Twa Seniority Lawsuit Dismissed

aafsc said:
How did you feel about the US flight attendants receiving their seniority in the proposed UA/US merger?
[post="205151"][/post]​
I was under the impression that it was going to be straight 'date of hire'....is that not correct? When Pan Am people came to United, that was how they did it too. Slotted right in

*Proud*AAf/a* said:
I for one who came to AA off the street, am relieved its over. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. I just could not understand why the TWA f/a's thought they should have any Seniority. AA company transfers never receive what TWA f/a's got (Pay credit at top scale). Justice prevailed, for a change!!! Yes!!! Now if we could exclude TWA f/a's from the recall rights, then we can keep the bad blood from poisoning the system!!! Oh and if anyone wants to answer this one. If you left TWA (when the writing on the wall was clear) and went to AA and started from the bottom again. Should they have had their Seniority bridged too? Oh well... Another day another dollar...
Oh and if your wondering why I'm being so harsh. It's all those bitter f/a's from TWA that disgraced AA when they were still flying. Two examples: Loosy service, with attitude, I received as a full revenue customer from HNL-STL in 2002. Also for the f/a's that kept pestering me in MIA, with their sarcasm, and stressful commute issues. We all have our share of challenges, some more than others. That's life...

[post="205120"][/post]​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROUD,

Your "HANDLE" reminds me of my observations doing volunteer work for your airline and mine.

It has been about a year and a half since TWA F/A's flew their last flight. I was there on that day, as had been my custom for many recent years.

Something was very noticeable, which I would like to share with you. It is true, that was probably one of the most unhappy days in the lives of approximately 4,000 of our F/A's. There were many tears, as one would expect. There were pictures taken in spite of "suggestions" not to show emotion on that day. But there was something else which transcended that unhappy moment. There was a showing of pride which was almost unbelievable.

This was a group of employees loosing the jobs, financial security and everything else which YOU and your union decided belonged to you, because MR. Carty turned a blind eye to YOUR selfishness.

Well, PROUD, there is one thing neither you, or any one else, could or will ever take away from our F/A's. That is their PRIDE. Every one of them had more pride for their previous employer in their little finger than a few of the TWA haters on this board have in their entire bodies for their own airline.

No, PROUD, should the TWA F/A's ever return, they will not "poison" your system.
They would only make AA a BETTER airline.

Randy Kramer

latreal said:
CONTRADICTION!
[post="205195"][/post]​

Not really..AA f/a's, for what ever reason have had that reputation. I personally don't see it..at least now. That's why it surprised me of the mention of the TWA f/a's having attitude when so many feel the same about the AA ers. There is good and bad in ALL groups.

And, people don't like change. We at US gave the Trump f/a's their date of hire from Eastern and they still complained. But I know of not one person who conducted themselves with such venom. Adapting to change? Now that's life.

Fly said:
Let's not forget who taught ALL of us how to be gracious, helpful and kind. PanAm, Eastern and TWA!!!!
[post="205226"][/post]​

And PSA...what a great group of flight attendants. There is nothing left of PSA except the employees and I will tell you, for a group where basically 80% of their f/a's commute from the west coast, they are the kindest, most professional troopers out there..but in the beginning, even they complain alot when U bought them.

Yes, PROUD, again THAT is life. :p

extwacaptain said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROUD,

Your "HANDLE" reminds me of my observations doing volunteer work for your airline and mine.

It has been about a year and a half since TWA F/A's flew their last flight. I was there on that day, as had been my custom for many recent years.

Something was very noticeable, which I would like to share with you. It is true, that was probably one of the most unhappy days in the lives of approximately 4,000 of our F/A's. There were many tears, as one would expect. There were pictures taken in spite of "suggestions" not to show emotion on that day. But there was something else which transcended that unhappy moment. There was a showing of pride which was almost unbelievable.

This was a group of employees loosing the jobs, financial security and everything else which YOU and your union decided belonged to you, because MR. Carty turned a blind eye to YOUR selfishness.

