US Airways ALPA MEC Cairman's Message - June 26, 2007

Aqua...looks like you have nothing to worry about. You have it bagged..in the can, wrapped up. Why would you need to protest so much? (my regards to Shakespeare.)

Why the long face?

Greeter.

No long face. I just think the smilies are kind of stupid unless the purpose is to flirt with a good looking, twenty-something year old female flight attendant.

Yo Greeter,

Check out who is driving the bus, the movers and shakers . . .

Where the real action is, what has the AWA guys and ALPO national really scared . . .

www.decertifyalpa.org

and this one

www.pearlgroup.org

Bus driver

Yo Greeter,

Check out who is driving the bus, the movers and shakers . . .

Where the real action is, what has the AWA guys and ALPO national really scared . . .

www.decertifyalpa.org

and this one

www.pearlgroup.org

Bus driver
Actually after today's EC meeting, I think you guys are going to have more support at www.decertifyalpa.org from the West then you could imagine.

Oops I forgot the East doesn't want the West signing their representation cards to get rid of "our" union.

On a side note, I find it interesting that the AAA MEC filed a complaint against the AWA MEC without adding ALPA International or Nic. and the NMB to their defendant list. After all isn't the complaint mostly against the arbitrator and the union as a whole?

But what do I know? After all "the west is a pimple on the donkey of progress." according to ussnark. BTW the resume IS up to speed. See you at the interviews....

On a side note, I find it interesting that the AAA MEC filed a complaint against the AWA MEC without adding ALPA International or Nic. and the NMB to their defendant list. After all isn't the complaint mostly against the arbitrator and the union as a whole?

That's a very good question and the only ones who can answer is Jack and counsel. All of the parties you mentioned could be named as third party defendants in the West reponse brief and I suppose it would be prudent to go ahead and do just that. But embedded within the West response will be several motions to dismiss for a variety of reasons, any of which is independently capable of dispensing with this nonsense (with costs awarded to the AWA). What's really amusing about today's filing is the irony; I suspect that most of the AAA pilots are like the many Americans who profess to be fed up with lawyers, the tort system and frivilous lawsuits. Yet what do we have here - the penultimate example of frivolity that is widely embraced by the same people who profess otherwise! Oh how sweet is the irony! Come one guys...admit it. Most, if not all of you, have gone off on many occassions about those "god d@mned ambulance chasing attorneys who do nothing more than make the lives of working people hard." Come on...admit it. Those exact words have crossed the lips of all of you in your self-righteous diatribes while cruising at FL350; and it's happened more than once. Well now I want to ask you - how does hypocrisy taste? Hmmm?

Aqua, we are not fed up with lawyers...just ALPA lawyers. Keep your eye on the PROCESS. Each box will have to be checked as we move forward in our eventual success of nulling this non-ALPA merger policy list. Don't look over the nose of your aircraft.....look all the way down the runway.

Ask yourself...how did we get to this point?...the list has been out for almost 2 months, and still has not been passed to the company. Why is that? The list was passed on the next day in the AAA/PSA, AAA/PI, and AAA/Shuttle mergers. Why is this case different? Why are West pilots not bidding widebodys or 190s on the upcoming bid?

I know the answer. Do you?

Greeter.

Seems Mr Wilder has represented the Teamsters against CO.
He was also the ALPA-National supplied attorney advising the TWA pilots against AA in 2001. He subsequently sued ALPA and the TWA MEC for non-payment of his last bill. I have no idea why he wasn't paid but the TWA MEC was already long-disolved so he went after our still-frozen Merger Account. Sounds like he now has an anti-ALPA grudge.

Aqua, we are not fed up with lawyers...just ALPA lawyers. Keep your eye on the PROCESS. Each box will have to be checked as we move forward in our eventual success of nulling this non-ALPA merger policy list. Don't look over the nose of your aircraft.....look all the way down the runway.

Ask yourself...how did we get to this point?...the list has been out for almost 2 months, and still has not been passed to the company. Why is that? The list was passed on the next day in the AAA/PSA, AAA/PI, and AAA/Shuttle mergers. Why is this case different? Why are West pilots not bidding widebodys or 190s on the upcoming bid?

I know the answer. Do you?

Greeter.

Wrong pronoun. There is no "we" in this process and there never will be. The lists that were forwarded the very next day illustrate a past practice that should be happening today. I attribute the difference between then and now as function of a weak invividual who probably won't last much longer in his cush Herndon job. The upside to this exercise in frivolity is that ALPA can be joined as a co-defendant, along with Nic and both pilot neutrals. The longer this drags on though, the better. Another merger is inevitable and there won't be enough chairs for everybody at the next table. It's painfully clear over the last two years why AAA was a failing airline, on the verge of oblivion, and it wasn't because of the managements. Doug has no hope of fixing PHL any more than the previous suits. Much on the East is just unfixable, just like Jack's stupidity is unfixable. The PHL 22 thugs are unfixable. The outright disrespect shown by every East employee group towards West management is uncalled for and once again should remind the powerbrokers of who they are dealing with. There is but one solution, and only one solution, which is to synergize the problem away in the next merger. Doug is dealing people who clearly have reaped what they have sown over the years. If they want more, then karmic justice will surely dish it out to them.

