Us Airways Applies For Iad/bwi-cun

All 13 gates are in the Customs area, the D-concourse was revamped and expanded to handle the additional international flights.

But you have to leave the gate area and go back upstairs and go through the security check point once again, and with 878 usually running late it will be tight.

Saturday is the day that most time shares turn over. If you're going to pick a day, that's the one.

well the positive thing is that they are actually utilizing the airplanes on routes that need and require an extra large SJ 319

OK. According to the Star Alliance time table and the US timetable, you can do a single day connect from the majority of the Island/Mexican destinations to Europe (usually CDG, MUC, FRA, or LGW). Some of the more unusual ones (GND, UVF, and BGI) would require a day's layover in CLT or PHL.

On the downward leg, the only flights from Europe which allow a single day connect to the Caribben are flights to CUN, BDA and SJU.

So, I guess an evening bank would make sense. Of course, you will immediately run into the issues of having every crew transiting south spending the night in either very expensive accomodations or in semi-desirable locations - depending on the negotiated rates for the contracts. (My understanding now is that crews flying south simply go there and back without a stopover - please correct me if I'm wrong).