From the LM-2

514 Membersip Totals.

1999 8050
2000 ?
2001 7889
2002 7774
2003 6725
2004 ?

Can anyone from Tulsa go to the next membership meeting and check the financial report to see how many members Tulsa is down to now?

From 1999 to 2003 membership was down 1325 members. They lost more members than most of the locals in the TWU/AA system have!!!

Bob, we have over 700 on Layoff status, along with this we have fleet service at the outline stations on layoff and we also have lost St. Louis which now has their own Local. This equates to over 300. We have also lost members due to retirement.

Note: We have recalled Amt's this week.

Checking it Out said:
Bob, we have over 700 on Layoff status, along with this we have fleet service at the outline stations on layoff and we also have lost St. Louis which now has their own Local. This equates to over 300. We have also lost members due to retirement.
OK, so in other words you have lost over 1300 members and are continuing to shrink?

That comes out to 16.45%. So in addition to massive pay and benifit cuts we are still seeing double digit reductions in headcounts?

Checking it Out said:
Actually Bob, I think you will findout the numbers you have are a little low.
They are the numbers as reported on the LM-2.

Did you guys report wrong numbers to the DOL?

Or by a little low did you mean that the number of jobs eliminated are higher?

Thats what he means we are down like 1500-1600 just in tul, and i lost 33% in take home pay to boot. And the amt recalls were from osm position not from the street and there were only 15 of them not much to brag about

Cio, those recalled were those OSM's, right? I have not seen a full AMT recalled yet at AA. Those that are recalled to OSM pay and benefits, could do better at Jiffy Lube.

Many have refused the recall, and the twu sellout is reason.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!

dreese said:
Thats what he means we are down like 1500-1600 just in tul, and i lost 33% in take home pay to boot. And the amt recalls were from osm position not from the street and there were only 15 of them not much to brag about
Not much to brag about, unless you are one of the 15. Yet AMFA claimed victory with FM2, a whopping 150 out of how many? Well shoot up a flare Louise!

Hackman said:

Cio, those recalled were those OSM's, right? I have not seen a full AMT recalled yet at AA. Those that are recalled to OSM pay and benefits, could do better at Jiffy Lube.

Many have refused the recall, and the twu sellout is reason.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!
Just think, we did not have to go in front on an arbitrator to decide if they should be recalled or not!

I also understand recalls are happening at some other locals as well!

Keep up the Great Job all You TWU Brothers and Sisters!!!!!

Nightwatch said:
Not much to brag about, unless you are one of the 15. Yet AMFA claimed victory with FM2, a whopping 150 out of how many? Well shoot up a flare Louise!
150 at full pay and back pay vs 15 with no back pay and with a 33% paycut, one week less vacation, less holidays, no double time, half pay sick days, etc.

Are you for real?

Bob Owens said:
150 at full pay and back pay vs 15 with no back pay and with a 33% paycut, one week less vacation, less holidays, no double time, half pay sick days, etc.

Are you for real?
Question is..."are you for real?"...so tell me Mr. Stats...who would you rather have in your corner in a discharge hearing? * ...AMFA or the TWU? And the concessions went to all members so you do not need to list those Bob. AMFA's record in the courts suck. There ability to get a contract sux also. And they allow McCormick to sign off on the back of the contracts, even though he is not an elected official?

*feel free to call Dan Cunningham for advice on answering this one.

Nightwatch said:
*feel free to call Dan Cunningham for advice on answering this one.
And the concessions went to all members so you do not need to list those Bob.

Why not? Those who were recalled by NWA went back with back pay and at full pay, no concessions. The 15 that you claim were recalled went back with no back pay at considerably less pay than they had in the beginning of 2003, also with less benifits.

In fact the impact for those returning under a TWU contract could easily be compared to the impact of starting a completely new job. Things that were usually aquired through the union seniority system, stable pay and benifits, have been stripped away by the TWU. So the 15 laid off workers that are returning to their former jobs are doing so for less pay and benifits. So our best case scenario under the TWU contract is about the same as the worst case scenario at AMFA represented NWA.

AMFA's record in the courts suck.
There ability to get a contract sux also.

Can you give supporting evidence for those statements? Lets see it.

And they allow McCormick to sign off on the back of the contracts, even though he is not an elected official?

Ok, in what capacity does he sign? Does he sign as a witness, like our negotiating committee? Or does he sign as a party to the contract?

Which contracts are you referring to? I have a copy of the NWA agreement. OV Delle -Femmine is the first of 14 signatures. McCormick is the last. Clearly McCormicks signature is that of a witness.

If he signs as a party do the members have the ability to remove the person who put him in that capacity? Do we have the ability to remove Sonny Hall, the guy who placed Jim Little in that capacity?

Latest posts