TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

bigjets said:
FSC's at AA are paid on the higher end of the scale, AA mechs are the lowest paid mechs.
FSC are prominate at the twu ATD, there's one AMT who use to work at pan am, I'm guessing he's not in tune with today's airline AMT.
So what? How is that "the ramp's" fault?

You guys have had sh*t leadership taking advantage of a sh*t structure for long enough. Unfortunately, it hasn't yet gotten bad enough for everyone for it to be torn down. I honestly don't know what it will take.

bigjets said:
FSC's at AA are paid on the higher end of the scale, AA mechs are the lowest paid mechs.
FSC are prominate at the twu ATD, there's one AMT who use to work at pan am, I'm guessing he's not in tune with today's airline AMT.
bigjets, what am I paid compared to my peers? Honest question. I keep hearing this over and over from you guys
yet I haven't see a chart/comparison. Just curious.

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK said:
bigjets, what am I paid compared to my peers? Honest question. I keep hearing this over and over from you guys
I've posted those particulars in the past but they just ignore them. Can't lose all the other things to point fingers at instead of pointing fingers at themselves now can they?

AANOTOK said:
Is it the mechanics fault that nobody among the Fleet Group makes an effort to find out what other Fleet guys get? I just sent a copy of our agreement to a UAL mechanic last night who requested it. Mechanics talk to each other, maybe you guys should too.  The carriers certainly do, in fact they had a Lobby Group call the AIR Conference whose purpose was to process information to help carriers lower wages. Now I believe its part of A4A. Unfortunately Labor has never formed any such organization but mechanics on their own do collect such data. Local 591 has every available contract from our peers we could find on our website, doesn't yours? If not, why not? 

AIR Conference was merged in to Airlines for America on 12/31/11 after 40 years as a free-standing association. Most work has been outsourced.

AIR CONFERENCE is WAS a voluntary, non-profit association serving as the Washington-based labor policy organization of scheduled air carriers in the United States. Created in 1971 as a vehicle for dealing with accelerating labor costs on an industry-wide basis, AIR CONFERENCE provides for inter-carrier exchange of information on negotiations and other employee relations matters. It is the only legally approved forum for joint study of labor policy matters of common interest to the scheduled carriers. 

AIR CONFERENCE is governed by a Board of Directors composed of the Chief Executive Officers of all member carriers. The President of the Conference serves for a term of one year without compensation except for expenses authorized by the Advisory Board. The Advisory Board is composed of the chief employee relations officers at each member carrier. Annual operating budgets are determined by the Advisory Board subject to approval by the Board of Directors. General management of all Conference programs is under the direction of the Vice President.

http://airlines.org/about-us/a4a-executives/
ROB DELUCIA
Vice President, Labor and Employment, and Assistant General Counsel
In January 2012, Rob DeLucia joined Airlines for America (A4A) as Vice President, Labor and Employment, and Assistant General Counsel. His arrival at A4A coincided with the creation of the A4A Labor and Employment Council to strengthen and advance the labor relations and employment interests of A4A member carriers and employees.
Prior to joining A4A, DeLucia spent 29 years with the Airline Industrial Relations Conference (AIR Conference) in Washington, D.C. AIR Conference was a nonprofit trade association that facilitated the exchange of information among U.S. airlines regarding negotiations, benefits and human resource matters. During his tenure at AIR Conference and A4A, Rob has been actively involved in a number of employment- and aviation-related regulatory matters involving the Department of Labor, the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Mediation Board.

Rob began his legal career as an attorney at the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, and then worked in private practice at the firm of Jenkins, Nystrom & Sterlacci. Rob received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Delaware and a law degree from Georgetown University Law School.

I met that asswipe at a Conference where he introduced himself as "I'm the guy who gives you the information you need to scare your unions away".   Not surprisingly that was the source of Don Videtich's info during our negotiations. 

