One Rude Agent

I think on the "west" side of things we have always been told to have it....things might have changed....I know I have to have when I travel PS2B for business related travel.
Maybe when the travel policies combine, there will be more guidance on this issue. I think it depends on the agent who checks you in. I've been flying NRSA a long time and always produce some form of a Gov't photo ID without any problems. It's just probably me, but the more ID's I carry, the more apt I am to lose them. I always try to lessen the agents' interaction when possible by listing ahead of time and only identifying myself upon check-in. I know they are busy and don't want to be bothered. There is always one bad person though that ruins it. I'd say out of 50 flights, I have not had but two unusual circumstances: a parent of an employee boarding (without the employee) before the active employee, and this experience. Both east and west agents I've encountered are usually very helpful, friendly and willing to assist. So, these two instances do not color the whole picture of all the agents. I've definitely had more positive experiences than bad ones.

Maybe when the travel policies combine, there will be more guidance on this issue. I think it depends on the agent who checks you in. I've been flying NRSA a long time and always produce some form of a Gov't photo ID without any problems. It's just probably me, but the more ID's I carry, the more apt I am to lose them. I always try to lessen the agents' interaction when possible by listing ahead of time and only identifying myself upon check-in. I know they are busy and don't want to be bothered. There is always one bad person though that ruins it. I'd say out of 50 flights, I have not had but two unusual circumstances: a parent of an employee boarding (without the employee) before the active employee, and this experience. Both east and west agents I've encountered are usually very helpful, friendly and willing to assist. So, these two instances do not color the whole picture of all the agents. I've definitely had more positive experiences than bad ones.

Thank you Ice. It's true, we get very busy in Phoenix but we DO follow the rules and we DO try to get as many non revs on our flight as possible. I've bit my tongue for many months reading negative remarks about east agents in Phoenix since until recently there were only 4 or 5 regular agents who worked the gates. I can't tell you how many list wrong, do not use the ETC, do not list at all, etc. Still I smile and and answer their questions and yes, even offer to show them the standby list so they can see where they are.

Thank you Ice. It's true, we get very busy in Phoenix but we DO follow the rules and we DO try to get as many non revs on our flight as possible. I've bit my tongue for many months reading negative remarks about east agents in Phoenix since until recently there were only 4 or 5 regular agents who worked the gates. I can't tell you how many list wrong, do not use the ETC, do not list at all, etc. Still I smile and and answer their questions and yes, even offer to show them the standby list so they can see where they are.
lol can we ask for you when we fly thru??

I've been flying NRSA a long time and always produce some form of a Gov't photo ID without any problems. It's just probably me, but the more ID's I carry, the more apt I am to lose them.
So if someone checks in with only a government ID and no term pass or company ID. The agent should assume you are an employee and guess/assume or trust on your boarding priority S1 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 S9

Eliminate the SA1, go by your hire date.It's a dosgrace to be put behind someone with 2 years when you have 20 !
On affiliate express your are still boarded after express carriers employees as a S1

So if someone checks in with only a government ID and no term pass or company ID. The agent should assume you are an employee and guess/assume or trust on your boarding priority S1 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 S9
On affiliate express your are still boarded after express carriers employees as a S1
Well, having a company ID does not state your boarding priority (not anywhere on the card that I noticed). No SA-1 vacation passes, SA-3,4,etc;
The east side system indicates your boarding priority and adjusts accordingly. I'm not sure how it works on the west side.

Well, having a company ID does not state your boarding priority (not anywhere on the card that I noticed). No SA-1 vacation passes, SA-3,4,etc;
The east side system indicates your boarding priority and adjusts accordingly. I'm not sure how it works on the west side.
You use the card to enter the numbers on it to get info on your data base (# of guest passes, boarding code, who is on your term pass, DOH, and who you work for ZW EN ect…)

01 or 02 indicate something to employees....

