Hand Pay

Hey Bob...cmon now...you and hand anything ought to be good to go..huh?....we'll show them huh!..HAHAHA...Just when I think you're an i***t...*pfooof* you are one...thanks for the laughs Booby...HAHAHA

Way to go BOB!!! I love it when you rattle their cages..............
I don't know you, but through your post your as knowledgeable as any twu rep I've ever met...............
Keep the faith..............VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twu....the Wal-Mart of the labor movement.........your killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your_Ex-Wife said:
Hey Bob...cmon now...you and hand anything ought to be good to go..huh?....we'll show them huh!..HAHAHA...Just when I think you're an i***t...*pfooof* you are one...thanks for the laughs Booby...HAHAHA
Glad you're having a good time. I like your portrait, I might not know your name but at least I know what you look like now.

For over 50 years the TWU has recieved a check from American Airlines. The funds for that check are supplied by the thousands of workers who are forced to pay dues to the TWU as a condition of employment. Over the years the TWU has learned that the best way to make their check from American Airlines bigger is to cooperate with American Airlines. The members be damned.

Over the years the TWU has made it so that the members can not hold them accountable. They removed recall and set up the union in such a way that its nearly impossible to change it from within. As Stanley Aronowitz observed with such corrupt unions like the TWU the only way these leaders are removed is "by death or indictment". Our best hope of a regime change at this point hinges upon the findings of the SEC.

Serving the members did not really matter because whether they served them or not, they still had to pay, and they didnt even have to go after the money, the company automatically sent it to them. They sent them OUR money with their name on it.

There is little doubt that this union has a closer relationship to management than they do to their members. It all revolves around that ever growing check that American Airlines sends to the TWU. This relationship was clearly exposed at Ed Koziateks retirement party. There were more members of management, some in tears, at this party than rank and file members. In fact other than elected union officials I didnt see any rank and file members. One of the "highlights" of the party was where Don Carty stood up and announced that his retirement gift to Ed Koziatek was "7000 new dues paying members".

Over the last fifty years members have come and gone, however that check from American Airlines continues to come, and it continues to get bigger, in direct contrast to our real wages and benifits.

We need to send this union a message. They are supposed to work for us. Whether or not its a parting shot as we show them the door or not, we need to make it clear that its OUR money that American Airlines puts its name on as they give it to the TWU. We need to get on Hand Pay so that the union has to come to us to get their money, not the company. We need to show them that it is OUR money that they are taking and that they should have put our futures first over the last twenty years of sellouts instead of just focusing on making their check from American Airlines bigger. They should have focused on making OUR checks bigger!

We cant force the TWU to earn the money they take from us but we can force them to come to us for that money.

Get on HAND PAY now.

Its your MONEY!

Its one of the few rights you have with this union.

Hand Pay- Its the right way.

Make your Valentine to the TWU a certified letter reminding them of who really pays the dues by going to Hand Pay.

Hand Pay, Union Involvement! Thanks Bob! Participation is the key. When you stop by to pay your dues each month ask the Officers and the many Brothers and Sisters who participate what you can do to help?

The Union is only as good as you! If you're willing to stop by, It shows a desire on your part to show support. Even Bob can see the advantage of this. It may be cleaning up or helping in a grievence or talking to your fellow Brothers or Sisters! Or even talking to a retiree who stopped to play some cards but you show you care. Participation is the key!

Havea Great TWU Day!!!

Yea Bob, I learn so much about the people running Local 514 every time I wear my AMFA shirt into the hall to pay my dues in arrears, of as much as a year at a time. Last summer I received notice and arrived on a very hot day to pay my dues in arrears and the secretary said something about me not being able to wear my shirt in the hall. I asked her if she wanted to take my money in the hall or outside on the hot asphalt parking lot. She opted for inside.

What union is representing the secretaries maybe that's who we need. 67,000 for secretary work where do I sign up.

Checking it Out said:
Hand Pay, Union Involvement! Thanks Bob! Participation is the key. When you stop by to pay your dues each month ask the Officers and the many Brothers and Sisters who participate what you can do to help?

The Union is only as good as you! If you're willing to stop by, It shows a desire on your part to show support. Even Bob can see the advantage of this. It may be cleaning up or helping in a grievence or talking to your fellow Brothers or Sisters! Or even talking to a retiree who stopped to play some cards but you show you care. Participation is the key!

Havea Great TWU Day!!!
Each month? Who said anything about each month?

Actually I do help out the Local whenever they ask for anything. I speak to our officers frequently. I dont see the Local as the problem, if the local was the problem we could just vote them out. The Local can be held accountable.The International is the problem, and the only way we can vote them out is to vote out the entire TWU. Its the International who has to send me the certified letter.

All the "participation" in the world still will not allow us to vote out Jim Little, Sonny Hall, Yingst, Gles et al. Because the International does not feel that they should be held accountable for the 20 years of Industry leading concessions they have sold this membership. If we stay with the TWU, regardless of the participation we will continue on this decline at least until we hit the $15/hr average of the rest of the TWU.

Tell us how playing cards and putting on a show of concern would have changed anything.

CIO - Studies have shown: "Participation levels are higher in craft locals compared to industrial locals."(seidman,London,Kash,&Tagliacozzo)

Sign an AMFA card "CIO" and participate!

Paticipate!

Attachments

• union10.gif
    union10.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 117
I sent a certified letter to pAAyroll as required by article 38 to go to hand pay. Nothing! All I got was a letter from pAAyroll saying that they need the local to give them permission. I have had to file a grievance and second step it and they still continue to deduct the dues. This is a prime example of the company looking out for it's lapdog union! :down:

AMFA NOW!

TonyB said:
I sent a certified letter to pAAyroll as required by article 38 to go to hand pay. Nothing! All I got was a letter from pAAyroll saying that they need the local to give them permission. I have had to file a grievance and second step it and they still continue to deduct the dues. This is a prime example of the company looking out for it's lapdog union! :down:

AMFA NOW!
They told me the same thing. Tell them as I did that the company needs permission from YOU to withhold dues, not the union. Thats why you filled out the Authorization form after you hired on, you gave them permission to do so, now you are revoking that permission. Check with your state laws concerning rules as far as deductions from your pay. You do not need permission from the Union to stop checkoff.

You may want to contact the DOL.