Two Thoughts To Share :

Fatherknowsbest

Advanced
Sep 19, 2003
Share price 10 minutes ago - $3.08 Down 8% today.
Wall Street doesn't like the new CEO?

CEO Lakefield (I Fear) is as removed from the REAL goings ons at U as Siegel was. His letter to all employees yesterday was HOEY!

I don't know enyone who wanted to hear praises about the dear departed!
Siegel was about as unliked as any CEO I know of, for a reason. The man is small in stature and small in vision.

What we needed to hear day one IMHO was pretty simple.
That Airways is going to be full of something missing for years,
I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y!

Integrity with customers, employees , contracts, the communities we serve, and
the Governments (local, state , federal) we deal with.

I did not hear ANY of that!

Shame on you Doc Bronner!

All you did was reshuffle the worst deck of cards EVER in the airline industry.

Rumor has it C.D. McClane (not sure if thats how he spells it) is being interviewed, use to be with Piedmont and I think is with Contiental now.

Today stock down under $3 to 2.88. Another drop of over 6% at 350p. The Airline sector has been up an average of 10% in 2 days, while UAIR has been down over 15% in same time period.

New CEO was thru CLT today on the way to DCA. Agents who worked the gate said he didn't even bother to talk to any Employees.

I am not impressed. More importantly, neither is Wallstreet!

luvthe9 said:
Rumor has it C.D. McClane (not sure if thats how he spells it) is being interviewed, use to be with Piedmont and I think is with Contiental now.
To do what exactly? He was Piedmont's VP of Flight Training (prior to that it was a director level position), a position created for him by his pal Gordon Bethune. If he is coming to kick operations in the butt, then this is a good thing. CD knows operations. I'd like to see him turned loose in that hornets nest in PHL...and watch from a safe distance.

A320 Driver B)

Friday's stock update. Down .31 to $2.59 - almost 11% today and 24% in 3 days!

Who is selling? Why isn't Bronner buying?

I remember CD from the ATL days , see I really am old . CD could get the job done but boy , he's got a temper . I've seen more than one person get their @zz chewed out when CD went on a tirade . Just wonder if he's mellowed in his older years or a true curmudgeon .