Twinkees Dead, Union Charged with Ho-Homicide..

Last time I checked, if you couldn't afford to live somewhere, you moved !

Not always so simple. We ARE our brothers keeper, the question is, is the Government our brothers keeper? For me the answer is a resounding NO! ONE visit to the Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation should convince you that the Lakota have had just about all the help they can stand.

So in other words..the American way has increased the standards of living in third world countries, and in order to compete in a global marketplace, it is now the US turn to become more like a third world country. Got it.
not bad.....

globalization means no one country can stand on their own in a connected world. If you want to enjoy part of someone else's wealth, you also enjoy part of their problems. That is why the US can't resist becoming just like Europe or Japan economically - except Japanese save while Americans don't.

There are undoubtedly a few islands left somewhere in the world for those who don't wish to be "connected to the grid."

not bad.....

globalization means no one country can stand on their own in a connected world. If you want to enjoy part of someone else's wealth, you also enjoy part of their problems. That is why the US can't resist becoming just like Europe or Japan economically - except Japanese save while Americans don't.

There are undoubtedly a few islands left somewhere in the world for those who don't wish to be "connected to the grid."

It isn't the fact of not being connected to the grid, it's watching as they reap our rewards by turning us into a third world country. Wages are either falling or our buying power is shrinking. If we have to be connected to the grid, then lets see the prices of food, oil and shelter drop also.

It is obvious, that the only ones who want to put the bad idea crowd on an island are those who are profitting off of the rest of us.

Knocking it? Not at all, because I'm not going to stop or change it. Just adding a human side to the figures that have us paying for everything we worked for.

it's watching as they reap our rewards by turning us into a third world country.

Just adding a human side to the figures that have us paying for everything we worked for.

Check out the human side in a real third-world country and be thankful for your hardship.

So in other words..the American way has increased the standards of living in third world countries, and in order to compete in a global marketplace, it is now the US turn to become more like a third world country. Got it.

Don't know if you saw Andy Stern proudly claim 'workers of the world unite' and' we have to all come together as one'......He wasn't talking about bringing world wages to the US level by any means.....Our wealth and lifestyle is wrong in the communist workers world. It is us who must now sacrifice and learn to live as they have.

Don't know if you saw Andy Stern proudly claim 'workers of the world unite' and' we have to all come together as one'......He wasn't talking about bringing world wages to the US level by any means.....Our wealth and lifestyle is wrong in the communist workers world. It is us who must now sacrifice and learn to live as they have.
And isn't it funny that the capitalists are the ones who want the US standard to fall to communist level...at least for the folks doing the REAL work...you know, that group that we used to call "the middle class".

And isn't it funny that the capitalists are the ones who want the US standard to fall to communist level...at least for the folks doing the REAL work...you know, that group that we used to call "the middle class".

We haven't had Capitalism here since 1913, what are you talking about?

It isn't the fact of not being connected to the grid, it's watching as they reap our rewards by turning us into a third world country. Wages are either falling or our buying power is shrinking. If we have to be connected to the grid, then lets see the prices of food, oil and shelter drop also.

It is obvious, that the only ones who want to put the bad idea crowd on an island are those who are profitting off of the rest of us.

Knocking it? Not at all, because I'm not going to stop or change it. Just adding a human side to the figures that have us paying for everything we worked for.
I'm not disagreeing with you or saying that where the US has moved is good for the American people. I am saying that economically the US had no choice but to push for global trade because the world was an economic wreck post WWII while the US had an enormously powerful industrial engine that it had to either quickly convert to peacetime use or dismantle it at the expense of millions of jobs.

IN the decades after WWII, the US industrial and agricultural machine gave the US an economic advantage that no other country could match. Ironically, it was Japan and Germany, who the US most helped recover from WWII that fared the best as the US taught them how to rebuild their economies.

As other economies grew, they wanted a piece of the action as well and it became impossible to exclude them. More recently, it has been American consumer spending and American industrial and agricultural expertise that has fueled the growth of the developing world.

WWII was a pivotal point in the development of the western economic system and it made the US so much more powerful than any other country that it became impossible for it to be sustained without spreading the wealth that the US created to other countries.

The human cost has come in the developed countries esp. in Europe and Japan which made enormous social promises as they rebuilt their societies; it is now apparent that those promises cannot be kept because those countries are not creating enough wealth to support the social systems that were created.

The US is only slightly better off because we didn't make promises that were near as large and because private enterprise took greater responsibility for providing those benefits than did government.

The flip side is that life really is better for many of the poorest of the poor. While the standard of living in many parts of the world is still horrid by western standards, there are many people in the world who are better off today than they or their families were 20 years ago.

Being a part of the global economy has certainly been costly to a lot of Americans but few people consider what would have happened if the US had chosen economic isolationism.

It makes it pretty hard to understand why Twinkies aren't made anymore and why it is so difficult to push up US wages without understanding these dynamics.

And again I'll point out , that if companys are wanting to turn us into a 3rd world country, they have their biggest support, sitting in the White House, at this very moment !

Spend, Baby, Spend !

And again I'll point out , that if companys are wanting to turn us into a 3rd world country, they have their biggest support, sitting in the White House, at this very moment !

Spend, Baby, Spend !

I'm sorry south...did Obama mandate that companies start paying Walmart wages? Seemed like that started happening long before Obama took office....why in your industry, All those great bankruptcies after unions gave concessions only served to drive the average pay lower...and that was in an industry that is hard (not impossible, but harder) to offshore than most others. And I seem to recall a guy named "George" was in the White House.

I'm sorry south...did Obama mandate that companies start paying Walmart wages? Seemed like that started happening long before Obama took office....why in your industry, All those great bankruptcies after unions gave concessions only served to drive the average pay lower...and that was in an industry that is hard (not impossible, but harder) to offshore than most others. And I seem to recall a guy named "George" was in the White House.

What is wrong with WalMart wages?

Latest posts

Back