Reactions: 2 people
What the hell was that Bob? I'm asking a simple question from bigjets (or any other mechanic) to show me a comparison/chart relative to my peers. I don't need another clerk to show me. I want one who keeps throwing out those comparing to show me. I'm not denying it, just want proof if you guys are going to keep harping on it. I have no clue what you are saying. Proof from an accuser should be sufficient. It really is that simple, Bob.

WN: $25.97
DL: $24.82
UA: $ $24.60 (currently)
AS: $23.78 (goes to $24.14 on 6/1)

These are base rates only. And of course, base rates don't necessarily equate to total compensation.

...And Bob's right; we should all be talking to each other more. A lot more...

Kev3188 said:

These are base rates only. And of course, base rates don't necessarily equate to total compensation.

...And Bob's right; we should all be talking to each other more. A lot more...
Although I did want a mechanic to provide that info (that was the point) I will let you bail them out and go with your numbers.
Based on those numbers, you can put AA at number five. (wages only)

Kev3188 said:
So what? How is that "the ramp's" fault?

You guys have had sh*t leadership taking advantage of a sh*t structure for long enough. Unfortunately, it hasn't yet gotten bad enough for everyone for it to be torn down. I honestly don't know what it will take.
It is not the "Ramps" fault...

It is the fault of the structure of the AFL-CIO all the way down to the Union Locals. That is not necessarily a bad thing. 

However in this case, the result is that "Ramp" is compensated at or near the top of the pay scales and the Mechanic is, at least at AA are at the bottom. 

When you are in a union of this structure where the general thinking is that every member is an equal, then this is what happens.

Throw the A&P Mechanic into this mix and he wants to be recognized for his license based on his skill.

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK said:
Although I did want a mechanic to provide that info (that was the point) I will let you bail them out and go with your numbers.
Based on those numbers, you can put AA at number five. (wages only)
Sorry. I knew where you were going, but figured you'd be waiting a little bit.

Buck said:

It is the fault of the structure of the AFL-CIO all the way down to the Union Locals. That is not necessarily a bad thing. 

However in this case, the result is that "Ramp" is compensated at or near the top of the pay scales and the Mechanic is, at least at AA are at the bottom. 

When you are in a union of this structure where the general thinking is that every member is an equal, then this is what happens.

Throw the A&P Mechanic into this mix and he wants to be recognized for his license based on his skill.
We are equal in that we (labor) are all in this together. The battle shouldn't be with one ander, but rather against the monied interests whose goal is to get us to act against our best interest.

And yeah, you should get a license premium (or two), but that doesn't change the bigger picture.

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:

We are equal in that we (labor) are all in this together. The battle shouldn't be with one ander, but rather against the monied interests whose goal is to get us to act against our best interest.

And yeah, you should get a license premium (or two), but that doesn't change the bigger picture.
^^^^
this

Just wish people could begin to figure it out.

Buck said:

Yea but Buck a lot of people on these boards want to throw Fleet under the bus to say that they aren't being paid what they think they should be and that we have it better than them? The way I read it (And I think I'm off) you guys right now with your license are making a BASE rate of $36.00 per hour or $74,880 per year (Not again including a few other things)

A FSC is cureently making $23.00 or $47,840 per year (Not including a few other things)

Now I'm by far not saying that you don't deserve that or even hope in the future you make more. But you got to be kidding me when you wonder why some of us in Fleet call you guys elitists. Those guys who throw out Fleet to compare themselves looking for a woe is me, you got to be F'en kidding me?

AS: $23.78  $24.14 since it's before my next raise (goes to $24.14 on 6/1)

AA: $23.30 No, not the top nor top four...

AANOTOK said:
UA: $ $24.60 (currently) $25.35 with max longevity

AA: $23.30 No, not the top nor top three...
$23.00 is the BASE. .30 cents is the max longevity. UA is $24.60 with a max longevity of .75 cents.

Oh and WN, UAL and DL have shift differential that's not 1, 2 and 3 cents.

I just did what the TOS base is right now. UAs top out will increase a couple of more times over the life of their CBA, as will AS'... I did not include shift differential, longevity, or length of time to get to the top at any given carrier.

Latest posts