US AFA topic title edited by moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VAflyGal

Can someone explain to me how it makes sense that, on the 26th of the month, many of us east reserves are sitting around with less than 40 hours of block time in while others are flying 100 + hours? This happens month after month after month.

I haven't flown in 12 days and am frustrated with having to sit in base when I know I'm not going to get called. Why can't we have a "long call" option like the pilots do? At least some of us would be able to be broke in our own homes instead of a crash pad.

With ten years of "seniority" I am bringing home around $1200 a month. I just want to fly my time. Why are the max hours set at 90 each month for lines instead of 80? It's frustrating to watch so many of the regionals get so much of our old time. I feel we will never get off reserve.

Sorry to dump - it's just so frustrating.

It's frustrating to watch so many of the regionals get so much of our old time. I feel we will never get off reserve.
Express can only fly what mainline pilots allow
ALPA let the flying go with little strings attached

I am going to take a bet you were recalled or coming back from some leave? It has been like this since the LTO system started. It's been discussed here at length. The whole system is broke from the AIL to SAP to ETB and has become the have vs. the have not's. We have created quite a little viscous circle.
It was voted in with guns to the head and the company is taking gross advantage and liberties with what is an already concessionary contract. I would call your local AFA representative which I believe is Alan Boswell. Ask him what he is doing to change the system with his MEC vote and who is doing nothing in the MEC.

Can someone explain to me how it makes sense that, on the 26th of the month, many of us east reserves are sitting around with less than 40 hours of block time in while others are flying 100 + hours? This happens month after month after month.

I haven't flown in 12 days and am frustrated with having to sit in base when I know I'm not going to get called. Why can't we have a "long call" option like the pilots do? At least some of us would be able to be broke in our own homes instead of a crash pad.

With ten years of "seniority" I am bringing home around $1200 a month. I just want to fly my time. Why are the max hours set at 90 each month for lines instead of 80? It's frustrating to watch so many of the regionals get so much of our old time. I feel we will never get off reserve.

Sorry to dump - it's just so frustrating.
Since I've let the other thread run over, I've edited the title & this will be the new AFA topic. All labor thread rules apply here. I'm closing the other thread.

Tribute to US Airways Reserve Flight Attendants

My take on the Bud Light commercial.

Real American Heroes

Today we salute you Mr/Ms US Airways Reserve Flight Attendant!

Because of you the airline can even operate on the daily bases!

Who else would be there to get little Bobby and Judy to Grandmas place over Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas, 4th of July and Easter!

What says glamour more than getting up at 2 am to replace at crew headed across the pond!

Many a morning getting woken up by the double ring of scheduling for that one day that will pay you two hours!!

Thanks to you the flights will get out, even if eight hours behind!!

Who needs vacation in the summer anyhow?

So crack open a ice cold Coke because you know you can't have a Bud Light you're still on call!

Love the tribute Tahiti Girl!!

You will sit around all month. Making phone calls, and writing emails, or going to union meetings won't help. Sure, there will be concerned people listening to your hardship and agreeing how terrible it is. But think about it - this has been going on since late 2004 so it ain't goin away til the new contract in 2025 or whatever.

The one thing you do need to do is monitor the PIT-PHL flights. OPR no longer stands for On Premise Reserve. It is On Pittsburgh Recovery. BTW, I can't take credit for that acronym!! If you are a nice comfortable number and then notice 20 plus people getting called out for all sorts of wonderful transatlantic destionations, you can be sure a PIT flight canceled. Put FlightTracker in your favorites. You will be visiting that site a lot this summer. :up:

I don't know about that. I seem to remember the "dead zone". Junior reserves made their time because of quick calls, and senior reserves got to pick and choose trips (or pass) but still made thier time. If you were in the middle of the list, you pretty much sat. I'm no fan of LTO, but the old system, as good as it was, had some drawbacks too.

I am going to take a bet you were recalled or coming back from some leave? It has been like this since the LTO system started. It's been discussed here at length. The whole system is broke from the AIL to SAP to ETB and has become the have vs. the have not's. We have created quite a little viscous circle.
It was voted in with guns to the head and the company is taking gross advantage and liberties with what is an already concessionary contract. I would call your local AFA representative which I believe is Alan Boswell. Ask him what he is doing to change the system with his MEC vote and who is doing nothing in the MEC.
There is a union meeting on June 8 @ 11:00 am..... to to it and hold them accountable...

I'm not one that is known for sitting by without voicing my opinion but it seems that getting a band of reserves to voice their concerns and vent at a union meeting changes very little if NOTHING at all. I think it's a mix of union officials that have NO power to change anything or have no desire to REALLY listen. Go to the meeting and tell them how mad you are and you want change. Get back to me after the meeting. :rolleyes:

It's Alin not Alan. I am sure it was just a typo!

The meeting on the 8th in DC is for benefits/retirement.

I am looking for information on the crew rest grievance with AFA in regards to TLV. Any idea when this is happening??? Thanks.

As for TLV and the rest grievance I believe it is June 4th and 5th. They couldn't get two days in May and Mike Flores wanted two days for the hearing. We'll hear something soon after I'd guess.

As for TLV and the rest grievance I believe it is June 4th and 5th. They couldn't get two days in May and Mike Flores wanted two days for the hearing. We'll hear something soon after I'd guess.
Thank you. I hope he collected some info from CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts