Twa Seniority Lawsuit Dismissed

AAmech said:
The 737 Hangers are "Nose In" docks so the Tail stands are on wheels and were always being towed in and out whenever moving the AC. It's an annoying waste of time but its not difficult to move them. The last I saw one tail stand was now in the "Drop In" line where they seem to do a lot of 737 work. The other was sitting on the ramp along with the 737 wing docks. The only work stands left are the nose docks whick Fac maint adjusted lower for the MD80.
[post="227229"][/post]​
<_< Strange! How can I say this? The 737 tail docks we had here, didn't seem to be that "portable"! And how are you working on the tail of the MD80's?

TWA F/A's and Court, the never ending SAGA. Anyone want to throw out their opinion on the likely hood of a sucessfull appeal? I say 0%.

IORFA said:
TWA F/A's and Court, the never ending SAGA. Anyone want to throw out their opinion on the likely hood of a sucessfull appeal? I say 0%.
[post="227255"][/post]​

Anyone want to throw out their opinion on how much this appeal is going to cost APFA? I say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :D

The IAM or someone else, is also going to have to pony up some cash to keep the ball rolling. Maybe they won't see the point in wasting the money. Don't worry about APFA's cash, they aren't going away anytime soon.

aafsc said:
I don't know the details of this grievence, in fact, this is the first time I heard of it. Overall, I agree with you on this one because Kasher seems to have based his ruling on "what the respective groups brought to the table". He might rule that since there are currently 83 former TWA aircraft (64 MD-80s and 19 757s) flying around in the AA system that there has to be a commensurate number of former TWA overhaul mechanics to perform heavy maintanence on these aircraft. I'm speculating, but if it is true that AA will only sign a lease for the two "super bays", would that not be just enough hangar space to perform heavy maintanence on 83 planes?
[post="206084"][/post]​

Then, using that logic, ex-twa fleet service clerks should be the ones unloading and loading the ex-TWA planes too right?

twasilverbullet said:
Anyone want to throw out their opinion on how much this appeal is going to cost APFA? I say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :D
[post="227273"][/post]​

well we lost our appeal at reno and im going 822RA_0599_1.jpgto say TWA will loose 2 :shock:

Bob Owens said:
Then, using that logic, ex-twa fleet service clerks should be the ones unloading and loading the ex-TWA planes too right?
[post="227311"][/post]​

They are. TWA had about 206 aircraft and about 3000 fleetservice. 3,000/206=14.57 rampers per TWA aircraft. Now there are 83 ex-TWA aircraft and 1110 ex-TWA fleetservice. 1110/83=13.38 rampers per ex-TWA aircraft. The miniscule difference of 1.19 is probably the result of AA closing TWA's small stations like Lincoln, Nebraska and Sioux City, Iowa, etc, retirements, terminations and the like, the 70% reduction of the STL hub, and the Kasher ruling. As you know, I feel that it should have been a pure staple but I was just speculating about how Kasher thinks based on his arbitration. It should be noted that the 19 ex-TWA 757s (with the Pratt and Whitney engines) will be almost certainly be gone in 2007 when the leases expire and as the ex-TWA MD-80 leases expire they can be returned. Less former TWA aircraft in the future means less former TWA maintanence in the future.

IORFA said:
The IAM or someone else, is also going to have to pony up some cash to keep the ball rolling. Maybe they won't see the point in wasting the money.
[post="227304"][/post]​
The point of L1011Ret's post was that the IAM is going to foot the bill. We're not speculating anymore. The decision is going to be appealed.

MK

aafsc said:
They are. TWA had about 206 aircraft and about 3000 fleetservice. 3,000/206=14.57 rampers per TWA aircraft. Now there are 83 ex-TWA aircraft and 1110 ex-TWA fleetservice. 1110/83=13.38 rampers per ex-TWA aircraft. The miniscule difference of 1.19 is probably the result of AA closing TWA's small stations like Lincoln, Nebraska and Sioux City, Iowa, etc, retirements, terminations and the like, the 70% reduction of the STL hub, and the Kasher ruling. As you know, I feel that it should have been a pure staple but I was just speculating about how Kasher thinks based on his arbitration. It should be noted that the 19 ex-TWA 757s (with the Pratt and Whitney engines) will be almost certainly be gone in 2007 when the leases expire and as the ex-TWA MD-80 leases expire they can be returned. Less former TWA aircraft in the future means less former TWA maintanence in the future.
[post="227359"][/post]​
<_< For a afc, your asuming a lot, arn't you? by 2007, none of us may be here? :shock:

aafsc said:
Very well could be true!
[post="227545"][/post]​
<_< aa----- Lesson in Ecconomics 101! If the fromer TWA A/C are making a.a. money and the lease rates are faverable, a.a. will renew those lease! If not, they will dump them! That's true with any of a.a.'s A/C! We know what your agenda is! To dump everything, and everyone, that was TWA! Ever think, maybe that's not quit the case with a.a.? Their first prerecusate should be making a profit! There is a differance! :shock:

MCI transplant said:
<_< aa----- Lesson in Ecconomics 101! If the fromer TWA A/C are making a.a. money and the lease rates are faverable, a.a. will renew those lease! If not, they will dump them! That's true with any of a.a.'s A/C! We know what your agenda is! To dump everything, and everyone, that was TWA! Ever think, maybe that's not quit the case with a.a.? Their first prerecusate should be making a profit! There is a differance! :shock:
[post="227647"][/post]​

Your making me laugh! That is not my agenda. In fact, nothing would make me happier than to see everyone (including former TWA) who wants to work at AA be able to do so at a decent wage. But your "agenda" is for former TWA people to regain their former TWA seniority at AA and just crap all over the nAAtives. This "agenda" is implied in your posts in that you are not happy with your full TWA seniority only in MCI and STL which is all that TWA had anyway. The 19 ex-TWA 757s will almost certainly be returned to the lessors in 2007 simply because they have different engines than the origional AA 757s and it is just not cost effective for AA to have to stock a different engine type for such a small fleet of planes.

aafsc said:
Your making me laugh! That is not my agenda. In fact, nothing would make me happier than to see everyone (including former TWA) who wants to work at AA be able to do so at a decent wage. But your "agenda" is for former TWA people to regain their former TWA seniority at AA and just crap all over the nAAtives. This "agenda" is implied in your posts in that you are not happy with your full TWA seniority only in MCI and STL which is all that TWA had anyway. The 19 ex-TWA 757s will almost certainly be returned to the lessors in 2007 simply because they have different engines than the origional AA 757s and it is just not cost effective for AA to have to stock a different engine type for such a small fleet of planes.
[post="227703"][/post]​
<_< a.a. Your right, and your wrong! You may be right on the 757's, but your wrong on the seniority thing! This is your hange up, not mine! The Seniority issue will be worked out in due course! And no matter what the outcome, neather you, or myself ,well have any effect on it!! I can live with that! Can you????