TWU is a shame

amtide

Advanced
Mar 5, 2012
At least we still have employees with dignity like the APA and APFA members. TWU (Little) decided to withdraw from the fight before it even start. To save lawyers fees? I can not say to be a proud TWU member, our union is a shame.

At least we still have employees with dignity like the APA and APFA members. TWU (Little) decided to withdraw from the fight before it even start. To save lawyers fees? I can not say to be a proud TWU member, our union is a shame.

Don't know the real reason,but I can read between the lines. Saving lawyer fees was just a guess. But, what are the real truthful reasons, perhaps someone can explain. Where are you Jim Little? Please tell us the truth!

63041275b2b452c516da70ae05a0dcf8.jpg

The TWU handbook for contract negotiations.

Reactions: 2 people
Who now has the might to stand against Isengard (twu) and Mordor (AA), and the union of the two towers.........
Two-Towers.jpg

There will be no dawn for (union) men.......

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting how the Pilot Union demonstrates courage.
Pilot membership demonstrates professionalism.

Flight Attendants Union demonstrates courage.
Membership demostrates professionalism.

TWU demonstrates FEAR
Members act with immaturity and lack of professionalism.

Great study of human behavior.

It is not just the leaders of the Union that are dealing with this differently.

Reactions: 1 person
I was almost going to call the OP out for a typo.

I thought the title was supposed to read "TWU is a sham"

Who now has the might to stand against Isengard (twu) and Mordor (AA), and the union of the two towers.........
Two-Towers.jpg

There will be no dawn for (union) men.......

Unlike in Return of the King I don't think we are going to win.

Unions have their say on American Airlines' bankruptcy

Unions have their say on American Airlines' bankruptcy

by JASON WHITELY Bio | Email | Follow: @jasonwhitely

NEW YORK — The fight to save thousands of jobs begins Monday morning in a New York courtroom. AMR's labor unions will begin making the case to save their contracts.

The bankrupt parent company of American Airlines says it wants to slash 13,000 jobs, laying off pilots, flight attendants, and ground workers.

But of the carrier's three major labor groups, the Transport Workers Union is the closet to saving some positions.

You could call this a "do-or-die" moment for American Airlines' unions as they prepare to argue their case to keep their contracts and save thousands of jobs.

Pilots and flight attendants are expected to present three arguments to the federal bankruptcy judge in New York on Monday:

American is asking for cuts far deeper than their colleagues faced at competing airlines. American Airlines doesn't really know what it wants, calling the current business plan being offered a "placeholder" since the carrier has said a merger could occur even before American exits bankruptcy protection.

Pilots say American wants cuts seven times deeper than it asked for before filing for bankruptcy.

The unions argue that American wants to return to profitability at the expense of its employees. Fourteen union witnesses are expected to testify over the next two weeks.

We're also waiting to see whether Transport Workers Union ground workers and mechanics will approve or reject American's "last, best" offer. A final vote tally is expected on Tuesday.

If TWU members approve the offer, the union is expected to remove itself from the bankruptcy hearing; if it fails, ground workers will continue to push for a merger.

But American employees could begin losing jobs soon. The bankruptcy judge is expected to make a decision on union contracts by June 6.

E-mail [email protected]

Latest posts