Hand Pay

Bob are you advocating not to pay dues in this statement? (Each month? Who said anything about each month?)

Does this mean all amfa supporters can stop paying dues at the 8 airlines they represent? I have to wonder since many have not signed the card you are talking about! I can see a major dispute forming. I have seen where amfa has gone after dues in court. So be careful what you are advocating. with amfa more dues goes to the national. Your local for example will be limited on funds more so than now, And when you start filing lawsuits (and you will) you will see the consequences. But I don't think we have much to worry about at this time, common sense will prevail if an election was ever held. But at this junction and the announcement by the organizers of the card shortage there is not much to worry about!

As for the card playing? Many Retired members are welcome to come down to the hall and have dinners or visit and play cards. I for one have spent many hours discussing the past and future with them.

Thanks for your time and have a Great TWU Day!

Checking it Out said:
Bob are you advocating not to pay dues in this statement? (Each month? Who said anything about each month?)

Does this mean all amfa supporters can stop paying dues at the 8 airlines they represent? I have to wonder since many have not signed the card you are talking about! I can see a major dispute forming. I have seen where amfa has gone after dues in court. So be careful what you are advocating. with amfa more dues goes to the national. Your local for example will be limited on funds more so than now, And when you start filing lawsuits (and you will) you will see the consequences. But I don't think we have much to worry about at this time, common sense will prevail if an election was ever held. But at this junction and the announcement by the organizers of the card shortage there is not much to worry about!

As for the card playing? Many Retired members are welcome to come down to the hall and have dinners or visit and play cards. I for one have spent many hours discussing the past and future with them.

Is this the Lawsuit you are referencing? AMFA UAL fuelers
If fuelers were included in the vote (AMFA vs IAM) and AMFA is the certified
UNION. The Lawsuit seems proper. Does it not?
If you are talking about some other "suit", post the link so all may understand what the heck you are talking about.

Is this what dues paying members look forward to under amfa?

Amfa Has Member Fired

Local 37 President Hillary Francois and local rep Earl “The Puppet†Clark spent many hours fighting to have an 11 year senior inspector fired for non-payment of dues.

The inspector had a grievance hearing and was not happy with the outcome. This has actually become commonplace with members of the company union. He decided to follow the same action amfa instigated and supported at Northwest Airlines before amfa was certified there on June 1, 1999: He would withhold his dues payments until amfa asked him for the money, which they were required to do under the Alaska Airlines/amfa agreement.

After being in arrears 90 days, he was supposed to get written notice that he was delinquent, and amfa is contractually obligated to give the member 15 days to pay what is owed. The letters were sent to all employees who were behind in their dues, some as far as 120 days in arrears. The letters were written on Dec 2, and then forwarded to Alaska’s Airlines offices. This is another perfect example of how the line between craft association and airline management is being erased by amfa. But then what do you expect from an association whose own attorney negotiated a contract that included a Letter of Agreement (LOA) which, in his own words, “eliminates the prospect of a strikeâ€.

Amfa does not have a mailing list or information on all employees, so they forward mail to Alaska who provides address labels and mails them out. Alaska re-mailed the letters on Dec 14, and the inspector received his notice (certified) on the 20th, providing him 15 days. The 15 days is not specific to ‘calendar’ days, or ‘business’ days.

When the member tried to pay the local treasurer, on or about the 28th or 29th of December, the treasurer refused, stating the money must be sent to the amfa headquarters P.O. Box. It is obvious that the tight grip that the unelected, unremoveable National Administrator Kevin McCormick holds on the association’s finances. The amfa National prevents local lodge treasurers from accepting dues payments from members. The money received on the 5th of January at amfa National, and the check was cashed. After amfa accepted this members dues money, he was walked out of the hangar (fired) on January 25, 2000.

Hillary and Earl (Beavis & Butthead) both spent many hours fighting to get him fired. They obviously felt there was no need to spend this time defending their members instead of firing them. The reasoning, according to Hillary, was “to show that amfa has some teeth.â€

The circus atmosphere surrounding this incident is humorous for us, but drop dead serious for those under the amfa siege. If you are not in the favor of the elitist amfa puppets who were hand-picked by amfa National, your very livelihood is threatened. Three additional mechanics have been walked out for the same reason - “to show that amfa has teethâ€.

Earl and Hillary are pretty proud of themselves now. When the lawyers show up, Hillary and Earl will have their teeth knocked out.

Hey CIO, here's a few more things you can blame on Delle and AMFA!

Delle Seen at Grassy Knoll on November 22, 1963!

Jimmy Hoffa last seen with Delle before he disappeared!

AMFA to layoff 3,700,000 mechanics at NWA!

