Concessions for jobs....yeah right! read on Tulsa

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
Base Maintenance situation differs from Line
Both 514 and 567 have built assets over time, but…
In total, Base maintenance employees will be reduced by about 50% by 2017
Local 567 will lose 2/3rd of its membership within ~2 years
More profound headcount reductions than line will drive dues cliff almost immediately
Combined with loss of UBP revenue, an aggressive response is needed to preserve quality representation
Dues reduction and UBP losses combine for a run rate reduction of nearly $2 million in revenue annually
page 13

source: TWU ATD presentation on local 591

ask your TWU Rep for a copy of the:

Consolidating AA Maintenance and Related Locals
Financial Rationale

The company will get the concessions and the jobs just like I said.
"concessions for jobs" was a tool just to get 76% of Tulsa to vote "yes".
Tulsa was duped again! 2003 wasn't bad enough?

Aren't you tired of being lied to and mislead?

Sign an AMFA card and give a democratic professional union who has accountability built into their constitution a chance to represent our class and craft.

Reactions: 6 people
Actually this is common knowledge, With the likes of people like you wanting to destroy or profession and lack of solutions this could very well happen.

Actively pursuing other avenues to generate new work is the best choice in the future. I see many oppurtunities in the horizon for the TWU membership to increase in headcount. Are you willing to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Amfa's reputation for eliminating Union Jobs is common knowledge thruout the industry. So you want to continue this at AA?

In Solidarity,
CIO

Actually this is common knowledge, With the likes of people like you wanting to destroy or profession and lack of solutions this could very well happen.

Actively pursuing other avenues to generate new work is the best choice in the future. I see many oppurtunities in the horizon for the TWU membership to increase in headcount. Are you willing to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Amfa's reputation for eliminating Union Jobs is common knowledge thruout the industry. So you want to continue this at AA?

In Solidarity,
CIO
Here we go again! AMFA is not on the property and for days you have claimed lack of support. Yet today it is AMFA's fault that the Tulsa Base headcount will drop by 50%.

Amazing how your TWU is never accountable, it is always someone or something else to blame.

The reason headcount will drop by 50% is because you voted yes for a 35% outsource scope clause combined with new aircraft arrival.

But hey, go ahead and blame everything and everyone else. You got your's Brother!

It appears the VERMONT PLAN is what we ratified and the urgence of the TWU Leadership.

In Solidarity,
CIO

HAHAHA!!! CIO what are you smoking? Did you forget who the new CEO will be in about 6 months. The outsource king, D. Parker. Whats even more F..KEd up is that the TWU gave him a contract with no job security.

The problem with the TWU, the International stooges and people like you and Overspeed is that you guys do not listen to the membership. We got hosed in 2003 and we the membership (on the line and 26% of you in Tulsa)have repeatly said that no more concessions for jobs. Now the TWU is having meetings in Tulsa to stop card drives. I wonder why. Actually I do, buts another thread, but you get my point.

That's why I really think you and Overspeed are international stooges. You simply won't listen and are stubborn as hell.

In Solidarity, Give me a break!! This union doesn't know what that word means anymore.

Go Amfa!!

Reactions: 2 people
Not taking up for Parker, but the outsourcing on the East wasnt done by Parker, and he has actually brought more maintenance and reservations work back in-house.

Base Maintenance situation differs from Line
Both 514 and 567 have built assets over time, but…
In total, Base maintenance employees will be reduced by about 50% by 2017
Local 567 will lose 2/3rd of its membership within ~2 years
More profound headcount reductions than line will drive dues cliff almost immediately
Combined with loss of UBP revenue, an aggressive response is needed to preserve quality representation
Dues reduction and UBP losses combine for a run rate reduction of nearly $2 million in revenue annually
page 13

source: TWU ATD presentation on local 591

ask your TWU Rep for a copy of the:

Consolidating AA Maintenance and Related Locals
Financial Rationale

Whats even more striking is that nearly all the loss of Dues revenue will be from the Bases but they decided to liquidate the Line Locals.

Reactions: 1 person
Here we go again! AMFA is not on the property and for days you have claimed lack of support. Yet today it is AMFA's fault that the Tulsa Base headcount will drop by 50%.

Amazing how your TWU is never accountable, it is always someone or something else to blame.

The reason headcount will drop by 50% is because you voted yes for a 35% outsource scope clause combined with new aircraft arrival.

But hey, go ahead and blame everything and everyone else. You got your's Brother!

It appears the VERMONT PLAN is what we ratified and the urgence of the TWU Leadership.

I think that the 50% reduction is projections based upon new aircraft, not the 35% outsourcing, that would be in addition to that.

So lets say the new aircraft bring us down to 7000 mechanics, if they outsource 35% of the spend that could easily reduce the number of mechanics 4500. In other words line maint plus around 800 or so OH. Would it be worthwhile to keep Tulsa open for 800 mechanics or move whats left of OH to Texas?

I think Ream was being more honest than our appointed ATD representatives when he said this deal would allow the company to get rid of enough OH where Tulsa would not be the majority anymore. He said that to guys in LGA and JFK. His manager, Evie Rodriguez was saying it as well.

It's so G D fitting that those ASSS Holes in Tulsa LOSE the Most Jobs. It makes me happier than one could ever know!

It's Not easy for a southern base to finally change thier 'Culture' to oppose the F'n worthless TWU, BUT AFW Did It, and to them I say CONGRATS. You Stood-Up like Men, alongside your brothers in predicatble stations like JFK or LGA or BOS (LA too I think), all the While MIA was still playing a tune on the old (TWU) 'Skin Flute' !

Again,....................F U...TUL, and CONGRATS AFW !

AFW was forced to do it by closing the doors, give me a break New Hampshire. I personally don't know many that want to keep the TWU in Tulsa including myself. Problem is we have too many old timers here set in their ways and are scared to change the union.

Old timers lol check the senority list.

most guys started hiring in 85

i bet there is less than 300 guys with over 30 years

I suspect the challenge is not as much to convince "old timers" so to say but to get guys with ten years or less to understand that our attempt to fix the standard of living for ourselves targets them the most. These folks haven't been crapped on as long as many of us and either have formed the attitude that TWBoo shananagins are to be expected or they just haven't experienced the Aircraft Mechanic 'pride' of days past and just don't care. These are the folks we need get to raise their heads and see what can be.