United Way

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
Just an idle though while I wait for the first new photos.

AWA has a jet pull (20 man teams) as a fund raiser for the United Way. It will be in Sep/Oct? It will be the last big AWA family thing. We need to have some US Airways teams participate. If anyone from the HP United Way commitees is reading this leave a contact info for any US Airways folks who might want to attended. It is going to be a big deal. Local cities, PHX Airport Fireman and Police teams as well as a bunch of employees and all the media will be here. I think having a US team or two (maybe a West Coast and East Coast team) would be great and show everyone in the metro PHX area what a team we are????
Plus it is a bunch of fun to pull an AC!!!! :up:

Sounds like fun. PM me with the details.
Sounds like years ago when we only had one tow bar for the F28.
When it broke, we would get the Ramp to push the 65000 bird off the gate by hand far enough so we could Taxi Out.

sounds great in my opinion also...we used to give to the united way...but siegel decided to not do it........i surmise the corporate cost at the time was too great to bear.....
tell that to some child with leg braces......................
thanks davey. :down:

delldude said:
sounds great in my opinion also...we used to give to the united way...but siegel decided to not do it........i surmise the corporate cost at the time was too great to bear.....
tell that to some child with leg braces......................
thanks davey. :down:
[post="291083"][/post]​

I think Doug is actually the chairman (or on their board) of the Phoenix UW.
It is very big here, We do about a million dollars a year.

Hope777 said:
Sounds like fun. PM me with the details.
Sounds like years ago when we only had one tow bar for the F28.
When it broke, we would get the Ramp to push the 65000 bird off the gate by hand far enough so we could Taxi Out.
[post="291080"][/post]​

I heard a story that the folks at ORF had to "muscle" a diverted 767 off the gate there one night when it "dropped in" for fuel.

UPNAWAY said:
I think Doug is actually the chairman (or on their board) of the Phoenix UW.
It is very big here, We do about a million dollars a year.
[post="291088"][/post]​
United Way Fund Raiser HP Jet PUL date TBD this week. Oct ?? Doug big supporter as he is on board for PHX UWay. Company goal increases each year. Jet Pull big fundraiser. Great opportunity for newco employees to get together. This year new thing. City of PHX having 70th anniversary and wanted to join HP with co-UWay fundraising event. Posters will be out soon with info and contact person for registration. HP fundraising is entirely made up of volunteer employees all over the system led by an HP management person. HP employees very excited that US wants to join in. Rumor has it a management team is being formed like last year. Doug and a lot of VPs were there. Great turn out and really promoted team work for a worthy cause. Will post details when they are published. The Jet Pull fundraiser might be just the thing to get people together for a great start showing how much everyone cares about each other and the community. Go HP/US.

Jet Pull Update..........
Limited to 50 teams of 20 each...
$10 donation per member = $200 per team.
Most teams have a theme and colors (T-shirts).
Mid October 13 or 14th? (Someone who knows help me out).
Much more orginized this year, food, sponsers, games, etc...
US people need to contact someone from HP quickly about forming teams since it is being limited to 50.
Since my work group is mostly female and we did poorly last year I could use a few ringers????