AMFA responsible for weak economy!

AMFA responsible for 9/11 attacks!

AMFA responsible for mad cow out break!!

AMFA responsible for 17 1/2 % pay cut, reduction in vacation and sick time at AA and set labor back 50 years!

Oh, no! That last one was the TWU!!! :down: :down:

Checking it Out said:

I pay my electric bill monthly-after they send me a bill.

I pay my phone bill monthly- after they send me a bill.

I pay my credit card bill monthly after they send me a bill.

I pay my water bill quarterly-after they send me a bill.

I pay my car insurance every six months- after they send me a bill.

I pay my house insurance and property tax annually-after they send me a bill.

I will pay my dues when I am sent a bill.

If you can get it out monthly, then thats when you will get it, if not-then you will not.

Everyone who is on checkoff must have signed an authorization form. Everyone has the right to revoke authorization. If the members at AMFA represented airlines feel that their union is not representing them then they have every right to go on hand pay.

Still no response on the graph. Did you show that to the retirees? Maybe thats one of they reasons they got out.

Checking it Out said:
Is this what dues paying members look forward to under amfa?

Amfa Has Member Fired

Local 37 President Hillary Francois and local rep Earl “The Puppet†Clark spent many hours fighting to have an 11 year senior inspector fired for non-payment of dues.

The inspector had a grievance hearing and was not happy with the outcome. This has actually become commonplace with members of the company union. He decided to follow the same action amfa instigated and supported at Northwest Airlines before amfa was certified there on June 1, 1999: He would withhold his dues payments until amfa asked him for the money, which they were required to do under the Alaska Airlines/amfa agreement.

After being in arrears 90 days, he was supposed to get written notice that he was delinquent, and amfa is contractually obligated to give the member 15 days to pay what is owed. The letters were sent to all employees who were behind in their dues, some as far as 120 days in arrears. The letters were written on Dec 2, and then forwarded to Alaska’s Airlines offices. This is another perfect example of how the line between craft association and airline management is being erased by amfa. But then what do you expect from an association whose own attorney negotiated a contract that included a Letter of Agreement (LOA) which, in his own words, “eliminates the prospect of a strikeâ€.

Amfa does not have a mailing list or information on all employees, so they forward mail to Alaska who provides address labels and mails them out. Alaska re-mailed the letters on Dec 14, and the inspector received his notice (certified) on the 20th, providing him 15 days. The 15 days is not specific to ‘calendar’ days, or ‘business’ days.

When the member tried to pay the local treasurer, on or about the 28th or 29th of December, the treasurer refused, stating the money must be sent to the amfa headquarters P.O. Box. It is obvious that the tight grip that the unelected, unremoveable National Administrator Kevin McCormick holds on the association’s finances. The amfa National prevents local lodge treasurers from accepting dues payments from members. The money received on the 5th of January at amfa National, and the check was cashed. After amfa accepted this members dues money, he was walked out of the hangar (fired) on January 25, 2000.

Hillary and Earl (Beavis & Butthead) both spent many hours fighting to get him fired. They obviously felt there was no need to spend this time defending their members instead of firing them. The reasoning, according to Hillary, was “to show that amfa has some teeth.â€

The circus atmosphere surrounding this incident is humorous for us, but drop dead serious for those under the amfa siege. If you are not in the favor of the elitist amfa puppets who were hand-picked by amfa National, your very livelihood is threatened. Three additional mechanics have been walked out for the same reason - “to show that amfa has teethâ€.

Earl and Hillary are pretty proud of themselves now. When the lawyers show up, Hillary and Earl will have their teeth knocked out.
After being in arrears 90 days, he was supposed to get written notice that he was delinquent, and amfa is contractually obligated to give the member 15 days to pay what is owed. The letters were sent to all employees who were behind in their dues, some as far as 120 days in arrears.

And I have been more than 365 days in arrears with no notification from the TWU per Article 38 of the contract. The TWU is "obligated" to notify me after 60 days in arrears.

When the TWU operates in a similar fashion you do not question this....

Or is it that if the TWU took the appropriate action, that the membership would revolt?

Why would you refer to Locals as "Lodges" if you work for American Airlines?

Remember guys. Go on hand pay. As we approach the upcoming election now is the time to tie up the TWUs resources. Go on hand pay and pay your dues only after they notify you via certified mail. The contract allows you to be up to 60 days in arrears before you are considered delinquent (Art 38(e)). If they notify you prior to the 60 days they are violating the contract. After you go beyond that the Director of the Air Transport Division has you notify you in writing that you are delinquent, at that point you have 15 days to pay up to the point of being within the 60 day window.