Wrong pronoun. There is no "we" in this process and there never will be. The lists that were forwarded the very next day illustrate a past practice that should be happening today. I attribute the difference between then and now as function of a weak invividual who probably won't last much longer in his cush Herndon job. The upside to this exercise in frivolity is that ALPA can be joined as a co-defendant, along with Nic and both pilot neutrals. The longer this drags on though, the better. Another merger is inevitable and there won't be enough chairs for everybody at the next table. It's painfully clear over the last two years why AAA was a failing airline, on the verge of oblivion, and it wasn't because of the managements. Doug has no hope of fixing PHL any more than the previous suits. Much on the East is just unfixable, just like Jack's stupidity is unfixable. The PHL 22 thugs are unfixable. The outright disrespect shown by every East employee group towards West management is uncalled for and once again should remind the powerbrokers of who they are dealing with. There is but one solution, and only one solution, which is to synergize the problem away in the next merger. Doug is dealing people who clearly have reaped what they have sown over the years. If they want more, then karmic justice will surely dish it out to them.

Oh brother, You have no clue at all.

I told myself not to waste my time posting on here any more, but for some reason your drivel drives me nuts! Karmic justice flows both ways my friend. If US is such an awful place, full of awful people, what did the folks at AWA do to deserve to be put together with them.

I wonder what the PI/US merger would have been like if the internet had been around then.

Parker spinning off parts of US is starting to sound pretty good compared to the future we have together.

You said your old man worked for UA. A Marv junior, it all makes sense now. :D

You are so all over the map we need about 5 threads just to reply...so I will start here...

The outright disrespect shown by every East employee group towards West management is uncalled for and once again should remind the powerbrokers of who they are dealing with.

Ahhhhh, now we are getting somewhere. Now we are starting to see the difference in a group that has known very few managements and only one crew base...as opposed to the East that has seen these types of a carpetbaggers and petty thieves (ACARS) come and go. We don't offer our respect simply because someone is new, and deserves a fresh start. We start off jaded and look for improvement. Current management has not only failed at the task..they have actaully managed to earn the wrath of just about every walk of employee on the East due to their incompetance (reservations, DAL, travel policy, drunken drives, etc).

We know who we are dealing with..the same merger and aquisition suits we have seen going back over 3 managements here. Look for a change of scenery when the stock drops below 20..maybe sooner from what I hear.

Greeter.

Come one guys...admit it. Most, if not all of you, have gone off on many occassions about those "god d@mned ambulance chasing attorneys who do nothing more than make the lives of working people hard." Come on...admit it. Those exact words have crossed the lips of all of you in your self-righteous diatribes while cruising at FL350; and it's happened more than once.

Given the age of the average USAir pilot, they are probably saddled with a few previous divorces in their checkered pasts so yes, I imagine most have participated in a few lawyer bashing jawboning sessions.

Don't rain on aqua's parade man. He is the most verbose, eloquent poster I've seen here in a long time. He sure uses some big words! Very entertaining for me.

I know a Harvard educated pilot here on the East side. Graduated from there with honors in the late 70's. True story. Do you know what that makes him?

The stupidest man on the East seniority list.

I liken him to aqua. Full of himself but unwilling to use his education or intelligence to do anything other than fly jets for an incompetent management. And then tell everyone around them just how stupid and foolish THEY are.

pilot

"

We know who we are dealing with..the same merger and aquisition suits we have seen going back over 3 managements here. Look for a change of scenery when the stock drops below 20..maybe sooner from what I hear.

Greeter.
[/quote]

Not soon enough for me.

You have to blame the BOD as well. Where have they been the last several months?

Jetblue had one bad day and it's CEO and founder gets canned.

Don't rain on aqua's parade man. He is the most verbose, eloquent poster I've seen here in a long time. He sure uses some big words! Very entertaining for me.

I know a Harvard educated pilot here on the East side. Graduated from there with honors in the late 70's. True story. Do you know what that makes him?

The stupidest man on the East seniority list.

I liken him to aqua. Full of himself but unwilling to use his education or intelligence to do anything other than fly jets for an incompetent management. And then tell everyone around them just how stupid and foolish THEY are.

pilot

So what's your point? That Aqua, who you don't know, is stupid because he may be educated and chooses to fly because he enjoys flying? Or that pilots all pilots are dumb?

Latest posts