Agents are supposed to access the employees data base when checking the employee, family members or guest in, no matter what form of identification is used. The main reason there are errors on the PALL is due to the fact that the data base is ignored. The employee's number is in the PNR. It is possible to add *H at the end of the G*L___/PALL entry to check seniority but if the person on the list has been improperly checked in the information is not accurate.

We double check lists everyday when seats are limited and the non-rev list is long. There are plenty of errors for whatever reason. We simply take the name off and check them back in under the correct priority code. BTW, this problem is not only limited to non-revs. It seems that revenue standby categories confuse a lot of agents as well.

Agents are supposed to access the employees data base when checking the employee, family members or guest in, no matter what form of identification is used. The main reason there are errors on the PALL is due to the fact that the data base is ignored. The employee's number is in the PNR. It is possible to add *H at the end of the G*L___/PALL entry to check seniority but if the person on the list has been improperly checked in the information is not accurate.

We double check lists everyday when seats are limited and the non-rev list is long. There are plenty of errors for whatever reason. We simply take the name off and check them back in under the correct priority code. BTW, this problem is not only limited to non-revs. It seems that revenue standby categories confuse a lot of agents as well.
Thank you for the more thorough explanation but how does a nonrev get "improperly" checked in? Can you give an example? Welcome to the boards! :)

Thank you for the more thorough explanation but how does a nonrev get "improperly" checked in? Can you give an example? Welcome to the boards! :)
Employee of an affiliate express travels on mainline
Employee of affiliates express unaccompanied family members on mainline
Employee of affiliates express travels on their airline
Employee of affiliates express unaccompanied family members on their airline
Mainline employees on affiliate express
Mainline Unaccompanied family members on affiliate express
Mainline employees on S1 on affiliate express

I have seen these situations put on the PALL list all kinds of ways

By the way it appears that when you don't get on your original listed flight and are rolled over to the next one, the SA1 doesn't always follow the listing. This happened to me at a different time. The SA1 is a good idea but not enough agents know how to correctly handle it or know nothing about it. Just go by senority/DOH and all is fair.
When you check in your boarding priority is not always the same on the connecting flight due to the affiliate express thing

When I tried to use my SA1 the agent at the counter never bothered to put it in the priority list. So when I got to the gate and watched jr. employees get called ahead of me I knew something was up. With everybody being able to check the senority list,I don't understand why there are agents that feel that they are god and do things their way. When I got to the gate the agent was real indignent as to why I would question her. She told me there was only 2 seats left and did I want to split. I said I was confident that I had more senority than the 2 ahead of me that she had given seats to. I asked to see the senority list, sure enough the agent at the counter didn't list me as SA1. She said I never listed as SA1. Not so fast. I had her pull up my locater and as plain as day right in front of her was the listing showing SA1. What really P.O.'d her was she had to go and get the poor jr. employees off the plane. By the way it appears that when you don't get on your original listed flight and are rolled over to the next one, the SA1 doesn't always follow the listing. This happened to me at a different time. The SA1 is a good idea but not enough agents know how to correctly handle it or know nothing about it. Just go by senority/DOH and all is fair.
We have no way of knowing if you are an S1 except if you tell us or we pull up your reservation and study the remarks. The S1 was new to the east it took a while to catch on ……..(can I see your government ID)

Do affiliates express unaccompanied family members on their airline go before active employees of mainline?

Do affiliates express unaccompanied family members on their airline go before S1 ?

Do affiliates express employees go before S1 mainline?

Agents, for whatever reason, sometimes just list everyone as an S3. There is nothing in the system that prevents it from being done. Using the kiosk is the best way to ensure that you are listed correctly.

It happens in all categories especially since family members traveling alone are now S4 (or lower, if affiliate). We have had buddy passes on the list as S3, etc. It goes on and on. The information is only as accurate as the person entering it. A lot of agents will review their PALL for accuracy since they know errors occur.

Latest posts