be that that "lower corporate tax" will be passed on to consumers.  The reason?  They can cook the books with the 35% rate so that they pay nothing.  If you assess a 16% tax at every phase of production - they can't get out of that.  So they'll pass it on to the consumer....who won't be getting pay raises since labor costs are the biggest roadblock to shareholder value. Combine this 16% tax increase (for the middle class) with their 2% tax cut (on income) and they'll find they are paying more in taxes.  And they'll have to hope for job growth, since many of them will need to work two jobs. 

FWIW...private business has apparently sucked at job growth.  

KCFlyer said:

Where did I say anything about free college?   If you cut taxes and increase defense spending....how does that address the debt that is an issue.   

You need to read Cruz's tax plan a little closer.  I seem to recall that the right was up in arms because, despite our outrageously high corporate tax rate, GE paid nothing.   You replace that with the Cruz plan of a 16% VAT and the corporate lobbyists will lobby HARD against it.   And the end result will be that that "lower corporate tax" will be passed on to consumers.  The reason?  They can cook the books with the 35% rate so that they pay nothing.  If you assess a 16% tax at every phase of production - they can't get out of that.  So they'll pass it on to the consumer....who won't be getting pay raises since labor costs are the biggest roadblock to shareholder value. Combine this 16% tax increase (for the middle class) with their 2% tax cut (on income) and they'll find they are paying more in taxes.  And they'll have to hope for job growth, since many of them will need to work two jobs. 

FWIW...private business has apparently sucked at job growth.  

FWIW you have no clue what your talking about.

America's Largest Private Companies 2015 RANKING

Most of those companies started as small outfits and grew into large ones, employing thousands of employees.

Trump is a sideshow. He won't be the republican nominee. Hillary will be our next president. As if it really matters who gets in. Whoever wins we lose.

CMH_GSE said:
Ifly, I see you working and the point you make, butt,
I'll take "insanely " superior every day of the week when we are talking military might.
Protecting our country against all comers and potential comers is worth having the most advanced weaponry.
We could use another dose of Reaganism.
Carter refused to build the B1, or the B2 or the MX missile.
Reagan campaigned on building ALL of them, and then some.
It worked, he put the country back to work and put us in a place where no country , wanted to EF with us, I kinda liked that feeling.

I'll take insanely superior over numbers too

That has been US doctrine since WW2, and especially solidly so since Vietnam.

To Dell's posts, no, we can not match the Chinese in sheer numbers, and enough old ratty F-5's could make it hard to fight a long war with 120 F35's in our arsenal, and even we can't build 100,000 (or so...) current generation airplanes in four years like we did in WW2.

Thanks, btw, for acknowledging that government spending, aka known as "stimulus" can and does work, even if it does entail deficit spending and debt. The military is one place to do that, not the only place.

The B1 and B2 were a lot of fun, and not really "all that" militarily.

And the MX missile, and SDI, what became of those again?

Ifly2 said:
I'll take insanely superior over numbers too

That has been US doctrine since WW2, and especially solidly so since Vietnam.

To Dell's posts, no, we can not match the Chinese in sheer numbers, and enough old ratty F-5's could make it hard to fight a long war with 120 F35's in our arsenal, and even we can't build 100,000 (or so...) current generation airplanes in four years like we did in WW2.

Thanks, btw, for acknowledging that government spending, aka known as "stimulus" can and does work, even if it does entail deficit spending and debt. The military is one place to do that, not the only place.

I don't think they built fighters with stimulus monies, more like it was spent in the civilian arena for infrastructure and buildings on bases and for runway maintenance.

Ifly2 said:
The B1 and B2 were a lot of fun, and not really "all that" militarily.
And the MX missile, and SDI, what became of those again?
All got an assist in winning the Cold War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back