Concessions for jobs....yeah right! read on Tulsa

I'm wondering if Chuck was forced to give up his VP title at 562. Since has has become vocal about supporting AMFA, wouldn't he really have 2 interests to support?

Glad he came out and give some support!!!

for the record, I resigned from the VP position in 562 months ago. I still support my members and help them where i can. All because I resigned from the VP position does mean i turn my back when a member asks fo help. A position or title does not make the man.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually this is common knowledge, With the likes of people like you wanting to destroy or profession and lack of solutions this could very well happen.

Actively pursuing other avenues to generate new work is the best choice in the future. I see many oppurtunities in the horizon for the TWU membership to increase in headcount. Are you willing to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Amfa's reputation for eliminating Union Jobs is common knowledge thruout the industry. So you want to continue this at AA?

In Solidarity,
CIO

That would be a great statement if the union decided what work is kept in house and if the union had the ability to bring work in outside work. Does TUL still do Allegiant? How much work did the TWU bring into AFW and MCI to save their station/ jobs? It's like you don't even think before you post some TWU talking point.

Reactions: 1 person
Well they expect M&R, thats Title I and II, to be down to just 6325 by 2017. That does not bode well for OH. Overspeed, well just as he hasnt been affected by what has already happened its doubtful this will affect him either.

It doesn't look good for TUL mechs when the A319s and A321s start coming, with the excelleration of the S80 retirements, well I'm sure the OSM seniority will get hire with TUL mechs becoming OSMs, or they can go to a line station like ORD where they hiring off the street. I look forward to reading the posts from former TWU supporters when they are at a line station.

And in the meantime nobody is courting the mechanics at Delta, Jet Blue or Fed Ex!

It's hard to beat good pay and no union dues, but of coarse those are good companies, surprising that AA hasn't copied their business plan. AA gives $20 million to the their former CFO when the company went bankrupt.

It doesn't look good for TUL mechs when the A319s and A321s start coming, with the excelleration of the S80 retirements, well I'm sure the OSM seniority will get hire with TUL mechs becoming OSMs, or they can go to a line station like ORD where they hiring off the street. I look forward to reading the posts from former TWU supporters when they are at a line station.
I don't think many of the yes voters will come out to the line. They could live better in Tulsa on an OSM wage than they could on an A&P wage in NY or LAX.

Just ask these AFW guys that showed up out here. Living 6 to an apartment in shock over just how much it cost's to rent something out here. Now to mention buying a home. Come on out boys, the weather's fine!

I don't think many of the yes voters will come out to the line. They could live better in Tulsa on an OSM wage than they could on an A&P wage in NY or LAX.

You never know what will happen. Guys in Tulsa are used to a lifestyle on their current salary. Downgrade to a OSM then how will you explain to your kid that you can not afford video games for them. Sound familiar? AA is buying time. At one point when the jobs in Tulsa will no longer exist then the company will offer positions in places like NY, LA, ORD and MIA. If they refuse then the street is their other option. But let us remember that the TWU saved jobs by convincing the guys in Tulsa to vote Yes.
How pathetic the TWU has become over the last 20 plus years.

You never know what will happen. Guys in Tulsa are used to a lifestyle on their current salary. Downgrade to a OSM then how will you explain to your kid that you can not afford video games for them. Sound familiar? AA is buying time. At one point when the jobs in Tulsa will no longer exist then the company will offer positions in places like NY, LA, ORD and MIA. If they refuse then the street is their other option. But let us remember that the TWU saved jobs by convincing the guys in Tulsa to vote Yes.
How pathetic the TWU has become over the last 20 plus years.
How pathetic TULE has become! Selling out to save their own skins but selling themselves out in the long run. Define Irony!

Just ask these AFW guys that showed up out here. Living 6 to an apartment in shock over just how much it cost's to rent something out here. Now to mention buying a home. Come on out boys, the weather's fine!

And they only have one flight home, not two. So they can work two back to back doubles and go home after their single, so they only have to put up with it three or possibly two nights a week (so long as they can find partners to do doubles with), the Tulsa guys would have to still get to Tulsa after getting to DFW, and if they arent doing as much work in Tulsa they may cut the number of flights there as well.

And they only have one flight home, not two. So they can work two back to back doubles and go home after their single, so they only have to put up with it three or possibly two nights a week (so long as they can find partners to do doubles with), the Tulsa guys would have to still get to Tulsa after getting to DFW, and if they arent doing as much work in Tulsa they may cut the number of flights there as well.
One of these AFW guys is an ex Reno Air guy who has a home in Reno and was commuting to RNO to began with and is pretty happy being out here closer to home. The other guys, not so much. Nothing like going from a nice cozy base job to working midnights on the line with weekdays off to realize the cold hard #### slap of reality they got for that YES vote.

One of these AFW guys is an ex Reno Air guy who has a home in Reno and was commuting to RNO to began with and is pretty happy being out here closer to home. The other guys, not so much. Nothing like going from a nice cozy base job to working midnights on the line with weekdays off to realize the cold hard #### slap of reality they got for that YES vote.

AFW was a pretty solid NO vote. IIRC their percentage against was higher than LAX.

AFW has always been a solid "NO" voting station. That has not changed. I`m sure what is left at TASEL will continue the AFW tradition of NOT capitulating to corporate greed.

Reactions: 3 people