TWU letter, the other info.

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
I was reading the letter from the TWU bad mouthing the IBT, but here is some more info to think about.

union dues, does not include 10 sick at full pay or 10 holidays paid x2,etc.... we all know what we don't get.

TWU $685 and we make about $69k a year
IBT $1007 and they make about $79k a year ---------------------does not include $11k signing bonus
AMFA don't know dues but they make $93k a year --------------does not include 10% 401k match

these are all rough numbers.....

As far as keeping Tulsa open, In my opinion, the Oklahoma chamber of commerce had more to do with that then the TWU, as by the fact that AFW was closed and those mechanics are as valuable as TUL workers.

I was reading the letter from the TWU bad mouthing the IBT, but here is some more info to think about.

union dues, does not include 10 sick at full pay or 10 holidays paid x2,etc.... we all know what we don't get.

TWU $685 and we make about $69k a year
IBT $1007 and they make about $79k a year ---------------------does not include $11k signing bonus
AMFA don't know dues but they make $93k a year --------------does not include 10% 401k match

these are all rough numbers.....

As far as keeping Tulsa open, In my opinion, the Oklahoma chamber of commerce had more to do with that then the TWU, as by the fact that AFW was closed and those mechanics are as valuable as TUL workers.

I believe AMFA Dues, IAM dues and TWU dues are all 2 hours base pay per month.

Teamster dues would be $1007 for the same contract we have.

Not to nit pick,but I think 9.5%. 9.5 or 10 it is still better than the 5.5 that we get. With the money the SWA mechanics make a 9.5% raise would be a chunk of change.

Reactions: 1 person
The 401K match for the SWA mechs is 9.3% match dollar for dollar of input. Just wanted to clearify that it is not at 10%.

Not to nit pick,but I think 9.5%. 9.5 or 10 it is still better than the 5.5 that we get. With the money the SWA mechanics make a 9.5% raise would be a chunk of change.

And thats 9.5% based on $45/hr not $34/hr

So lets say both only work 2080 hours (no OT) the WN mechanic gets $8892 from the company in his 401k while the AA mechanic gets just $3889.60. Not even half!!!!!

Thats why its true to say we have the worst pension in the industry. Even if we had the same match, our lower hourly rate makes it inferior.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts