United And Bush At Pjb

ktflyhome

Veteran
Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
Flew into my home town today and Bush had been there with USAirforce 1 and his back up. What really amazed me when I was flying in on our Airmidwest operated by Mesa into PKB was the UNITED A320 sitting there. Evidently that was the Press. I wish it could have been an A320 USAirways sitting there on the U turf. Quite interesting. First time a Prez has been in this town since Reagan was running for Prez, before that it was Kennedy in 1960, I was a little girle back then. We circled for a bit, til Bush took off til we could land.

No real point to this thread, just wanted to share and say, that I wish it had been an A320 USAirways sitting there. :(

I remember sitting in the grandstands at the Dayton 500 and seeing a Piedmont 727 sitting, in "plane site" of all the spectators, at DAB. Come to think of it, there was a car that looked very much like it running around the track. Must have been the heat, or the Budweiser or something.

If only the airline could have enjoyed the success of NASCAR, but then again it is management and marketing. <_<

PKB is actually Parkersburg, W.Va. They have Beechcraft 1900 operating out of there, which is AirMidWest, which is owned by Mesa.

Latest posts

Back