Well, PROUD, there is one thing neither you, or any one else, could or will ever take away from our F/A's. That is their PRIDE. Every one of them had more pride for their previous employer in their little finger than a few of the TWA haters on this board have in their entire bodies for their own airline.

No, PROUD, should the TWA F/A's ever return, they will not "poison" your system.
They would only make AA a BETTER airline.

Randy Kramer
[post="205220"][/post]​

Well said, Randy

Fly said:
I was under the impression that it was going to be straight 'date of hire'....is that not correct? When Pan Am people came to United, that was how they did it too. Slotted right in
[post="205219"][/post]​
That was the AFA standard with combining AFA represented carriers. Is there a provision to a combo with a non AFA carrier. Is it the same or handled on a case by case basis?

jsn25911 said:
Not only did TWA lose - but case law has been set for other airline combination.
As I often have posted - be careful what you wish for. AA's time is yet to come- but it will.
[post="205106"][/post]​

This out come in no way determines other airlines combinations unless they are exactly the same as AA/TWA. Different agreements will equal different outcomes. As many times as we heard that the Reno/AA deal was not precedent it now seems that it was.

FA Mikey said:
That was the AFA standard with combining AFA represented carriers. Is there a provision to a combo with a non AFA carrier. Is it the same or handled on a case by case basis?
[post="205304"][/post]​

Mikey

What has generally happened in the past is that as soon as a non AFA airline is bought, they jump on the bandwagon of AFA and vote them in because when a merger takes place, you vote on your representation. Once that carrier becomes AFA, the date of hire clause kicks in. Funny how other carriers won't nothing to do with AFA until their asses may be put to the bottom of a senority list.

If I were asked for a change of any kind, I would only have that protection if you were AFA upon the announced transaction. Other then that, you are on your own. In the case of U buying PSA, they were not originally AFA, so I am less about 1000 numbers and about 200 as per the Trump/EAL Shuttle f/a's.

And by the way, that clause was heavily supported and written by none other than the current AFA President Pat Friend. Where is she from? UAL, the biggest proponents at the time of senority protection.

I have no problem with day of hire, but I can understand the position of the average AA f/a. I just thought PROUD was a bit rough on the TWA f/a's. In this clmate, it would behoove all f/a's to have that protection. Never say it won't happen. I never would have thought this industry would have deteriorated to what it has, but...well we all know the reality.

Fly said:
Be careful what you wish for Proud......AA now has their scabs should you EVER complain about a crappy contract. The TWA f/a's should have received integration....especially after it was promised from the beginning. People in glass houses, yada yada yada. Hope this doesn't come back to bite you when the LCC's take over your airline and you get stapled.
[post="205131"][/post]​

What a slap in the face to say that about TWA flight attendants. Some were out on strike for years after being replaced in 86. To imply they would scab now is an insult to their character.

I hope you were trying to offer a compliment and simply got your words confused.

Fly said:
[post="205219"][/post]​

Untrue. When UAL purchased Pan Am's Pacific routes, AFA tried to put the former PA flight attendants at the bottom of the seniority list. IUFA, which represented PA flight attendants, took AFA to court, and the award placed the most senior PA flight attendant going over at 1500 on the seniority list, with the remainder being slotted in by some ratio.

So, I guess AFA's "straight date of hire" might only apply to those acquired employees represented by AFL-CIO unions.

The seniority issue among F/As at AA is certainly not precedent setting in any way. The Judge never discussed the seniority issue. What she did say, was that had IAM filed a lawsuit under the RLA in timely fashion, the outcome might have been quite different.

s80dude said:
What a slap in the face to say that about TWA flight attendants. Some were out on strike for years after being replaced in 86. To imply they would scab now is an insult to their character.

I hope you were trying to offer a compliment and simply got your words confused.
[post="205343"][/post]​
What slap in the face and what insult to our character are you talking about? We don't consider apfa a union, a nazi regime YES!, a union NO! :angry:

Latest posts

Back