Two new cities on Friday

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Two new cities will be announced Friday:

Article

Given the clue "seeks to focus on less competitive routes where it can charge more for tickets" I'm going to go out on a limb and say Miami/MIA and Charlotte/CLT. High-priced markets with minimal compietition (airTran is the only LCC at either) that demand premium airfares. They are huge markets to the Northeast and with the exception of competing service to LaGuardia (Delta at MIA; Delta Connection and American Eagle at CLT) their hub airlines enjoy an almost complete monopoly to the markets. MIA has the added benefit of being a jetBlue crew base and already having a large customer base, so no need to build it up.

Figured out how you found it, perhaps you are right, although there are more cities there:)

Figured out how you found it, perhaps you are right, although there are more cities there:)

Yes, but the other cities don't have any information past the heading. When you look at Miami and Palm Springs, and click on "eat", "see", and "do", there are listings. Not so for the rest. Interesting, but there is a good chance it has nothing to do with anything.

I've got Uconn, Duke, BC, and , oh wait a minute, wrong pool.

My guess is that the new stations will be served to Boston and JFK with 190's. They will need available gates, and based on Neeleman's recengt comments, they will be overpriced and have limited competition. With that said, I'm going with PIT and CLT.

One of the cities used to be a large US Airways hub.
The other hosted the Super Bowl last year.
Just from the rumors I've heard...

Latest posts