One Rude Agent

As I've been reading this forum, it seems that a lot has been said about "East" agents in PHX. I feel it my duty to discuss the "West". [remainder of original quote edited to shorten]
I am seriously thinking about posting this on our union board....nice nice post.
Have we not all been in this situation? Does anyone still get stomach pains when traveling non rev like I do?
We all are INTERNAL CUSTOMERS...if employees do not start living this....where will we be?
Retiree...rest assue I am trying tos pread the word ont reatment...I am miniscule in this big new airline....but...one leads to two...two leads to three...come thru my city-we will take care of you!
We all have earned it!

Many years ago, there was a First officer that regularly flew PHL-LGW. One day, he checked in at my gate to go to PBI.....always a tough flight. He was travelling with his child, last flight of the night, etc. Back in the days when you still could, I made some arrangements with the crew to get all on board (legal ones, of course). He never forgot and any time I was on his flight (which I did often), he did his best to make sure I sat in F-class. Another much-too-long story to tell here was a BWI-PHL in an old Shorts-360. I was one of two non-revs and, luckily, the one with senority. At the last minute, the captain decided we had a weight/balance problem and they deplaned my co-worker......she was a tiny person......no more than 90-100 pounds. He knew it was non-rev and, back in the old "commuter" days, we often "fixed" such problems by declaring a bag or two as "carry-on". She was stuck....again last flight.

As to fatherabraham's question.....we always took as good care as we could. I was always a by-the-book person as far as stand-by lists were concerned.....mainly because for me, my job was always more important than having to explain to management when someone complained. Nevertheless, if there was an empty seat, coach or F, they went. On the other hand, many years ago in MSY, I was left behind on a flight that had F-class seats open and I didn't have an upgrade.....even though there was a female F/A who DID get on, in uniform, in F-class with no upgrade. I discovered this because the tkt counter supervisor, at the time, was an old friend and, at my request, he pulled the agents in. I wasn't upset that I didn't get on.....just that they cut her a break and not me........

Years ago, at Delta, flying FAT-SLC-PHL, as a non-rev, I was upgraded without even asking. In SLC, one of their Freaky Fliers was begging an upgrade and they turned him down because his tkt was a coach tkt and they wanted him to pay F-class fare to fly F-class......boy, are those days gone!

Thank you for the invite kao and feel free to post the earlier message....where are you?

Many years ago, there was a First officer that regularly flew PHL-LGW. One day, he checked in at my gate to go to PBI.....always a tough flight. He was travelling with his child, last flight of the night, etc. Back in the days when you still could, I made some arrangements with the crew to get all on board (legal ones, of course). He never forgot and any time I was on his flight (which I did often), he did his best to make sure I sat in F-class. Another much-too-long story to tell here was a BWI-PHL in an old Shorts-360. I was one of two non-revs and, luckily, the one with senority. At the last minute, the captain decided we had a weight/balance problem and they deplaned my co-worker......she was a tiny person......no more than 90-100 pounds. He knew it was non-rev and, back in the old "commuter" days, we often "fixed" such problems by declaring a bag or two as "carry-on". She was stuck....again last flight.

As to fatherabraham's question.....we always took as good care as we could. I was always a by-the-book person as far as stand-by lists were concerned.....mainly because for me, my job was always more important than having to explain to management when someone complained. Nevertheless, if there was an empty seat, coach or F, they went. On the other hand, many years ago in MSY, I was left behind on a flight that had F-class seats open and I didn't have an upgrade.....even though there was a female F/A who DID get on, in uniform, in F-class with no upgrade. I discovered this because the tkt counter supervisor, at the time, was an old friend and, at my request, he pulled the agents in. I wasn't upset that I didn't get on.....just that they cut her a break and not me........

Years ago, at Delta, flying FAT-SLC-PHL, as a non-rev, I was upgraded without even asking. In SLC, one of their Freaky Fliers was begging an upgrade and they turned him down because his tkt was a coach tkt and they wanted him to pay F-class fare to fly F-class......boy, are those days gone!

Thank you for the invite kao and feel free to post the earlier message....where are you?

not beating a dead horse, but just thought I'd chime in again with a follow-up. yes, the same agent I ran into again this afternoon. I won't go into detail again about what happened but I think a call to the station manager is in works this time. This "woman" (trying to be nice)is still so rude and unprofessional it's not funny anymore. I thought it may be a "bad day syndrome" the first time (still not an excuse) but not the same thing repeatedly. I'll advise on how it goes once I talk to the station mgr. I just "hope" she's treating "paying" pax with a little more respect and courtesy than she does non-revs. Being a front-line agent working with customers, she ought to be the shining example of customer service. On a positive note, (one of many), I noticed an agent out of BWI upgrade two servicemen from coach to f/c, which I thought was simply wonderful to see. Kudos to the BWI agents for this small token of appreciation.

not On a positive note, (one of many), I noticed an agent out of BWI upgrade two servicemen from coach to f/c, which I thought was simply wonderful to see. Kudos to the BWI agents for this small token of appreciation.
Management has fired agents for doing this. and you have to watch out for your US1 US2 US3 US4 letter writers they will rat you out

Latest posts