United Mechanics Contract

Congrats, been at SWA for 24, lead mechanic, just curious why did you guys get rid of AMFA, and go Teamsters. We are getting close to year 6 without a T/A. Are you guys happy, or do you want a union change?

Stupidity, they believed the Reamster lies, enough said.
I left Untied over 10 years ago, so I can not speak for them.
Good Luck with you all.
Take Care,
xUT

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Stupidity, they believed the Reamster lies, enough said.
I left Untied over 10 years ago, so I can not speak for them.
Good Luck with you all.
Take Care,
xUT
Sorry didn't realize you were gone that long. If they can't rid of the Teamsters, they should at least, get rid of the guys that were running the IAM.

D757 here's another update as promised:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #56

Wow D757, I did not realize how long it has been since I gave you and your fellow mechs an update from our nego's. Here's a wild jump to #62 plus and the latest meeting info from the mediator...

Click on the link for full details:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #62 Addendum
March 10, 2018 -- No good deed goes unpunished. Your Committee attempted to focus on the positive aspects of this week’s negotiations with Southwest; however, Southwest decided instead to denigrate your Committee even at a time when the parties are closer to a deal than they have been since these negotiations began. The fact the Company cannot seem to alter its path of negative propaganda speaks volumes as to its negotiation playbook. Let us focus on the actual facts from this week.

And here is the latest mediators demands for the next meet in April...

NMB Meeting Notice to Resume Mediation with Southwest Airlines
March 15, 2018 -- Mediator Cathy McCann will continue mediation conferences with AMFA and Southwest Airlines in Dallas, TX on April 9-10, 2018.
Download: 20180315_Mtg_Notice_for_NMB_Case_A-13790_SWA_ AMFA.pdf

D757, sorry for the long delay in updates, but I am sure you've been checkin to our updates from time to time. How are things going over in UAL land? Hope all is good. Any luck in the drive?? I will update you after the next meetings in April, some are saying there very well may be a deal or T/A by the end of that week, BUT, I, highly doubt it as I think more company propaganda will come out yet again. Later...

Hey D757, we are hearing of a possible AIP in our nego's. Also hearing that maybe the union is not endorsing it at this time. More info to come if it comes to fruitrition. Will update you when I can...

Here's some details D757 from our AIP but union is NOT endorsing...

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #63
The Negotiating Committee is providing this update to the AMFA Membership at Southwest Airlines. This report is the only official authorized source of negotiating communications by the Committee.

You do realize I hope that you’re trying to talk to someone who hasn’t posted here in over a year now right?

Wow D757, I did not realize how long it has been since I gave you and your fellow mechs an update from our nego's. Here's a wild jump to #62 plus and the latest meeting info from the mediator...

Click on the link for full details:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #62 Addendum
March 10, 2018 -- No good deed goes unpunished. Your Committee attempted to focus on the positive aspects of this week’s negotiations with Southwest; however, Southwest decided instead to denigrate your Committee even at a time when the parties are closer to a deal than they have been since these negotiations began. The fact the Company cannot seem to alter its path of negative propaganda speaks volumes as to its negotiation playbook. Let us focus on the actual facts from this week.

And here is the latest mediators demands for the next meet in April...

NMB Meeting Notice to Resume Mediation with Southwest Airlines
March 15, 2018 -- Mediator Cathy McCann will continue mediation conferences with AMFA and Southwest Airlines in Dallas, TX on April 9-10, 2018.
Download: 20180315_Mtg_Notice_for_NMB_Case_A-13790_SWA_ AMFA.pdf

D757, sorry for the long delay in updates, but I am sure you've been checkin to our updates from time to time. How are things going over in UAL land? Hope all is good. Any luck in the drive?? I will update you after the next meetings in April, some are saying there very well may be a deal or T/A by the end of that week, BUT, I, highly doubt it as I think more company propaganda will come out yet again. Later...
Hey Swampy does anyone still post on this United Airlines forums, when does their mechanics contract become amenable?

I believe September 2022
Thanks, it would be nice to see their imput on here. On a side note met the new guy Kinder in charge came to our station today, nice guy, Dan Burgess was going with him, for Local 4 station visits, very impressed with him.

Thanks, it would be nice to see their imput on here. On a side note met the new guy Kinder in charge came to our station today, nice guy, Dan Burgess was going with him, for Local 4 station visits, very impressed with him.

So still hearing good vibes about KK? Good. Glad to hear.

Did UAL mechs get the 2% above highest in the industry average every 2 years? I know SWA, UPS and FedEx are not included as industry comparo's, but here lies the question; Now with Delta at or near 53, 2020 will bring the second adjustment time frame of 2 years. Sep. 2016 new 6 yr. contract, Sep 2018 first adjustment after 2 years, 2nd adjustment coming up in Sep 2020. Will the UAL mechanics be positioned at 2% above Delta? Which would be approx 54 and change. Then they will get another adjustment at Sep 2022 (if it was agreed to at amendable date). If AA still has no contract then the 3% above D or U will be higher than what we are making, if United mechs get their 2% at the 2 yr. adjustment. Just curious and something the AA'ers might think about going into 2020 without a new contract...

Teamster Mechanics at United Airlines Ratify National Agreement

I would probably agree to a bet to eat my work shoes if UA ever increased our wage with that industry reset. This place is the home of loopholes and doubletalk and the company wrote that baloney to try and get guys to vote for that last contract, not to help us out with kindness from their hearts if AA and DL got raises.

Edit: Sept 2018 we didnt get any kind of industry reset.

Did UAL mechs get the 2% above highest in the industry average every 2 years? I know SWA, UPS and FedEx are not included as industry comparo's, but here lies the question; Now with Delta at or near 53, 2020 will bring the second adjustment time frame of 2 years. Sep. 2016 new 6 yr. contract, Sep 2018 first adjustment after 2 years, 2nd adjustment coming up in Sep 2020. Will the UAL mechanics be positioned at 2% above Delta? Which would be approx 54 and change. Then they will get another adjustment at Sep 2022 (if it was agreed to at amendable date). If AA still has no contract then the 3% above D or U will be higher than what we are making, if United mechs get their 2% at the 2 yr. adjustment. Just curious and something the AA'ers might think about going into 2020 without a new contract...

Teamster Mechanics at United Airlines Ratify National Agreement