Teamsters Making Moves on American Mechanics

IAM officials Ed LaClaire and Sito Pantoja mentioned the fact that TWA owed the IAM several hundred million dollars for the pension that the IAM had taken over, they also mentioned an engine that was owned by the IAM and leased to TWA. This was in the Spring of 2001 in Nashville Tenn at the Hotel where the TWU negotiating team was staying.

The IAM should have called for a vote, seniority issues or not they may have won.

Did you send in your IBT card yet?
<_< ---- Sounds a little far feched,("several hundred million Dollars"?) but I'll see if I can find anything out! Thanks for the info.---- But, keep in mind, any or all liablities owed to our pension founds were asummed by the P.B.G.C. through the Bankrupcy Court! We recieved only pennies on a Dollar return!---Yea! we were screwed!

IAM officials Ed LaClaire and Sito Pantoja mentioned the fact that TWA owed the IAM several hundred million dollars for the pension that the IAM had taken over, they also mentioned an engine that was owned by the IAM and leased to TWA. This was in the Spring of 2001 in Nashville Tenn at the Hotel where the TWU negotiating team was staying.

The IAM should have called for a vote, seniority issues or not they may have won.

Did you send in your IBT card yet?
Sito also testified before the NMB that TWA had over 8,000 mechanic and related workers on both active duty and layoff at the time of the merger. This alone puts the IAM over the 35% required showing of interest, not including the several thousand AAers who signed IAM cards and sent them in to the KC local. Afterall, that KC local did a mailout to AAers. The obvious reason for no filing was the AMFA write-in potential that would at the very least resulted in a run-off election in which the twu for sure, and the IAM possibly would have lost.

I've been saying this since the Sito list came out in 2004 at the AMFA filing that you guys should of sued the IAM for not filing back in 2002 at the single carrier ruling. They were required by law to represent you, including a filing at the NMB if they had the numbers, and failed in these requirements.

But no sense talking in the past, now is the time to boot these idiots. BTW...Fleet service at DFW are all going hand pay, and passing out Teamsters cards, imagine that. :up:

Sito also testified before the NMB that TWA had over 8,000 mechanic and related workers on both active duty and layoff at the time of the merger. This alone puts the IAM over the 35% required showing of interest, not including the several thousand AAers who signed IAM cards and sent them in to the KC local. Afterall, that KC local did a mailout to AAers. The obvious reason for no filing was the AMFA write-in potential that would at the very least resulted in a run-off election in which the twu for sure, and the IAM possibly would have lost.

I've been saying this since the Sito list came out in 2004 at the AMFA filing that you guys should of sued the IAM for not filing back in 2002 at the single carrier ruling. They were required by law to represent you, including a filing at the NMB if they had the numbers, and failed in these requirements.

But no sense talking in the past, now is the time to boot these idiots. BTW...Fleet service at DFW are all going hand pay, and passing out Teamsters cards, imagine that. :up:
<_< --- AMFAMAN, Lawsuits sound fine in retorosect, but obviously the IAM felt that they didn't have the numbers to justify the expense of a campaign. I'm second guessing this because I wasn't the one making those decisions. All this is fine, debating "what ifs" on this board, but for once I have to agree with Hopeless! "Get over it"!--- NO! Put it behind us! YES!---- Time to move on people! And if that means sending in Teamsters Cards, let's get on with it!

<_< --- AMFAMAN, Lawsuits sound fine in retorosect, but obviously the IAM felt that they didn't have the numbers to justify the expense of a campaign. I'm second guessing this because I wasn't the one making those decisions. All this is fine, debating "what ifs" on this board, but for once I have to agree with Hopeless! "Get over it"!--- NO! Put it behind us! YES!---- Time to move on people! And if that means sending in Teamsters Cards, let's get on with it!
Sounds good. So lets start making lists,we already have maintenance, now we need Fleet, Stores and the gate agents. If after a few thopusand cards the IBT says no, then lets either contact European unions for help or start a whole new union with the object of going for the entire industry.

Latest posts