Twu Hypocrisy

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Maybe Bob Owens can answer this.

Sonny Hall and the TWU removed Owens and Shalk from their elected positions. But why hasn't Sonny Hall removed Local 100 President Toussant for supporting Shalk and Owens and the right for the mechanics to have their own union!

WASN'T TOUSSANT BEING DISLOYAL TO THE TWU FOR FAILING TO KISS HALL'S RING?

Hopeful said:

Sonny Hall and the TWU removed Owens and Shalk from their elected positions. But why hasn't Sonny Hall removed Local 100 President Toussant for supporting Shalk and Owens and the right for the mechanics to have their own union!

Because if he tried his members would likely storm the Internationals offices on Broadway (The International had for over 70 years shared its address with Local 100 however Sonny decided that the West Side was not swank enough so he moved to Broadway).

Not only that but since they are under the NLRB and Localized in New York City they could organize new union and a card drive and leave the TWU if the International tried to take over.

I have no doubt that the members of Local 562 would leave the TWU if given the chance also, that includes Title 1, II and Stores but the rules under the RLA and our structure under the ATD make it much more difficult to organize any resistance to the International. Thats why I encourage everyone to go on Hand Pay. Its one of the few ways that you can show discontent to the International and remind them that we pay them more than the company does. When Local officers relay our discontent they are told by the International that "they" have to "be leaders" and find a way to get their members to accept what the International wants to do to them.

Toussaint was being loyal to the Constitution of the TWU, and he is committed to rebuilding this union into the organization it once was. I support and admire his efforts however I realize that our best choice is to go with AMFA, a union that can focus on our issues and unite mechanics across the industry.

Bob Owens said:
Hopeful said:

Because if he tried his members would likely storm the Internationals offices on Broadway (The International had for over 70 years shared its address with Local 100 however Sonny decided that the West Side was not swank enough so he moved to Broadway).

Not only that but since they are under the NLRB and Localized in New York City they could organize new union and a card drive and leave the TWU if the International tried to take over.

I have no doubt that the members of Local 562 would leave the TWU if given the chance also, that includes Title 1, II and Stores but the rules under the RLA and our structure under the ATD make it much more difficult to organize any resistance to the International. Thats why I encourage everyone to go on Hand Pay. Its one of the few ways that you can show discontent to the International and remind them that we pay them more than the company does. When Local officers relay our discontent they are told by the International that "they" have to "be leaders" and find a way to get their members to accept what the International wants to do to them.

Toussaint was being loyal to the Constitution of the TWU, and he is committed to rebuilding this union into the organization it once was. I support and admire his efforts however I realize that our best choice is to go with AMFA, a union that can focus on our issues and unite mechanics across the industry.
:shock: Touissant won't even salute the American flag. And you admire him???? :shock:

Get's no repsect from me no matter how great you think he is for unionism!!!! :down: :down: :angry:

Why don't you talk him into going for Delle's Job????? :up: :up: :up:

Since when does the TWU care about the flag? You bums disrespected it with you little coffin antics. :down: :down: :down: :down:

twuer said:
Bob Owens said:
:shock: Touissant won't even salute the American flag. And you admire him???? :shock:

Get's no repsect from me no matter how great you think he is for unionism!!!! :down: :down: :angry:

Why don't you talk him into going for Delle's Job????? :up: :up: :up:
How would you know that? Did you ever ask him? I did. I've also spoken to his members who said that they open their meetings with the pledge of alliegence like everyone else, and he leads the pledge. I've seen him say the pledge. Does he salute it? As far as I know No. Do you? Are you a soldier or a policeman, fireman or other uniformed officer? Those are the only people I ever see salute the flag.

I'm not suprised that you would not respect a leader who puts his members first. Who slashed the salaries of local officials and clamped down on the frivolous waste of members dues. Who told the Mayor of New York to Shut Up and stop interfereing in the negotiations. Who fought against Sonny Hall in order to get his members a decent contract. Sonny's boys had put that Local into Bankruptcy and Rojer and his team restored it. Yea thats not your idea of Unionism. Yours must be more like Sonnys. Talk about politics, complain about the "lack of participation, have no tolerance for dissent, such up to management, bring back concessions year after year and most important of all, collect at least six figures while doing it! Yea thats what your type of Unionism is-get rich off the members then blame everything on them.

Delles job, I dont think that he is interested, although if he came into the airlines I would love to have him as our leader after Delle has one more term so he can see his dream come to fruition. He going to get Sonnys job after we go AMFA, fleet goes to the AGW and the Flight Attendants at SWA get fed up and leave too. Sure Sonny's camp got the Railroads, The school Bus drivers, and all the tiny locals but Local 234 will go with Local 100, that puts them over 40,000. That will be more than half of what is left of the TWU. So not only will Sonny be gone(he will likely appont OBrien before then), but Little, Drummond, Kerrigan, Bakala, Conley , Gless, Yingst and whoever else came from AA will be gone too.