TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
given that the scheduled meetings are back to back to back in terms of week s in January  cant help but to wonder  if   just if there cld be a deal in the works  even during the holidays from the company to present to the union    It seems as though for the first time ever the company actually accepted the union's proposal as a starting point...  but one has to wonder  what is up the company's sleeve???   the devil is in the detail

robbedagain said:
given that the scheduled meetings are back to back to back in terms of week s in January  cant help but to wonder  if   just if there cld be a deal in the works  even during the holidays from the company to present to the union    It seems as though for the first time ever the company actually accepted the union's proposal as a starting point...  but one has to wonder  what is up the company's sleeve???   the devil is in the detail
robbed, and they also stated that they have agreed to meet as late each day as negotiations require.
Hopefully that's a good indication.

robbedagain said:
We all can't help but be skeptical....But scheduling 3 weeks of back to back meetings MIGHT mean they actually want to get this done. I don't understand for the life of me why some think they would want to prolong the ground workers' contracts......They settled with every other work group....I think once they lock us all in to our respective agreements, they will be one step closer to truly operating as a single carrier. The last steps would be to get both LAA and LUS fleets under the same certificate/program and flight ops....

i will admit that i am hopeful that something will happen but to be honest i dont really believe the company has any intention of reaching an agreement that would not include concessions. if they do i would be happy to eat crow.

dfw gen said:
i will admit that i am hopeful that something will happen but to be honest i dont really believe the company has any intention of reaching an agreement that would not include concessions. if they do i would be happy to eat crow.
I don't really know what work rules we have to give up, we gave everything in 2003/12. I can't imagine that The association and AA would take away from the LUS mechanics, our contract is so far below everyone else's, all we can do is come out ahead in this negotiations.

I think we are all suffering from battered mechanic syndrome.

Lol. Yea duke you are right. There is nothing in our contract that is desirable, the only thing we bring to the table are numbers. Pretty much anything is an improvement. One absoulout no vote is the IAMP pension. I simply do not have enough time to accumulate any benefit and have no desire to sacrifice for future generations.

AANOTOK said:
But I do understand in your position, politically correct is the only way...but, growing up has it's advantages!
Weaas is the face of the TWU this is typical of their behavior. They need to be replaced but nobody wants the job

Worldport said:
Weaas is the face of the TWU this is typical of their behavior. They need to be replaced but nobody wants the job
Not the face of anything or anyone except my own. I just support my Union and Unions period. It's a novel idea you may want to try sometime? Or is it just easier for so many of you to throw rocks on here when you can hide behind a costume name? I wasn't afraid of saying who I was the first time someone called me a coward. I've even said where I work, my gate and hours. What makes me laugh here on forums is when that same challenge is given to many of you all I get is dead air and more rocks.

We got a name for those types back in NY.

WeAAsles said:
Not the face of anything or anyone except my own. I just support my Union and Unions period. It's a novel idea you may want to try sometime? Or is it just easier for so many of you to throw rocks on here when you can hide behind a costume name? I wasn't afraid of saying who I was the first time someone called me a coward. I've even said where I work, my gate and hours. What makes me laugh here on forums is when that same challenge is given to many of you all I get is dead air and more rocks.

We got a name for those types back in NY.
I'm not throwing rocks, all I'm saying you're running for office and your being a wise a$$. You are typical TWU you think you know what's best for us and you're not even close. You call some AMTs on here elitist you should look in the mirror. All the TWU has done is take a decent job and dilute it and there is no way I can support that. It will be funny to listen to them take credit for what Parker has offered us months ago.

Worldport said:
I'm not throwing rocks, all I'm saying you're running for office and your being a wise a$$. You are typical TWU you think you know what's best for us and you're not even close. You call some AMTs on here elitist you should look in the mirror. All the TWU has done is take a decent job and dilute it and there is no way I can support that. It will be funny to listen to them take credit for what Parker has offered us months ago.
Sorry if being a wiseass offends you. No I'm not actually. You came on here a few weeks ago and made a beeline straight at me. I'm very sure you're someone who I work side by side with here in MIA and I can think of about a half dozen people would be my guess.

What's the matter? Can't throw stones with your real name huh? Did I block you on Facebook?

WeAAsles said:
Sorry if being a wiseass offends you. No I'm not actually. You came on here a few weeks ago and made a beeline straight at me. I'm very sure you're someone who I work side by side with here in MIA and I can think of about a half dozen people would be my guess.

What's the matter? Can't throw stones with your real name huh? Did I block you on Facebook?
You are getting warm,keep guessing. I would  broaden my search to more than half a dozen how about half the station.

Latest posts

Back