TWU also going after JB mechanics and other groups

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Kind of knew this was coming. Would like to hear from some JB mechanics on their thoughts. I think it is time for JB mechanics to get unionized, just wouldn't agree with you guys going with an industrial union that would be better off representing in a different field other than mechanics. Wait for all the promises and guarantees from the TWU and what they say they will do for you. Just be aware guys and get educated before filling any cards out. Good luck guys and get very informed with who you really want to represent your futures...

JetBlue Had No Unions For 14 Years. Now Labor Is Targeting Four Separate Work Groups

“When we complete this contract with the flight attendants, we look forward to organizing the mechanics and gate agents,” said John Samuelsen, international president. “We are already having those discussions.”

Hey JB mechanics, did you guys go unionized representation? If so when and who?? Did we all miss something???
Here's why. Read this article and notice the quote para that says the mechanics voted earlier this year to go union representation and therefore they will not see any jobs cut.
I thought I saved it but can't find the exact article now, if I do I will post it.

So did you guys ever vote on union representation?
Did the TWU have a successful drive?
If I were you guys I would go with AMFA. A much better choice for the Class and Craft of mechanics. Just look over at AA who is now doing an AMFA card drive and it is stronger than ever before and they have the TWU/IAM asso. They are sick and tired of the TWU so why would you guys go with them???

Rumor that Jetblue has raised its mechanics pay above that of American and United. Anyone have numbers and facts?

Rumor that Jetblue has raised its mechanics pay above that of American and United. Anyone have numbers and facts?
Doing a quick internet search I found numbers from 26-36 mechanics pay at JB. If they were or did get brought up to and over UAL and AA that would mean nearly 20 per hour increase if going by the internet search numbers. Not really sure where the JB mechs are at currently. Maybe someone can chime in that works A&P mechanic at JB.