Twa Seniority Lawsuit Dismissed

Just for clarity, it was the APFA merger committee who told S. Cooper and the IAM they would not be stapled. Second, big purple print = maturity? Gee, who would have thought it?

Of all people to crow about this victory, THB surprises me the most. Set on re-uniting APFA and showing her best side, and saying she is a joiner and healer rather than divider and hater, she cannot resist rubbing TWAers noses in it. Not a good move to take against your own members and those who helped vote you into office. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier...

Fly said:
Be careful what you wish for Proud......AA now has their scabs should you EVER complain about a crappy contract. The TWA f/a's should have received integration....especially after it was promised from the beginning. People in glass houses, yada yada yada. Hope this doesn't come back to bite you when the LCC's take over your airline and you get stapled.
[post="205131"][/post]​

How did you feel about the US flight attendants receiving their seniority in the proposed UA/US merger?

its done its over-we should have never been in this position in the first place but da judge has ruled-
can we please move on-get as many of us back to work as possible and be adults----------please?

L1011Ret said:
The judge has said that the RLA trumps a tort suit. It is likely it will be appealed. It isn't over.
[post="205125"][/post]​

What is it about the RLA that trumps the tort suit in the judge's view? Was it the recognition of APFA as the single union representative entity that is being referred to?

aafsc said:
How did you feel about the US flight attendants receiving their seniority in the proposed UA/US merger?
[post="205151"][/post]​

The judge did not rule on the merits of the TWA case - rather that it should have been under RLA.

So, basically they could promise US air f/a's anything - but not follow thru with the promises. Unless United is a fair union. I would hope they would treat the US air f/a's fairly. However, apfa/aa may have changed that for all carriers. There is established case law now! Talk about unions screwing union people.

Drippy Quill said:
TWAers at AA are underfire again...furloughs handed out this week, eff. Dec 4th, and eff. Dec 17th....MERRY CHRISTMAS from AA!!!
[post="205074"][/post]​

All Don Carty did was prolong your misery when he made the dumb a_ _ decision to purchase TWA.His ego got in the way and there was no way that AA could support the EXCESS capacity.
I'm very sorry for all TWA employees that Don Carty screwed you by purchasing TWA.He did the exact opposite of Robert Crandall who preached for years growing the airline from the inside out.[2 exceptions Air Cal and Reno Air]
When I came to work at AA in 1985 AA's route system was very weak on the west coast.So Crandall's decision to purchase 2 relatively young airlines with strong west coast presence turned out to be a good one.
History is making Robert Crandall look a lot better than he did during his tenure at AA.
The problem with TWA was that their route system overlapped AA's too much and Don Carty did not have the sense to see this or didn't care.
His decision to grow AA when the excess capacity problem was already rearing its ugly head will go down as one of the all-time debacles in the airline business.

Quote from goingboeing - The problem with TWA was that their route system overlapped AA's too much and Don Carty did not have the sense to see this or didn't care.

Goingboeing - that is exactly why Carty wanted TWA - to reduce competition.

jsn25911 said:
Quote from goingboeing - The problem with TWA was that their route system overlapped AA's too much and Don Carty did not have the sense to see this or didn't care.
Goingboeing - that is exactly why Carty wanted TWA - to reduce competition.
[post="205183"][/post]​

Your statement makes good sense.

Fly said:
Be careful what you wish for Proud......AA now has their scabs should you EVER complain about a crappy contract.
[post="205131"][/post]​
Thanks for your support, but don't assume every TWA person will scab if a strike ever occurs. This one certainly has no intention of doing so.

MK

THB should not count on a victory yet, the fighting has just begun. Has she ever heard of the word appeal? BIG, BIG suprises are at work as I speak. Sorry, but I cannot comment any further. Relax, seat back, and enjoy the fight! :D

twasilverbullet said:
THB should not count on a victory yet, the fighting has just begun. Has she ever heard of the word appeal? BIG, BIG suprises are at work as I speak. Sorry but I cannot comment any further. Relax, seat back, and enjoy the fight! :D
[post="205192"][/post]​

OK, Let's ALL do that. I have been all along. :up:

*Proud*AAf/a* said:
I for one who came to AA off the street, am relieved its over. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. I just could not understand why the TWA f/a's thought they should have any Seniority. AA company transfers never receive what TWA f/a's got (Pay credit at top scale). Justice prevailed, for a change!!! Yes!!! Now if we could exclude TWA f/a's from the recall rights, then we can keep the bad blood from poisoning the system!!! Oh and if anyone wants to answer this one. If you left TWA (when the writing on the wall was clear) and went to AA and started from the bottom again. Should they have had their Seniority bridged too? Oh well... Another day another dollar...
Oh and if your wondering why I'm being so harsh. It's all those bitter f/a's from TWA that disgraced AA when they were still flying. Two examples: Loosy service, with attitude, I received as a full revenue customer from HNL-STL in 2002. Also for the f/a's that kept pestering me in MIA, with their sarcasm, and stressful commute issues. We all have our share of challenges, some more than others. That's life...

[post="205120"][/post]​

Wow, what arrogance!! :shock:

Oh, and none of the "real" AA flight attendants are EVER bitter, a disgrace to the co. or provide lousy service. And dear, your f/a's wrote the book on attitude. It sounds like you had a few bad experiences and decided to blame all the TWA folk.
F/A's are the same everywhere. Give me a break. :down:

firstamendment said:
Wow, what arrogance!! :shock:

Oh, and none of the "real" AA flight attendants are EVER bitter, a disgrace to the co. or provide lousy service. And dear, your f/a's wrote the book on attitude. It sounds like you had a few bad experiences and decided to blame all the TWA folk.
F/A's are the same everywhere. Give me a break. :down:
[post="205194"][/post]​

*Proud*AAf/a* said:
I for one who came to AA off the street, am relieved its over. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. I just could not understand why the TWA f/a's thought they should have any Seniority. AA company transfers never receive what TWA f/a's got (Pay credit at top scale). Justice prevailed, for a change!!! Yes!!! Now if we could exclude TWA f/a's from the recall rights, then we can keep the bad blood from poisoning the system!!! Oh and if anyone wants to answer this one. If you left TWA (when the writing on the wall was clear) and went to AA and started from the bottom again. Should they have had their Seniority bridged too? Oh well... Another day another dollar...
Oh and if your wondering why I'm being so harsh. It's all those bitter f/a's from TWA that disgraced AA when they were still flying. Two examples: Loosy service, with attitude, I received as a full revenue customer from HNL-STL in 2002. Also for the f/a's that kept pestering me in MIA, with their sarcasm, and stressful commute issues. We all have our share of challenges, some more than others. That's life...

[post="205120"][/post]​
Yes, do show some class. People like you are the ones who have given us AA flight attendants a bad name. A great injustice has been done to the former TWA flight attendants not only by the courts but by people like you. I would rather work a flight with any former TWA flight attendant than a whimp like you. You are a disgrace. Hope I never get a chance to work with you. By the way, I never had anything but superior service from former TWA flight attendants...so, it must have been your attitude not theirs. Grow up!...it's a sad day for unionism.
Before I forget...you don't have to say you came off the street...it's obvious!

Latest posts

Back